Water Rides!

Here are my ideas...

river rapids:
- round station with water pump system
- spline based
- no gaps while surrounded by ground
- if possible: add components where we would like to have them (waterfalls, barrels, rocks, log-rapids)
- if possible: different physics per boat (pending on peep amount, passing obsatcles)

log flume:
- round stations
- metal channel while free space around it, concrete channel while in ground (no gaps)
- direction changing track (45° and 90° by turning and backwards/forwards out, 180° by sliding sidewards and backwards/forwards out)
- adjust speed in sections by water level

others:
- supersplash and watercoasters: allow in water (basin) rails as replacement for channels
- themed water rides wiith different boat types (e.g. round)
- cable guided boat rides in "open" water
- water battle ride

To add to the river rapids, I've always wanted the possibility to have the track go level to the ground (where the water is level to the ground) and the ground auto terraform to the track instead of the blocky ditches. Also the river rapids always seemed to lack in features likes geysers, water cannons, and so on. Lastly I expect all water rides to have a long lines, especially on hot days. That lacked in RCT3.

I agree, but RCT3 was pretty good for it's time period.

it was a great game! don't get me wrong.. I just hated the pathing system that you had to create to the rides or pools.. wish it just used a normal pathing system. and you really couldn't create a true "water park" per say.. since you had to always create the darn changing station to "let" people into the "water park" which should of already of been in the waterpark lol. then you had to create that cobblestone looking path around pools and everything else so guests could walk around. Sorry.. nothing against you Frontier just did not like that pathing system :(

To add to the river rapids, I've always wanted the possibility to have the track go level to the ground (where the water is level to the ground) and the ground auto terraform to the track instead of the blocky ditches. Also the river rapids always seemed to lack in features likes geysers, water cannons, and so on. Lastly I expect all water rides to have a long lines, especially on hot days. That lacked in RCT3.

That would be Water Ride . Yes please.

p.s. Developers: I am 100% OK if the water rides do not have 100% Realistic Water Physics/Dynamics etc.... I just want water rides please and thank you. :) :) :)

I believe if PC does water rides they are going to do it right the first time. And I believe they will have it pretty realistic looking as well if they do water rides, wish we could get a confirm on water rides, lol. [cry]

Last edited:
Really guys,look at that like developers and producers,this is 2015,almost all DLC are not free,so probably they would want to sell water rides after launch...They are selling even beta,that is saying all.
I wouldnt mind not having water rides at launch,but only if everything alse is working as it should be,and if we have all features that should be in game...

Really guys,look at that like developers and producers,this is 2015,almost all DLC are not free,so probably they would want to sell water rides after launch...They are selling even beta,that is saying all.
I wouldnt mind not having water rides at launch,but only if everything alse is working as it should be,and if we have all features that should be in game...

We will see! :) We don't have any word on water rides or really any rides at this point! :)

Frontier has been pretty good about DLC and Expansions thus far.

the only real game I've seen with DLC (that isn't even required) was Elite Dangerous.. and it's either new ships or new colors/paint jobs for ships.

However they have made a bunch of expansions for games and All of them have been more than worth the purchase price.. for numerous reasons.. Frontier and the devs don't ridiculously charge for the expansion. I think the highest I seen was 20 bucks brand new.. and generally there full of content. I can't remember a single instance of Frontier not having a expansion that didn't meet my standards for content.

No way !!!

Wait ? Are we talking about the same thing ? Water rides = "Log flume" or "River Rapids" for exemple right ? And not "Slide" like in "RCT3 Soaked" ? If yes, I am absolutely sure they will not forget this.

I just hope-to-god that they add water rides in this game. The "Get "Soaked" expansion was easily the best expansion ever made for the RCT series which added so much gameplay I just simply cannot imagine, I cannot even THINK about these types of games without having some sort of water rides in them. They GOTTA add them surely? While I am not expecting anything as grand as a pool (but god i hope we get it) but I do expect log flumes, river rapids and small boat rides though. You just got to, and with all these cute and absolutely awesome animations that are a book out of a Pixar movie, can you imagine how the guests would act like when they literately, "Get Soaked?" :D

I just hope-to-god that they add water rides in this game. The "Get "Soaked" expansion was easily the best expansion ever made for the RCT series which added so much gameplay I just simply cannot imagine, I cannot even THINK about these types of games without having some sort of water rides in them. They GOTTA add them surely? While I am not expecting anything as grand as a pool (but god i hope we get it) but I do expect log flumes, river rapids and small boat rides though. You just got to, and with all these cute and absolutely awesome animations that are a book out of a Pixar movie, can you imagine how the guests would act like when they literately, "Get Soaked?" :D

[up][up][up]

Of course, water rides are a MUST. As a child I was feared to ride with rollercoasters, but I loved log-flumes and rapid-river rides (and I still love them). Every theme park has them, so it must be implemented in the game! [yesnod]

Last edited:
Guys ! It's impossible they forget log-flumes and rapid-river rides.
Just impossible !

This would be like forgetting the big wheel, or something like that.

If we get the open / closed day cycle and the "set up the day before the park opens" feature that was requested, the only main thing I'd love to see is for the rapids and flumes to drain when they are closed and have to refill when they are getting ready... Like you see in a real park at the end of the day..

Top Bottom