General "Weapon Red dot sights" or "Aiming is the issue"

I wholeheartedly agree, the sights are hardly usable sometimes. Besides, it's such a ridiculous idea that in order to improve\install a scope\sight on your weapon you need to go through the trouble of unlocking specific engineers... like, aren't they supposed to be commercially available? Don't superpowers use basic millitary tech like this in large quantities?
I think we should be able to change/adjust/install scopes without this artificial overcomplication.
why the folks that love long travel times aren't complaining engineers are unrealistic is beyond me.

The entire engineering setup is bizarre when the galaxy has trillions of humans and one person would not be able to keep their "secret mod" secret for long. There should be a plethora of ways to customize ship modules and using different corporations to enhance the presence in the game of the lore/background rather than engineering. I always envisioned engineering would be an extension of the synthesis mechanic or maybe somewhat like NMS for building stuff, but not for customizing ship function and modules which should be purchasable at shipyards.

FDEV weird design choices made in secret. Go figure. Like modules with letter grades where A is the best so there is no way to ever in the future get better... in a sci-fi game... weird.

The only problem with this post is i can only UpVote this once!!!!!!

Who in their right mind thought having a White/Brownish Reticle was a good ****ing Idea!? They must of outsourced this as well!

Just because its a "Futuristic Shooter" doesn't mean you can Not Have Red Dot Sights!

Red Dot Sights are Literally The Social Norm For Shooters Across The Entire INDUSTRY! Even Fallout 3 and 4 Had Red Dot Sights! Its like who ever is making this game Has Never Played a VIdeo Game in their Entire Life.

Some Shooters like say Insurgency Sand Storm allow you to Choose between Red, Green and Blue! This means you get a High Contrast Sight that is not just viewable in Low Light Situations (Night Time or The Dark) but also a High Contrast Sight for Extremely Bright Situations like Broad day light or someone has a flash light in your face!

As for a real world application there's a reason why the saying is "Red Means Dead" because when you pull your weapon up, the split second you see that red dot on target its dead as it can literally be the difference between Life and Death!

Next after you fix these HORRIBLE Optics in this game is to fix the damn balancing! There is no way in Hell! that a SMG or Laser AR should be able to drop a 4k+ Mj Shield with 70% Thermal Resistance! Its the same thing for SRV's Vs Ships are we really saying that a Tiny little SRV should be able to combat a Fully Engineered Ship!? Fdev comon guys you can do better than this.

hmm dot type sights are usually red dots so yes they are easy to see. if the sights on your guns are too hard to use maybe we could buy different ones at the gun shop inside stations as an option?

No! They will end up making us Grind to fkn swap them or Pay real money for a cosmetic to change them!

Fdev needs to fix these horrible sights and make sure that they are Accurate unlike the Plasma Pistol which its sight is Off!

You dont playcate to the dev's because they aren't cappable of thinking about what would be a good choice to use and implement!

Its called Cultural Osmosis, Red Dot Sights in Shooters is Widely Considered to be a Norm! You expect to see a red dot sight when you ADS on a weapon in a game because you're used to see it from 100's if not 1000's of other titles! Because Thats What Works The Best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is this such a foreign fkn idea!?

Red Dot Sights go all the way back to 1998 in Golden Eye 007 on N64 before that you couldn't even ADS you pointed and clicked.

Last edited:
To be honest, i never seen it as an issue.
And i'm a heavy Executioner user. Basically that's what i use most of the time, Executioner and Tormentor.
Never had any issues with the sights nor had any issues hitting my targets. 🤷‍♂️
The issues are pretty prevalent with the Karma AR-50 and TK Aphelion sights, they blend in with the bloom or contrast poorly.

gy2na2igxv171.png

I'm starting to think that these unclear sight pictures might be done on purpose, so that it becomes harder to aim from a distance. It might be that EDO ground combat is not meant for long range firefights (EDO long range being 100m>)?

Top Bottom