we don't want more nerfs in mining !!!!

Why should a Fleet Carrier only cost 1-2bn? My Corvette cost 1.1bn and it's nothing in comparison to a Fleet Carrier, either size-wise or facilities.
Your fully-A-Rate Corvette. Let's not forget an A-Rated python costs more than a base-corvette, so are you suggesting the base-level Corvette should actually cost 1 billion, and an A-Rate version of your corvette costs 5 billion?

But an FC is just a glorified ship hauler with some anecdotal nice-to-have features; I can do way more with an Asp explorer or an A-Rate corvette than an FC ever could.

Market? Psh. Economy is screwed anyway.
Shipyard and outfitting? For what? Explorers have been out with enduring fits requiring no refitting mid-journey for ages. It's just a crutch for bad planning, and anywhere else is near facilities with outfitting.
Moving your ships around? Sheesh, that's a long time before you see an ROI on that one.
"Secure" trading? Smuggling's still busted.
Universal Cartographics in the black? See Shipyards.

And the forum has been no end of whining since FC's have been released, so much so we've got virtually no upkeep or jump cooldown now, and people demand "free tritium"... I wish I could just get free credits. Right now FD can't even do the simplest of fixes to make smuggling turn an actual profit. But it's all good, we have FCs! Yeah!

There's some very niche use cases for FCs, none of which justify a 5b pricetag. I've seen some people say "Oh, but my mining is made so much more efficient with my FC 1Mm away!"... yay... you mined 5b credits so you can... mine more. Bully for you.

It's just a textbook case of too many dollars, not enough sense. It's a glorified hauler, nothing more, and should be priced as such.

I agree with a lot of the points you've made actually but still feel the price is either reasonable or cheap.

They should be, however, affordable. And there should be multiple ways to make over 100m per hour, especially in the larger vessels. The main one being mining.

And that's not the case.

stop, stop now FDVs we want to have fun in the game we don't have to be slaves to get money, LTD destroyed, wave nerfed instead of nerfing concentrate on making the game more fun and with tools that really work !!

not even engineering has mining weapons, and the pulse wave lasts so little that using a free camera is already dissolved ... so many things fail in the game and you want to nerf
please we love the elite and we want to play it
I've got an idea - make all nerfs Solo and PG only!

Mining was great, I earned as much credits in 1 week as I did 3 years playing.

At least Robigo smuggling (I think it was Robigo) had an element of risk to it, carrying illegal goods through 15 or so jumps getting interdicted on the way, everyone did that and it even paid less, and look longer. FDev nerved that too.

If you want to make serious money in this space game, you effectively play a point and click simulator to see if you get a fat blue 'low temp diamonds'. Zero skill required.

Mining was nuts. It was like paying the slots and hitting the jackpot with every spin. Some people will like that. I just figure it's no achievement.
Fair point, and I like a bit of challenge too. I like the idea of prospecting (for minable asteroids) to be a bit challenging, engage me in the search. However, I do not like the fact the Pulse Wave Scanner (PWS) is now screwed up and makes the challenge of finding good minable asteroids into an irritating endeavor.

Fair point, and I like a bit of challenge too. I like the idea of prospecting (for minable asteroids) to be a bit challenging, engage me in the search. However, I do not like the fact the Pulse Wave Scanner (PWS) is now screwed up and makes the challenge of finding good minable asteroids into an irritating endeavor.
Totally agree,

I don't mind the nerf...it's just coming up with nothing after hours of gameplay that's making me not want to mine at all.

Why not give me "some" at lower quantities...their boneheads just cut the tap off...it sucks. There's buyers remorse then there's player remorse of which I feel after 200 limpets and 3 splits?

I don't mind the nerf...it's just coming up with nothing after hours of gameplay that's making me not want to mine at all.
There may be a nerf, and I don't have a big problem with that either, the Pulse Scanner seems a bit "not right" though. Rare materials is one thing, not having the working tools to sniff them out though, is a bit of another. Is it laggy?

How much you want to bet that all the people that say they "Don't mind the NERF(s)", have already purchased everything they want or need and have billions in the bank FROM the NERFed exploits? Just sayin'. If I had just stated this game, I'd be asking for a refund! I DO have just about everything I want, a bit of stashed dough in the bank and still ed they have to NERF things, mess up game play mechanics like the PWS, etc. This is one of the most incompetent development teams I've ever encountered in any game I've played, which would be hundreds to maybe even thousands. They are VERY competent in either NERFing stuff or just outright breaking things though. It's almost like I am playing someone's programming thesis project sometimes!

