War and Civil War: BGS Guide - Best Current Thinking

1) Yes, I asked because of the hostile reputation with the controlling faction. I could not land at the station. And it is definitely better to do more conflict zones than to spend time increasing reputation with the faction.
2) These are the simple courier/data delivery mission from station to station. They say in description that the delivery will help with the war. I thought every mission with the word "war" in the description counts towards winning the war. But this is not what is written in the description on the first page of this thread. And I thought that I read somewhere that someone tried doing only these missions during war and two of them did not do anything, but doing three won the day tick. But I cannot find it any more. That's why I asked, to be sure.

1) Yes, I asked because of the hostile reputation with the controlling faction. I could not land at the station. And it is definitely better to do more conflict zones than to spend time increasing reputation with the faction.
2) These are the simple courier/data delivery mission from station to station. They say in description that the delivery will help with the war. I thought every mission with the word "war" in the description counts towards winning the war. But this is not what is written in the description on the first page of this thread. And I thought that I read somewhere that someone tried doing only these missions during war and two of them did not do anything, but doing three won the day tick. But I cannot find it any more. That's why I asked, to be sure.

1) It is surprisingly fast to get your reputation up with a faction using exploration data. A few million and you can go from unfriendly to cordial. These millions in data you can get through road 2 riches in about 20 minutes. Only works if you turn in the data in a station owned by them.

If you are already hostile you can't do this, instead you could do some bounty hunting for this faction and redeem the vouchers in an interstellar factors, wich gives you reputation, but no effect on influence/wars. If they don't have bounty hunting sites you can just wait a few days, and in your case this is not useful is it. I think if you get killed by the station the hostile status is upgraded to unfriendly but this is from distant memory and it might possibly just be me making it up.

2) If the mission you are taking doesn't require you to use your hardpoints it doesn't count towards the war. Data courier missions might literally be named "help with the war effort..." but they don't work. Just like those "liberate prisoners" election missions that are literally named election missions and show up en masse during elections... and don't work in elections!

Now, can I ask, is this war opossed? As in, do you think there are players fighting against you/in favor of the other faction? And, where are you taking these missions? If they own all stations/planetary ports I assume you cannot dock to take in missions.

1) when the station kills you when you are hostile with them, you just respawn in "detention" facility and you are still hostile with them.
2) there was some traffic in the system, there was some opposition. I took some of those missions for the other faction before I became hostile with the owner.

Last edited:
1) when the station kills you when you are hostile with them, you just respawn in "detention" facility and you are still hostile with them.

I'm pretty sure that only happens when you have a bounty with them. Check with an interstellar factors to get that cleaerd up.

2) there was some traffic in the system, there was some opposition. I took some of those missions for the other faction before I became hostile with the owner.

That explains it then.

1) I was fighting against them in a war, I became hostile, tried to land at their starport, the station killed me, I respawned in "detention" facility. No bounty.

Also if you get hostile during handing in missions you just have to relog and you respawn in the detention facility. No need for trying to outrun the station guns.

I tried the simple delivery missions with name "strategic data transfer" and they do not count towards winning the war.
I took four missions, I did no combat missions or conflict zones and no one won the tick/day.
when did you do that?

a week ago, maybe longer. I just forgot to report it...it has nothing to do with the latest bgs apocalypse...
ty! that's very interesting! (might be worth it to file a bug report, because it is clearly not working as described)

Is this info about influence lock still correct? "When a war is active or pending, influence is locked for the duration of the war". I see asymmetric conflict right now in Utgaroar. These factions are at active war but their influence is changing every day.

HDS 123 SERVICES
Time,Influence,State
3306-10-19 11:55,20.3,BLIGHT,WAR
3306-10-18 11:16,21.1,BLIGHT,WAR
3306-10-17 11:20,21.9,BLIGHT

UTGAROAR GOLD SOCIETY
Time,Influence,State
3306-10-19 11:55,22.5,WAR
3306-10-18 11:16,22.2,WAR
3306-10-17 11:20,21.9,NONE

Elite BGS link to the system: https://elitebgs.app/system/59e9b7fad22c775be098d6bb

Retropolitan: Thank you. It is nice to hear that "new" states do BGS even more complex and it make sense what you wrote. I will keep eye on it to understand it better.

Best Current Thinking...

Are their any similarities in influence gain between winning CZs and claiming bounties?

I'm at war with the controlling faction in a system with very low traffic but the system news shows 94 bounties claimed totalling 5 mil, which presumably would have been handed in to the controlling station and therefore contributing (knowingly or unknowingly) to their effort. They won the daily tally but with only two other ships in the system in the past 24 hours, I'm wondering if handing in these bounties would have been enough to counter my efforts (winning 1 Low CZ, 6 Med CZs and 1 High CZ).

Best Current Thinking...

Are their any similarities in influence gain between winning CZs and claiming bounties?

I'm at war with the controlling faction in a system with very low traffic but the system news shows 94 bounties claimed totalling 5 mil, which presumably would have been handed in to the controlling station and therefore contributing (knowingly or unknowingly) to their effort. They won the daily tally but with only two other ships in the system in the past 24 hours, I'm wondering if handing in these bounties would have been enough to counter my efforts (winning 1 Low CZ, 6 Med CZs and 1 High CZ).
if traffic is really 2+ you, and you have 94 bountie claims, and those weren#t yours - that's not random trader-shoots-pirate traffic (If you'd have, let's say, traffic of 50 ships - that might be mission running into the system with mission npc interdicting). that means somebody is IN the system, doing whatever they do. for exampel winning conflictzones as you do.

if traffic is really 2+ you, and you have 94 bountie claims, and those weren#t yours - that's not random trader-shoots-pirate traffic (If you'd have, let's say, traffic of 50 ships - that might be mission running into the system with mission npc interdicting). that means somebody is IN the system, doing whatever they do. for exampel winning conflictzones as you do.

My guess is someone has been visiting the Haz Res just a few Ls from the main station - there has been literally 2 other ships and me. I'm trying to figure out if their intention is to oppose me or if they are innocently mat/bounty farming. If 5 mil in bounties is enough to make a significant difference then I'll know chances are higher that someone is purposefully bounty hunting to counter as opposed to someone mat farming unknowingly affected a war outcome.

If bounty hunting does make a significant contribution, then I may even revert to that method myself. I'm sick of CZs.

Top Bottom