We need Asian Carnivores

I know we have Velociraptor in the game, but in a way it is really a Jurassic Park legacy dinosaur rather than a representation of a species that was found in Mongolia. It is fun to make islands and exhibits on a particular theme, in this case, the dinosaurs of Asia. What would be nice would be to have an Asian carnivore, a super predator, namely Tarbosaurus Bataar. Or a Yutyrannus, Sinraptor, Guanlong. The point is, whatever species Frontier could make, this would be good for the game. Tabosaurus does have a figure, I'm not sure how much this impacts the inclusion of new dinosaurs in the game, but if it does, I do like the design and color.

Yes I agree TARBOSAURUS should be added in and it should look like this toy which is very similar to the Troodon from Jurassic Park the game. however I suggest you change the name of this post so no one will report it and put it into the wish list section

Last edited:
Yes I agree.... I mean doesn't it seem odd we have so so many large carnivores in the game now, but none are Asian in origin when we have so many herbivores to choose from? Adding something like Tarbosaurus would be a good way to address this..... or even Yangchuanosaurus with it being an actual Jurassic period dino.

Someone said that Tarbosaurus is basically T-rex. Am I right or wrong?

But yeah, some Oriental carnivores would be nice to be added, although most of them I believe had feathers, which begs the question on how do you make animals like Yutyrannus fit in the JW lore?

But yeah, some Oriental carnivores would be nice to be added, although most of them I believe had feathers, which begs the question on how do you make animals like Yutyrannus fit in the JW lore?
Tarbosaurus might appear in Camp Cretaceous when it comes out next year on Netflix, also I like the look of the Tarbosaurus in this toy figure, it kind of resembles the Troodon from Jurassic Park the game plus it gives it a different look then the T-Rex maybe it'll even have the same colors as the buck T-Rex from The Lost World Taiga or jungle or even wetland. Maybe Yutyrannis but to keep with the Canon they might have to make it featherless.

Scientifically speaking, Tarbosaurus is part of the tyrannousidae family (like Albertosaurus) so it's kind of a cousin to it, slightly smaller in size compared with the Rex though. At the time it still would have ave been the dominant apex-predator in what we now call Asia. So yes, I'd say you're pretty much right :)

Sinraptor and Guanlong are good choices

I’d prefer Zhuchengtyrannus over Tarbosaurus personally. Though if we are taking Asian tyrannosaurs I think Alioramus, Sinotyrannus, and Qianzhousaurus are better roster diversity picks. I’d say Yutyrannus, but it doesn’t really work for the JP lore, and I think the fine feather dynamic texture would be a drain on the game engine.

There are lots of interesting Asian carnivores really, it would be cool if we got some more roster depth from there.

Yangchuanosaurus, Shaochilong, Monolophosaurus, Achillobatar, Sinocalliopteryx, Gasosaurus, Ichthyovenator, etc are all really interesting carnivores

Last edited:
Well according to my slightly out of date database, Tarbosaurus is the most requested Asian carnivore (though if you really want to put Oviraptor in that group, it has almost double the support of Tarbosaurus).

That said it's not exactly the most distinct from Tyrannosaurus, so I'd imagine they'd probably exaggerate the snout length and possibly even give it a bumpy snout like Alioramus.
I'd also say it's likely they'd do other stuff that can't really be predicted.

Oviraptor would be really great in general aince it would be a completly new kind of dinosaur :) same for terizinosaurus..but back to topic ! I always do themed parks like a huge jurassic paddock then morrison formation / us dinos , south american and one of my favourite paddocks is always the asian herbivores with mamenchiasaurus as a highlight:) asian predators are needed ! Would love to place theyr padocks near the asian herbivores or even let them loose on them :D great topic!

In terms of Asian Carnivores - Tarbosaurus/Zhuchangtyrannus is basically a slightly smaller T.rex type tyrannosaur.

So here is my top 3 picks

Carnivorous Theropods
  • Alioramus/Qianzhousaurus
  • Yangchuanosaurus/Sinoraptor
  • Yutyrannus

Herbivorous Theropods
  • Therizinosaurus
  • Deinocherius
  • Gigantoraptor

I'd really like Qianzhousaurus given its uniqueness. Yanchuangosaurus woould also be appreciated given it would add another Jurassic animal!

Top Bottom