War and Civil War: BGS Guide - Best Current Thinking

Yeah, I've flipped systems where the local powerplayers didn't have any favourable governments at all. I even considered approaching them for help flipping another system - not because I wanted it, I just wanted the government to be literally anyone that wasn't present in my system since I was having trouble with people bounty hunting there and cashing them in mine. I was prepared to return the favour by flipping some of the unfavourable governments in the sphere to favourable ones.
Sometimes Powers want a system unfavorable because they want to ditch it. Hopefully FD will enact Sandros changes in this regard, because it will reduce a Powers BGS footprint by about 9/10ths and avoid an ever increasing problem of escalating PMF numbers. I have fond memories of yet another new PMF popping up and facepalming at the gov choice.

Sometimes Powers want a system unfavorable because they want to ditch it. Hopefully FD will enact Sandros changes in this regard, because it will reduce a Powers BGS footprint by about 9/10ths and avoid an ever increasing problem of escalating PMF numbers. I have fond memories of yet another new PMF popping up and facepalming at the gov choice.
Well, this is the thing - a lot of people that don't want to get into powerplay just make their factions for thematic reasons and don't even consider tactical stuff like that, it's not a competitive game to them and they tend to get annoyed when it's imposed upon them.

Like, one group I know picked cooperative literally because it made a nice acronym. They were in LYR space.

Is there a way to see how long a war has been going? Status summaries just tell me if there's a war happening and how many days the faction has won.

1) Does handing in bonds in the redemption office of fleet carrier (that is stationed in the same system) counts towards winning the war or is it just cash-in ?
2) Do strategic data transfer missions count towards winning the war or only combat missions (assassinations, ground attacks, massacre...) ?

1) Does handing in bonds in the redemption office of fleet carrier (that is stationed in the same system) counts towards winning the war or is it just cash-in ?
2) Do strategic data transfer missions count towards winning the war or only combat missions (assassinations, ground attacks, massacre...) ?
1) yes
2) yes (all "war-themed missions")

Handing in bonds only has an effect during wars and it counts towards winning it. Doing it under a fleet carrier's redemption office has half the effect, though. So you are better off dropping it in a station/port in the system, unless you are hostile to them and can't land there.
I'm not sure what the numbers are when it comes to time efficiency, if it is better spent gathering reputation for the faction you are hostile with to be able to dock there, or to just hand them in in a carrier.

And what do you mean with data transfer missions? I think those missions that require you to scan a data link from a ground base do count but I am not sure. Data courier missions however don't count. These being the ones that just require you to go from point A to B to hand in data.

1) Yes, I asked because of the hostile reputation with the controlling faction. I could not land at the station. And it is definitely better to do more conflict zones than to spend time increasing reputation with the faction.
2) These are the simple courier/data delivery mission from station to station. They say in description that the delivery will help with the war. I thought every mission with the word "war" in the description counts towards winning the war. But this is not what is written in the description on the first page of this thread. And I thought that I read somewhere that someone tried doing only these missions during war and two of them did not do anything, but doing three won the day tick. But I cannot find it any more. That's why I asked, to be sure.

1) Yes, I asked because of the hostile reputation with the controlling faction. I could not land at the station. And it is definitely better to do more conflict zones than to spend time increasing reputation with the faction.
2) These are the simple courier/data delivery mission from station to station. They say in description that the delivery will help with the war. I thought every mission with the word "war" in the description counts towards winning the war. But this is not what is written in the description on the first page of this thread. And I thought that I read somewhere that someone tried doing only these missions during war and two of them did not do anything, but doing three won the day tick. But I cannot find it any more. That's why I asked, to be sure.
1) It is surprisingly fast to get your reputation up with a faction using exploration data. A few million and you can go from unfriendly to cordial. These millions in data you can get through road 2 riches in about 20 minutes. Only works if you turn in the data in a station owned by them.

If you are already hostile you can't do this, instead you could do some bounty hunting for this faction and redeem the vouchers in an interstellar factors, wich gives you reputation, but no effect on influence/wars. If they don't have bounty hunting sites you can just wait a few days, and in your case this is not useful is it. I think if you get killed by the station the hostile status is upgraded to unfriendly but this is from distant memory and it might possibly just be me making it up.

2) If the mission you are taking doesn't require you to use your hardpoints it doesn't count towards the war. Data courier missions might literally be named "help with the war effort..." but they don't work. Just like those "liberate prisoners" election missions that are literally named election missions and show up en masse during elections... and don't work in elections!

Now, can I ask, is this war opossed? As in, do you think there are players fighting against you/in favor of the other faction? And, where are you taking these missions? If they own all stations/planetary ports I assume you cannot dock to take in missions.

1) when the station kills you when you are hostile with them, you just respawn in "detention" facility and you are still hostile with them.
2) there was some traffic in the system, there was some opposition. I took some of those missions for the other faction before I became hostile with the owner.

Last edited:
1) when the station kills you when you are hostile with them, you just respawn in "detention" facility and you are still hostile with them.
I'm pretty sure that only happens when you have a bounty with them. Check with an interstellar factors to get that cleaerd up.

2) there was some traffic in the system, there was some opposition. I took some of those missions for the other faction before I became hostile with the owner.
That explains it then.

1) I was fighting against them in a war, I became hostile, tried to land at their starport, the station killed me, I respawned in "detention" facility. No bounty.

I tried the simple delivery missions with name "strategic data transfer" and they do not count towards winning the war.
I took four missions, I did no combat missions or conflict zones and no one won the tick/day.
when did you do that?

Top Bottom