Watch This Space

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well... it has been a long time since I posted anything. However, I had continued to lurk daily. I've had my elite t-shirt sitting next to my computer since I won it in the Christmas contest (almost 2 years ago?!)
I am so happy to join as a 50 pound backer but I sure wish I could lay down enough to have a space station named after me. :(

What a surprise to find this forum so alive with so many new comers. It makes me feel really old seeing that I joined this forum in 2006 (6 YEARS AGO!!!) :eek:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Well... it has been a long time since I posted anything. However, I had continued to lurk daily. I've had my elite t-shirt sitting next to my computer since I won it in the Christmas contest (almost 2 years ago?!)
I am so happy to join as a 50 pound backer but I sure wish I could lay down enough to have a space station named after me. :(

What a surprise to find this forum so alive with so many new comers. It makes me feel really old seeing that I joined this forum in 2006 (6 YEARS AGO!!!) :eek:

Welcome back Dragonstar, Can't believe it's been 2 years since the T-shirt comp, Mine still looks in great shape even though it gets a fair amount of use :D

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
A friend and I were discussing Dec 21st, and I said imagine the irony if on Dec 20th Elite 4 hits its KS target ...

Then on Dec 21st the world ends :eek:

That would be just our luck after waiting all these years :D

How about "Elite : Phoenix" because it's come back from the dead and been reborn from it's ashes?

(I'd suggest Elite : Rebirth ... but that might upset some stuck-up people on another forum)

Hi Folks! :smilie:

It's great news to read and see on video in the 'media' that Elite Dangerous will hopefully be a game once again. I must admit *cough* on the 'other Forum' I now and then mentioned this glorious series as being one of the best space simulations ever to be produced. I, like some of yourselves played this game series when it first came on to the games market. I have one of the games in front of me here actually as I'm typing this. Elite Frontier 2 for the Amiga.

This always makes me smile when I read this..."SUE CRIPPLE & SNEER" solicitors (from the Manual btw.)
Anyway, 'Elite Rebirth' ...no, no, no,....this would be even worse than 'Dangerous! :eek::smilie:
I Agree that 'Elite Phoenix', would be a much more meaningfull name, as you say because it's 'Rising from the Ashes' ;)...and of course you 'could' link this with a new 'super ship' (of the same name) in the forthcoming game...if one wanted to.
It would look better on the Elite 'Logo' as well, but that's just my personal opinion:eek:

Okay, I've 'popped' in here at various times over the years but never posted...perhaps once, but read much. So I'd better introduce myself. I'm a member of Egosoft's Forum, played all the games, and yes..currently waiting for X Rebirth. Overjoyed that Chris Roberts is putting life back into Space Simulation Gaming, I've played many of his previous games too. I'm over the moon that David Braben has decided to bring Elite '4' up to date, and throw his lot in with Kickstarter, The future of PC space simulations never looked better.

Kind Regards to you all,
Jumpin' Jack Flash.:D

Welcome back Dragonstar! We don't get a t shirt this time around....but as long as we get E4 I'll be happy! A bit worried about some negative press and loss of momentum

And welcome jumpin jack flash: good to see new faces. Lets hope both succeed!

The total started "53 Days To Go" at £419,910

Today's daily target was £436,500
(as I have explained before, I worked out the daily target is £16,500)

The total ended today at £436,691
So it achieved today's daily target.
It did not however, recover yesterday's shortfall of £2,000

The total started "53 Days To Go" at £419,910

Today's daily target was £436,500
(as I have explained before, I worked out the daily target is £16,500)

The total ended today at £436,691
So it achieved today's daily target.
It did not however, recover yesterday's shortfall of £2,000

Although every day the target is exceeded the required daily amount reduces, every day it's missed it increases. According to Kicktraq the daily target for pledges sits at £15,345. It is a shifting target thankfully (or unfortunately depending on your half full half empty tendancies).

I have to disagree with you there, Steve.
When I worked it out, I subtracted £300,000 from £1,250,000
and divided that by the number of days left.
This gave me a total just under £16,500
If you add £16,500 for each day, it will just go over the target.

It's simple maths, and all this "shifting target" to me just makes it more complicated and harder to work out (and probably wrong).

By all means, I have no problem with you checking my maths,
I am not a professor in mathematics, so I may have got it wrong.

EDIT ... I just got my calculator out, subtracted £436,691 from £1,250,000 and divided that by 52
The result was £15,640.557

But I'm sticking with £16,500

I have to disagree with you there, Steve.
When I worked it out, I subtracted £300,000 from £1,250,000
and divided that by the number of days left.
This gave me a total just under £16,500
If you add £16,500 for each day, it will just go over the target.

It's simple maths, and all this "shifting target" to me just makes it more complicated and harder to work out (and probably wrong).

By all means, I have no problem with you checking my maths,
I am not a professor in mathematics, so I may have got it wrong.

EDIT ... I just got my calculator out, subtracted £436,691 from £1,250,000 and divided that by 52
The result was £15,640.557

But I'm sticking with £16,500

LOL goodo :D Either way it works out positive :D

A friend and I were discussing Dec 21st, and I said imagine the irony if on Dec 20th Elite 4 hits its KS target ...

Then on Dec 21st the world ends :eek:

The Mayans didn't predict the End of the World, they predicted the Second Coming of Elite (OK, it's been more than two, but y'know what I mean). OK, they were off by a month or so. ;)

Maybe the Mayan's actual message to us was:

"The end of the world's...
...productivity"

In which case they could still be very correct!
*smirk*

ps: I've visited these forums more than a hundred times in the last few days (it used to be once a month). Totally enjoying this buzz!

is it my imagination, or are we going backwards?

Pledge%20amount%20down.png

I am sure we made the "52 Days To Go" daily target and got up to £453,191

I thought I'd had to much whisky last night! Sad it was the first thing I checked this morning. So we need just under £16 per day to make the target?

I thought I'd had to much whisky last night! Sad it was the first thing I checked this morning. So we need just under £16 per day to make the target?
The actual daily requirement is something like £15,600
but I keep saying it is £16,500 ... that's just me over-estimating based on earlier calculations

The problem with what happened last night, just as we'd made the daily requirement for yesterday, it suddenly dropped £4,000
So today, we need to make about £20,000 to meet today's daily requirement, and the £4,000 drop.

Without the much needed (and dare I say, long overdue) update from FD,
I can't see us meeting today's daily requirement, nevermind making up the drop as well.

The actual daily requirement is something like £15,600
but I keep saying it is £16,500 ... that's just me over-estimating based on earlier calculations

The problem with what happened last night, just as we'd made the daily requirement for yesterday, it suddenly dropped £4,000
So today, we need to make about £20,000 to meet today's daily requirement, and the £4,000 drop.

Without the much needed (and dare I say, long overdue) update from FD,
I can't see us meeting today's daily requirement, nevermind making up the drop as well.

Agreed Alien, the comments on the kickstarter forums are much mor positive now, the gripe is that Frontier don't seem to be doing much updating etc. There is goodwill for the game, but frustration that Frontier seems a bit amateurish at the social media stuff.

So, Frontier, pull everyone off other stuff and throw all you have into updates, campaigns, social media, advertising. This is the big chance to make the game you always wanted, not fluffy animals. Please call in all your favours, phone people with big wallets, throw everything into this!

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
FD have always kept their cards close to their chest.

This however is the time they should be drip feeding information, as Kickstarter is a totally different way of going to market than they are used to.

To keep the pledges coming in you need to keep the existing and potential pledgers involved and upto date.

Yep, there needs to be an update every couple of days minimum, and definitely at least one or two over a weekend. It doesnt have to be a lot, a simple teaser pic is enough, just to keep people interested. Remember that people can CANCEL their pledge at any point up to the cutoff, it's not like a proper pre-sale model. FD have to not only get people interested enough, they have to keep them. Surprising that the traffic on this forum isn't increasing. Might be an idea to put a link on KS, to help ensure that some sort of community forms, especially if this is the board that the design forums will be on.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom