Roller Coasters WDS - Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith

wwY8UaK.jpg

Update!

It has been a long time, but i'm finally back with a new update, including custom supports in the show area and a new lightshow, which will be the final and main lightshow of the ride (I know, no purple lightshow!)

iZsIH1q.jpg

oP9uxri.jpg

48ta6xr.jpg

4Im9j8u.jpg

lz376ku.jpg

GGuypuW.jpg

qOuxFPd.jpg

Red Lightshow Test:

[video=youtube;NVsa_kDJLgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVsa_kDJLgk&t=0s[/video]

Last edited:
Amazing work man! The lighting looks so natural and really completes the realistic look for the environment. Must be a lot of fun doing this :)

Coming to the Steam Workshop on november 30!

[video=youtube;b_O_ilQyORE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_O_ilQyORE[/video]

wwY8UaK.jpg

UPDATE!

A quick word,

Last week's been a week of very, very hard work (Visiting the Ride itself :p)
Getting serious now, I have to cancel the Workshop launch at 30 november, but no worries, there's a reason for it!
I've decided to rebuild large areas of the ride, as I STILL wasn't totally satisfied, also because I'm certain some parts aren't 100% equal to the real ride.
So, the bad news, the Workshop launch is getting delayed to the end of this year OR somewhere in january.
The good news: It will be feeling WAY more like our beloved Rock 'n' Rollercoaster!

Without any further ado, Here are some BEFORE and AFTER photos!

Studio Lobby

BEFORE:
nUSEJmw.jpg

AFTER
20181120150508_1.jpg

20181120150055_1.jpg

Boarding Station

BEFORE:
rFoLi3H.jpg

AFTER
20181120201804_1.jpg

20181120201813_1.jpg

Recording Studio

BEFORE:
t5ikB5h.jpg

AFTER
20181121203033_1.jpg

20181120150327_1.jpg

20181121203058_1.jpg

Area before preshow

20181120150344_1.jpg

20181119143033_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering, which R&RC is this? I don't know that much about the Paris version, and that is what the exterior looks like, but the inside looks about spot on when it comes to the America one, which I've been to fairly recently.

Hi GladiatorDragon!

This is the Paris version. some parts of the ride are similar, but definitely not the same, as the themes of the two rides are a little different.

If you'd like to compare them, here's a link to the walkthrough of the Paris' Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (NOT MY VIDEO!)
https://youtu.be/H-H9XlRzoL0

wwY8UaK.jpg

UPDATE

The area around the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is making shape!
I've decided to add some of the surrounding buildings such as the Blockbuster Café, Armageddon: Les Effets Spéciaux and the Moteurs Action Stunt Show entrance.

aUzkVEH.jpg

Uesr9QN.jpg

eyqhYDi.jpg

eNzgjWM.jpg

cGIvrgn.jpg

IKMmG0u.jpg

Thanks for clarification! I know that there were differences, but I've actually never actually realized how similar both were. I guess the only main difference is the decorations on the ride itself, Paris uses timed lighting effects, and Hollywood Studios uses road signs and the donut. Other than that, and the names of the studios (Tour de Force Records in France, and G-Force Records in Florida), and the 3 dimensional guitar at FL on the exterior, they're almost the same, and I'll bet that when R&RC is rethemed over there, most of the decorations over there will be sent to us.

wwY8UaK.jpg

UPDATE!

The first onride of the new and improved ''V3 Lightshow'' is here!

[video=youtube;muUlm3xSszY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUlm3xSszY[/video]

I love this ride in real life, and your version of it is great. I like the use of stage/concert lights instead of the huge 2D cutouts (is this how the ride is in Europe?). Very nice.

sTE6VN9.jpg

Update time!

I love this ride in real life, and your version of it is great. I like the use of stage/concert lights instead of the huge 2D cutouts (is this how the ride is in Europe?). Very nice.

Yep, this is the Paris' version of the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scaffolding part next to the launch section has been changed

ZQImC7B.jpg

Next to this, the launch sequence has been renewed and some spotlights have been added and adjusted.

[video=youtube;7MVJiicBtas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MVJiicBtas&t[/video]

sTE6VN9.jpg

Update time!

The unloading station has been updated and retouched!

GMa7KEk.jpg

TKDZy1f.jpg

The final brake section has also been retouched!

9A0UKPr.jpg

Next to this, safety lines have been added to the "Gravity Building" to lead evacuated guests to the nearest emergency exit

r62Ou7T.jpg

UZW3oZ6.jpg

E6zBU1l.jpg

Dear Rockers,

After working almost a year on this project and keep improving the coaster time after time, i'm very happy
to finally announce that the completion of this project is in near sight!
This means that the Steam Workshop release might be there around the end of march.
A final release date will be announced before the end of februari.

So, what is going to happen now?

The last thing that needs to happen is the completion of the "backlot" area, and some last tweaks on the show building.

So, what still needs to happen?

• Completion of Backlot area
  • Gravity building (coaster area) realism additions
  • Entrance billboard changes (Rock 'n' Rollercoaster sign

And to everyone following the project, thank you so much for all your comments, help and patience!

Here are some photos of the current work :)

9FkzUx4.jpg

Jm3r0aX.jpg

rzRiLlw.jpg

aaRrgmc.jpg

2ZHwXQw.jpg

GR90RW9.jpg

Top Bottom