We will be able to buy early access, after early access release?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This was already discussed, but I thought I should create this topic here for a developer to see this and give us the info.

More than likely, Yes. But I am not a Developer, nor do I work for Frontier. I would still wait for an official confirmation, but I do believe that You can still buy the Early Bird (Possibly until about a month or two before the public release in Q4 2016.

There is confirmation in the "$80...wow" thread a few below this, look in there, it was said that early bird will become un available closer to the games full release, so yes it will be available after launch of early bird.

There is confirmation in the "$80...wow" thread a few below this, look in there, it was said that early bird will become un available closer to the games full release, so yes it will be available after launch of early bird.

Just speculation.

I would also very much like this to be confirmed!

I can't buy the early access right at this point but I may be able to do it in 2 months when its already in progress.

Will Early Access stay open untill the game is released? I really hope so.

It was either Brett or Zac that said it. Not sure where I saw it, but he did say that early bird would not be available closer to the launch of the game.

Find it, link it. Better yet, explain how that would happen. You get the most loyal fans hooked in, playing, building, and then... Switch them off for a month? Makes no sense, and would create a massive storm of angry protest publicity just before the game releases. Makes no sense.

I meant available to purchase. I'll go find the post.

EDIT: Here it is:

As it stands right now, the base game is 19.99GBP/29.99USD/26.99EUR. We have not announced our plans on how we will market/sell future Planet Coaster updates, any expansions, any DLC, what-so-be-it as of yet. [happy]

The sales of Coaster Head Access and Early Bird Access will change/be-removed closer to the release of Planet Coaster.

Early access is the pre-release versions of the game for Early Bird customers to play, which will also include the final game upon release of Planet Coaster. Which is why that tier has the uptick in cost.

The image that PSPfreaky post is still up-to-date (made by the community![up])

Last edited:
Find it, link it. Better yet, explain how that would happen. You get the most loyal fans hooked in, playing, building, and then... Switch them off for a month? Makes no sense, and would create a massive storm of angry protest publicity just before the game releases. Makes no sense.

No..you will be able to play it from the first day of early release until the end of time.

So we will be able to still buy the early access game after its launched but it will be slightly more expensive? How much exactly?

If early access cost more after release, that would be a bigger rip off.

Sorry I thought that was what people said in this thread

So it will stay the same price?

But will we be able to buy Early Acces 2 months from now or will we have to buy it now because otherwise we cannot play it anymore untill full release?

Last edited:
October 23, 2015 at 10:53am
Remove
Planet Coaster Early Bird Edition owners are able to upgrade to Coaster Head, but not the other way around currently. We are looking into the possibilities of doing this in future to make this convenient for Coaster Head folks. We hope to have some news for you soon.

========================================
We’re thrilled to announce that players who own Planet Coaster: Early Bird Edition will be able to get their hands on the game from March 2016, and help shape the development of the game.
Also existing Beta players will be upgraded to Alpha and Early Bird Access free of charge! Will you join us for the ride?
=====================================================

Remember that the Early Bird Edition of Planet Coaster will give you access to the Alpha test in March 2016 and other following test phases.
====================================================

I think the last one says it all.

Last edited:
October 23, 2015 at 10:53amhttps://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn....=fb3ca5db412113b13819e7f3f2627643&oe=5762EDFB
Remove
Planet Coaster Early Bird Edition owners are able to upgrade to Coaster Head, but not the other way around currently. We are looking into the possibilities of doing this in future to make this convenient for Coaster Head folks. We hope to have some news for you soon.

========================================
We’re thrilled to announce that players who own Planet Coaster: Early Bird Edition will be able to get their hands on the game from March 2016, and help shape the development of the game.
Also existing Beta players will be upgraded to Alpha and Early Bird Access free of charge! Will you join us for the ride?
=====================================================

Remember that the Early Bird Edition of Planet Coaster will give you access to the Alpha test in March 2016 and other following test phases.
====================================================

I think the last one says it all.
Oh so it will be like RCTW in terms of testing? I thought the early bird ticket gave you access to the game untill the release, but you will only be able to play it in March and then on another time?

Sorry if im being dumb here but its alll so confusing lol

Oh so it will be like RCTW in terms of testing? I thought the early bird ticket gave you access to the game untill the release, but you will only be able to play it in March and then on another time?

Sorry if im being dumb here but its alll so confusing lol

The Early Bird gives you access to the game, right up to the final release. It will be updated as time goes on, so you won't need to buy the final release, because you already own the game with the Early Bird, it just means that the game is still being developed, so won't be complete until the final release, but you will be able to play it all the time. Forget RCTW, they just released a Beta, where you could only play it for a weekend. With Planet Coaster Early Release (Early Bird) you will be able to play it for as long as you want, and get updates as they are made available.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom