Watch This Space

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people have been reassessing their pledges in light of the additional physical rewards available and switching what they spend their money on.

If the people wanting the physical rewards are re-assessing their pledges, then why is the total going down?

for example ... if you've decided that you will pledge say £100,
and then you want a mug and T-shirt, you think, "I'll lower my reward tier to £50, then I can have the mug & T shirt"
therefore, your amount does not change

Or example 2 ... you've decided to pledge £100 and want the mug & T shirt
so you keep your reward tier the same and increase the amount you pledge by £50.

Reducing how much you pledge so you can have the physical rewards makes no sense.

Not really, say someone pledged £750 at the start and have now got cold feet. They see the new rewards and think actually, I just want the T-shirt. They end up only pledging £100 instead.

Yes Jokester, but reducing the amount you actually pledge to afford the physical reward makes no sense.
In that case, you* were going to reduce your pledge amount anyway even if there were no physical add-ons

* = not you personally, but people in general

Yes Jokester, but reducing the amount you actually pledge to afford the physical reward makes no sense.
In that case, you* were going to reduce your pledge amount anyway even if there were no physical add-ons

* = not you personally, but people in general
Yes they would have ended up reducing their pledge anyway, but the trigger was the arrival of new rewards, hence why a lot of pledges were changed last night, some up, some down.

Yes, but reducing the amout you pledge because there are now add-ons is backwards thinking.
For example ...

"Oh look, add-ons for physical goodies. I'll reduce how much I pledge"
that makes no sense

"Oh look, add-ons, wow they are expensive, I'll reduce how much I pledge"
again makes no sense

"Oh look, add-ons, wow they look expensive, in fact I think they're too expensive and an insult. I'm going to reduce how much I pledge in protest"
this is the only one that makes any sense and even then it's someone who would have reduced their pledge anyway.

You're completely missing the point, someone pledges a bunch of cash at the start but now regrets it. They've got until January the 4th to cancel it, so they are in no hurry to do anything about it.

But yesterday they get an email saying there's new pledge rewards so they go and have a look and see something they want for less, or indeed nothing at all. They're now on the Kickstarter page and it takes no effort for them to reduce their pledge or even cancel it then and there.

Hence, money totals going down last night.

You're completely missing the point, someone pledges a bunch of cash at the start but now regrets it. They've got until January the 4th to cancel it, so they are in no hurry to do anything about it.

But yesterday they get an email saying there's new pledge rewards so they go and have a look and see something they want for less, or indeed nothing at all. They're now on the Kickstarter page and it takes no effort for them to reduce their pledge or even cancel it then and there.

Hence, money totals going down last night.
I think it is you missing the point, so one last attempt to explain it ...
Someone backs the game for £100 ...
"Here's £100 towards your game ... oh, wait a minute, I can have a mug and T shirt for £50? OK, I'm not going to give you £100, now I'm only going to give you £50, but I want the game and the mug & T shirt"

I'll say it one last time. Reducing the amount you pledge because there are now add-ons makes no sense.

If you still can't see how stupid it is to reduce the amount of money you pledge because there are now physical goodies, then I give up trying to explain it.

I think it is you missing the point, so one last attempt to explain it ...
Someone backs the game for £100 ...
"Here's £100 towards your game ... oh, wait a minute, I can have a mug and T shirt for £50? OK, I'm not going to give you £100, now I'm only going to give you £50, but I want the game and the mug & T shirt"

I'll say it one last time. Reducing the amount you pledge because there are now add-ons makes no sense.

If you still can't see how stupid it is to reduce the amount of money you pledge because there are now physical goodies, then I give up trying to explain it.
It's despite the physical goods!

People change their mind about stuff all the time, but whether they do something about is a different matter depending on the perceived effort to actually do something about it. The newsletter delivered people directly to the Kickstarter website so it made it as easy as it could be for people now unsure on how much they donated to cancel their donations or reduce them.

What would have been done in dribs and drabs between now and the closing date spiked purely because of the newsletter giving updated pledge rewards.

We'll see the same thing happening everytime there is a major update that doesn't convince those sitting on the fence that their pledge is right for them.

"48 Days To Go" started on £488,999
The daily target of £15,854 would mean the total target for today would have been £504,853
The total ended "48 Days To Go" at £494,346
The reason it ended so low is because just after the "48 Days To Go" started, the total dropped £3,000
This means the total fell short of the daily target by £10,507

the daily target was calculated by subtracting the day's starting amount from the total target
and dividing by the number of days left
Today that was 1,250,000 - 488,999 = 761,001 / 48 = 15,854

You are welcome to check my calculations

Yay we finally hit half a mil! :cool:

halfamil.jpg

Another £125,000 and we're officially half way there.

"47 Days To Go" started on £494,346
The daily target of £16,078 would mean the total target for today would have been £510,424
The total ended "47 Days To Go" at £503,510
This means the total fell short of the daily target by £6,914

the daily target was calculated by subtracting the day's starting amount from the total target
Today that was 1,250,000 - 494,346 = 755,654 / 47 = 16,078

The daily target of £16,078 would mean the total target for today would have been £510,424

It's all going too damn slowly for me. C'mon Frontier, pull your finger out and get some good stuff up there! We want this to storm over the line, not just barely make it....

Thanks for doing the maths Alien! I'm getting a little nervous we keep falling below the required target.
Do you have plan Frontier? Please tell me you do....

"46 Days To Go" started on £503,510
The daily target of £16,228 would mean the total target for today would have been £519,738
The total ended "46 Days To Go" at £511,958
The total is at 40.96% of the target
This means the total fell short of the daily target by £7,780

Today that was 1,250,000 - 503,510 = 746,490 / 46 = 16,228

and I go by the main KS page from 00:00 to 00:00 GMT

"45 Days To Go" started on £511,958
The daily target of £16,401 would mean the total target for today would have been £528,259
The total ended "45 Days To Go" at £525,809
The total is at 42.06% of the target
This means the total fell short of the daily target by £2,550

Today that was 1,250,000 - 511,958 = 738,042 / 45 = 16,401

and I go by the main KS page from 00:00 to 00:00 GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom