We need more Tritium hotspot outside bubble

FD gives people more gameplay time and they are unhappy about it . . . people are so entitled. The snowflakes just want everything now now now! 🤦‍♂️

o7

FD gives people more gameplay time and they are unhappy about it . . . people are so entitled. The snowflakes just want everything now now now! 🤦‍♂️

o7
Yeah ok, gives more gameplay time ? No more like unable to think proper process's through due to not understanding the "gameplay" . But your opinion is noted and we thank you for your valuable input 🦄

Last edited:
Now you're entitled to game development just because you purchased the game?!? 🤦‍♂️

o7
Your missing the point, there is no option in this discussion thst doesnt involve playing the game.

Fdev isnt giving anyone anything. This isnt a mobile game with Action Points, I can play however long I want. The only way that works if if I, for whatever reason, stop playing the game everytime I get tritium.

If you think that the OP's idea is bad fair enough(I dont much care for it) but this isnt the arguement against it.

Now you're entitled to game development just because you purchased the game?!? 🤦‍♂️

o7
Do I really need to announce sarcasm? Come on guys. ;)
Regardless, it's serious to some people. While I might be wasting my time, to those people, I say that all developers should listen to feedback. They of course have the right to develop the game how they like, but, community engagement is a big part to making a successful game, as it keeps your players, well, engaged. To simply not listen is asking for apathetic customers who will simply leave. Not a great business plan.

It's another failure of fdev not understanding what people use FC for .
We don't want an unlimited supply but if you are outside the bubble ( or in Colonia) and you need fuel you have to mine and since they nerfed drops for painite rather than set a price . It's knackered the whole system for FC .
So more trituim , ability to refuel remotely and multi jump plotting . I don't mind the time it takes but to do any major jumping you have to be on every 20 mins !!! People sitting on Xbox all day replotting and jumping . Seriously what a joke
Tritium spots need to be set to be uncommon to rare but the drop rates IN the hotspots to very high. The idea that looking for the hotspot should be a time investment, then once found you have a "gas station" and can go in and fill your cargo in a decent to fast time.

Doing this, people will of course create a hotspot map, which in turn will construct a network, routes and so forth. and distances will be considered in terms of where the known hotspots are. So going off the main routes will be seen as "being in the wilds" while being near or on the routes is seen as "on the highway."

Obviously discovering a hotspot, not on the map presents the player with a unique opportunity, they could use it for themselves or their player alliance, thus providing a strategic point. Or trade the location for credits OR decide strengthen the network as a whole and just add it to the map.

The more hotspots that are discovered and mapped, the stronger the network as a whole.

Tritium spots need to be set to be uncommon to rare but the drop rates IN the hotspots to very high. The idea that looking for the hotspot should be a time investment, then once found you have a "gas station" and can go in and fill your cargo in a decent to fast time.

Doing this, people will of course create a hotspot map, which in turn will construct a network, routes and so forth. and distances will be considered in terms of where the known hotspots are. So going off the main routes will be seen as "being in the wilds" while being near or on the routes is seen as "on the highway."

Obviously discovering a hotspot, not on the map presents the player with a unique opportunity, they could use it for themselves or their player alliance, thus providing a strategic point. Or trade the location for credits OR decide strengthen the network as a whole and just add it to the map.

The more hotspots that are discovered and mapped, the stronger the network as a whole.
That still doesn't solve the problem of what if I don't want to mine. If the Devs want special places with not enough supply, fine, make them. But some places outside the bubble should have enough supply, like Colonia. Not only does it create another way to get Tritium outside the bubble other than mining, it also would incentivize Fdev to make as many new colonies as possible, giving people more reasons to get out of the bubble.

That still doesn't solve the problem of what if I don't want to mine. If the Devs want special places with not enough supply, fine, make them. But some places outside the bubble should have enough supply, like Colonia. Not only does it create another way to get Tritium outside the bubble other than mining, it also would incentivize Fdev to make as many new colonies as possible, giving people more reasons to get out of the bubble.
Sure it would, with high yield but low occurring hot spots, the price would naturally tank, but you would always find some people who would set up shop around these areas which you could buy from. Think, gas station attendents, they would be littered around these hot spots like circled wagons, and even fueling players would allow you to buy at least some of their resources. Also when I say high yield, I mean VERY high yield, the kind of yield where you could fill your carrier with the stuff in a few hours instead of just filling your tank in 8 or more hours. Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen, it honestly should be worthless as it's very plentiful in the universe, harvestable from the coronas of stars or atmospheres of gas giants.

The problem overall is Fdev structured Tritium like every other commodity, they didn't think to realize that Trit is a unique commodity in that it's actually consumed by the players instead of just sold, in fact a given unit of tritium could enter into the game and exit without ever touching a market, and thus effecting the economy. Tritium is brought into the game through player mining or NPC markets and taken out again by selling it or consuming it as fuel. No other commodity does this. And sadly the reason why Fdev doesn't think like this is that they don't have any kind of crafting system in this game. Because then they would have to have considered the actual consumption of raw materials as part of the game loop not just the selling of them.

Top Bottom