• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Watchdog in Planet Coaster

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Staff member
Hi everyone!

In our ongoing efforts to improve your game experience and to resolve issues you highlight to as quickly as possible, we will be introducing a new system into Planet Coaster with the 1.8 update known as 'Watchdog'.

Watchdog is designed to help identify and resolve issues where the game hangs. The game can hang when certain parts of the code will never update - the game waits for them and thus hangs. We believe an example of this occurs with the ‘Advanced Move bug’ so we have added Watchdog from Jurassic World Evolution to Planet Coaster in 1.8 to get more information. Watchdog will prompt you to crash when the game hangs for a certain amount of time. If you choose to do this, the game will generate crash report data which will help us investigate why the game was hanging and work on a solution. Please note that no personal data will be collected during this process; we only receive logs and hardware specs which are shared anonymously with Frontier.

If your game hangs after this update please wait at least 1 minute for the Watchdog prompt to 'crash' your game rather than closing it manually through Alt+F4 or Task Manager so that we can find out the cause of the issue through the generated crash reports.

Thank you for helping us improve Planet Coaster and for continuing to be an awesome community! As always if you experience issues on Planet Coaster please let us know in the Bug Report forums so we can look into them as soon as possible!

Hi everyone!

In our ongoing efforts to improve your game experience and to resolve issues you highlight to as quickly as possible, we will be introducing a new system into Planet Coaster with the 1.8 update known as 'Watchdog'.

Watchdog is designed to help identify and resolve issues where the game hangs. The game can hang when certain parts of the code will never update - the game waits for them and thus hangs. We believe an example of this occurs with the ‘Advanced Move bug’ so we have added Watchdog from Jurassic World Evolution to Planet Coaster in 1.8 to get more information. Watchdog will prompt you to crash when the game hangs for a certain amount of time. If you choose to do this, the game will generate crash report data which will help us investigate why the game was hanging and work on a solution. Please note that no personal data will be collected during this process; we only receive logs and hardware specs which are shared anonymously with Frontier.

If your game hangs after this update please wait at least 1 minute for the Watchdog prompt to 'crash' your game rather than closing it manually through Alt+F4 or Task Manager so that we can find out the cause of the issue through the generated crash reports.

Thank you for helping us improve Planet Coaster and for continuing to be an awesome community! As always if you experience issues on Planet Coaster please let us know in the Bug Report forums so we can look into them as soon as possible!
That seems like a neat new feature to solve bugs. Great job![wink]

Thank you so much! Anything that helps us along the road of getting that fixed is an amazing thing to me!

Question: If I have parks that routinely have the advanced move crash, would you benefit from me provoking these crashes frequently and dumping a bunch of data to you guys? Or should I just continue to have these parks retired until the fix comes?

<3

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
Thank you so much! Anything that helps us along the road of getting that fixed is an amazing thing to me!

Question: If I have parks that routinely have the advanced move crash, would you benefit from me provoking these crashes frequently and dumping a bunch of data to you guys? Or should I just continue to have these parks retired until the fix comes?

<3
Nope, that's exactly the crash/hang we want the data for, so please use Watchdog when it happens :)

PC hangs everytime I start it, but it works it out and makes it. Ever since loading the new updates today, it crashes immediately and I can't start it :mad:

I'm having the issue were watchdog will trigger, but the freezes are preventing me from getting to the watchdog prompt. Could we get some system where if we don't respond to the prompt in a certain amount of time, it will automatically crash the game?

Is there any news on a fix for the "Advanced move" crash? I have had it happen to me 5 times today already. Cannot build for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Top Bottom