How much you want to bet that all the people that say they "Don't mind the NERF(s)", have already purchased everything they want or need and have billions in the bank FROM the NERFed exploits? Just sayin'. If I had just stated this game, I'd be asking for a refund! I DO have just about everything I want, a bit of stashed dough in the bank and still ed they have to NERF things, mess up game play mechanics like the PWS, etc. This is one of the most incompetent development teams I've ever encountered in any game I've played, which would be hundreds to maybe even thousands. They are VERY competent in either NERFing stuff or just outright breaking things though. It's almost like I am playing someone's programming thesis project sometimes!
Solid point. I myself - while I'm not a ED Billionaire, do have four highly "tricked out" ships, including The Blind Squirrel, my mining Anaconda. And I've got about 180 million credits in the virtual bank. If I were just starting out, and in addition to learning not to play in Solo mode for a long while due to "those needing to find a mental health counselor," I'd be very frustrated. The game "label" on the PWS advertises it works one way, but now behaves in a wonky fashion. In my opinion, if you want people to eat less apples - then raise the trees a bit so they have to climb. Don't knee-cap 'em with a hammer.

How much you want to bet that all the people that say they "Don't mind the NERF(s)", have already purchased everything they want or need and have billions in the bank FROM the NERFed exploits? Just sayin'.
Genuinely don't fall into that category myself, about 2 bill from a carrier. Doesn't mean I think the pulse scanner is working right but a mixed haul, consisting something like 80% target mineral, 20% lucky dip is to my mind more engaging than pure farming. Purity is what refineries are for and I'm a mining ship, not a refinery.

There may be a nerf, and I don't have a big problem with that either, the Pulse Scanner seems a bit "not right" though. Rare materials is one thing, not having the working tools to sniff them out though, is a bit of another. Is it laggy?
A lot of false positives. Those that look legit to prospect yield b.s. in the hotspots no less.
The feeling wasted time never felt so real.

we don't have to be slaves to get money
If you are worried about the most profitable activity in game becoming slightly less profitable, i would argue that you already are a slave to money.

What's your problem? You another Cutter or Corvette? How many billions do you have already?

How much you want to bet that all the people that say they "Don't mind the NERF(s)", have already purchased everything they want or need and have billions in the bank FROM the NERFed exploits?
Never mined, never used an exploit, still got a FC and 1.2b in bank, that's from years of exploring. Really base earnings should be roughly the same for each profession, if exploration base earnings were the same as mining I would probably be a trillionaire, but that would be silly, so mining earnings need to be reduced to bring them somewhere in line with the other professions.

Never mined, never used an exploit, still got a FC and 1.2b in bank, that's from years of exploring. Really base earnings should be roughly the same for each profession, if exploration base earnings were the same as mining I would probably be a trillionaire, but that would be silly, so mining earnings need to be reduced to bring them somewhere in line with the other professions.
I am not even really talking "exploits", like the backup trick to reset the asteroid field, that's just bad programming, and we're talking FDEV here, so... I guess what you're saying is that there were SO MANY VO Cores, just everywhere lying around, that they had to "break" the PWS and lower the count of Cores, because somewhere, someone, decided, arbitrarily I guess, that people were making too much money mining VO Cores, that it? Even when the PWS was working fine, it still took me, even WITH the little backup "exploit", several hours to mine an asteroid. I mean, come on, that was tedious time consuming work for 128 VOs. I hear these people talk about "Make $100,000,000,000 in 1 hour!". Ah, where, how? That's crazy. There's nothing in this game that pays as much as mining and mining is a boring grind that takes hours. Maybe there's some guys, and gals, that laser mine and have it down to an art, large cargo ship, know exactly where to go, where to sell, have it down to a science, but that's not me... I just find a VO HotSpot and hope I can find a few. I am not trying to be greedy or exploit anything, just a shot at a decent paycheck for my work, and it's work.

I mean of course you want everything for free, don't you.

Look at me, this game is way too grindy. I had to sit through a whole 3 hours of gameplay to unlock the most expensive ship in the game!

Absolutely not in my case. My argument continues that mining is a total outlier, and makes no market sense when you compare something like methane clathrates against painite.
Methane clathrates: Rarer, higher demand, no more than a thousand or so credits/t
Painit: More common, lower demand, hundreds of thousands of credits/t

It's brain-dead logic.

Thing is, all the stuff that got nerfed still never came close to the income mining can, and still does, pull in.

While I'll wholeheartedly agree that the bug with the PWS needs fixing, i couldn't care less about it when activities like smuggling fail to turn a profit, period, due to bugs.

Absolutely not in my case. My argument continues that mining is a total outlier, and makes no market sense when you compare something like methane clathrates against painite.
Methane clathrates: Rarer, higher demand, no more than a thousand or so credits/t
Painit: More common, lower demand, hundreds of thousands of credits/t

It's brain-dead logic.

Thing is, all the stuff that got nerfed still never came close to the income mining can, and still does, pull in.

While I'll wholeheartedly agree that the bug with the PWS needs fixing, i couldn't care less about it when activities like smuggling fail to turn a profit, period, due to bugs.
The oddest thing to me is that VOs are used for nothing. Highest paying item in the game and they serve no purpose. Like, should not Tritium be worth the most per ton? It serves a purpose, a need. Odd.

Top Bottom