We need an imperial gunship. Especially now that Thargoids are confirmed as returning.

"Imperial Caravel"

I've been asking for an Imperial Caravel for ages, as an Imperial medium ship with similar stats to an AspX, armed with either 4 mediums or 2 mediums and a single large, and capable of launching SLFs.
Ideally would have retractable nacelles like the old-school clipper. In fact the most recent post I made on this topic reimagined the legacy Imperial Courier.

If a medium-sized Imperial ship were added between Clipper and Courier, there'd be no need to add anything more to the Imp line-up. Sure the FAS and FGS make for (arguably) better dedicated combat ships, the Imperial ships were always made to be more multi-role.

No more rank-locked ships please...Imperial, Alliance, or Federal.

Alliance ships would be great to see. I'd love a Saker design that sits between Eagle and Courier in performance, with a sleek "5th gen fighter-jet" aesthetic*. Should not be rank-locked though, at most sold at exclusive stations.

* I am one of the few that never imagined the Alliance as cobbled together junker ships, instead seeing Alliance ships as curvy and high-tech. Refer Saker, Merlin, Turner class.

I've been asking for an Imperial Caravel for ages, as an Imperial medium ship with similar stats to an AspX, armed with either 4 mediums or 2 mediums and a single large, and capable of launching SLFs.
Ideally would have retractable nacelles like the old-school clipper. In fact the most recent post I made on this topic reimagined the legacy Imperial Courier.

That is no small wishlist for a ship

That'd be kind of cool, but I'd still prefer an offering from the alliance.

Amen to the Alliance getting ships of their own, give them a damned navy too, they are a superpower after all...

I think that's coming. I remember something that was in Galnet a few months ago, stating that Lakon had signed some kind of deal with the Alliance to be the "official" ship builder for them. It was around the same time they decided to put another station in the California Nebula. I think that article stated Lakon already had plans on the drawing board for a few new models. I'm betting the "military version" of the Asp will come to fruition here. (hope it has better shields than the civilian Asp X) How FD "actually" feels about this, or approaches it, is another matter entirely.

I have all of the big 3, but in combat, nothing comes close to my Vette in its current configuration, it is a sheer joy to fly. I would love the Cutter to have better pitch and turn rates as my Vette bests all Cutters in PvE mode, and everything else for that matter. :D

CMIV

And this says the man who's INARA pilots license clearly states his ship is a Federal Corvette named Damocles.... :S

Yeah, that's a limit I impose on myself. No two same ships in my fleet, ever. And that means the Cutter is set up as trader, so I have to use the Vette for battle.

Hey, my favourite ship gap!

I would hate to see it filled by a Clipper variant though. Or being far too close to the Gunship.

Still all for using the Hunter design. And making it mechanically somewhat of a Vulture-Keelback mix, filling in all the things we are currently missing:

a medium imperial ship (why do you want another large one?)
a second fighter carrying imperial ship
a fighter carrier that is not a brick
a multi crew fighter carrier with a small frame (the two seats that the Keelback missed out on)
an imperial canopy with good all around view

latest

Last edited:
The idea of an Imperial Gunship is an oxymoron.

The whole Imperial ship design philosophy is to look good while running away.

When the Thargoids invade,
The Alliance will band together and unite,
The Federation will stand and fight,
And the Empire will bravely run away.

Throughout history, many cultures and philosophies change. As are Imperial CMDRs'. Lock & Load and watch and die.

CMIV

What we basicly need is an upgraded version of the Clipper, with a more military focused loudout and better shields and hardpoint placement, sacrificing some of its utilitiy. I.e. replace the Clss 7 Slot with a Class 6, but buff the shield mutliplier and hullstrenght and add another pair of medium slots alongside the front hull with narrow convergence. Maybee place them the same way as the Class 3 Slots on the Cutter above the main body of the ship.

Hey, my favourite ship gap!

I would hate to see it filled by a Clipper variant though. Or being far too close to the Gunship.

Still all for using the Hunter design. And making it mechanically somewhat of a Vulture-Keelback mix, filling in all the things we are currently missing:

a medium imperial ship (why do you want another large one?)
a second fighter carrying imperial ship
a fighter carrier that is not a brick
a multi crew fighter carrier with a small frame (the two seats that the Keelback missed out on)
an imperial canopy with good all around view

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...2868max.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141029105631

I'll have two thankyouverymuch and could they be delivered too my hangar like...yesterday?

This thread is pointless.

There is nothing wrong with the current Federal Gunship. Buy a white paintpack if it really helps with your "immurshun".
It's like asking for a Federal Clipper or an Imperial Corvette because you're too lazy or unwilling to grind out the existing in-game ship for whatever reason.

I'm always up for having more ships.

But I'd rather see new, different ships, not more clones of already existing ones.

The absence of combat focused imperial ships is indeed weird. The empire has the same military needs as the federation, it should have ships fulfilling roughly the same roles.

This thread is pointless.

There is nothing wrong with the current Federal Gunship. Buy a white paintpack if it really helps with your "immurshun".
It's like asking for a Federal Clipper or an Imperial Corvette because you're too lazy or unwilling to grind out the existing in-game ship for whatever reason.

Dude - I've got top ranks in both navies, am triple elite and have flown every single ship FD have made available, of which I have kept 23 and discarded a few that I didnt like for example the T7. Its not about laziness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom