Ships Weapons for CZ-Courier

I have fun actually paricipating in the latest CG with my courier. It is not the most efficient way to collect combat bonds, but chasing eagles in a dogfight is really enjoying. But waiting for the frag cannons to reload is annoying. Has somebody any idea for better weapons (lightweigt) that have a punch and work with my 3A PP and 3D Distributor?
EDSY Courier

Any chance you have a Coriolis build you can share? I have a battle Courier, but weapons are not going to be what you are looking for I don't think.

Your Courier is really fast for having so much stuff packed on it and I'd like to see in Coriolis if you get the chance.

For me, frags are horrible in a fast ship since you need to be so close to use them effectively, which negates the ludicrous speed from an offensive point of view. I tried them in my Courier and quickly swapped them out.

Here's one of my builds. Sometines, I swap the weapons out for 2x incendiary and 1x corrosive MCs. Alternately, you can have 2 of the weapons at normal weight and it still boosts at 750ms.
Nice. I have a slightly different approach. https://s.orbis.zone/ck8_
Bi-weaves instead of Prismatic so even though I have less shield to lose, it's usually built back up to 100% when you take on the next enemy.
Non-lightweight weapons for max dps, and while I currently have a short-range blaster Imperial Hammer instead of the MC, the MC is better. The trick is only to just fire a few rounds from the MC every few seconds and use it to "soften" the hull, then let the beams do the damage. You can fly the beams indefinitely with 4 pips to WEP.
The HRPs are there for surviving the Special Ops. You can actually tank it out when they turn their Phasing Sequence beams on you.

In CZ the most effective way to take out enemies is by PP sniping
So you can try this Courier. Decent speed, decent shields, some decent hull - and can still pack punch below 1.5km with 3 superpen lightweight rails

Pick only targets that lost their shields of that are about to and target only their PP and preferably below 1.5km range
Bind one nacelle Rail to one trigger and the other 2 to the other trigger so your shots group better, then alternate fire to save ammo and lower the thermal and PD load
You should be able to kill an enemy in several volleys - assuming you hit their pp

In the meantime the CZ will expire and you have bagged....no one :love:
I got like 200 kills in the last combat CG, doing only High CG with my Epic alt, flying a vaguely engineered *() krait sporting 3 large mc and 2 medium rails. None of the weapons were engineered.

And 9000 more combat bonds cumulated on my other 2 accounts. PP sniping does work.

On my Steam account i used for quite some time:
a gunship with 2 small long range rails, a fixed large long range burst and 4 focused fixed medium bursts
a krait with 3 fixed large long range bursts and 2 long range rails
a vette with 2 huge fixed long range bursts

all 3 builds rely on PP sniping. And it works

*(g5 fsd, g3 shields and drives and that's all - only Felicity and Elvira unlocked)

I got like 200 kills in the last combat CG, doing only High CG with my Epic alt, flying a vaguely engineered *() krait sporting 3 large mc and 2 medium rails. None of the weapons were engineered.

And 9000 more combat bonds cumulated on my other 2 accounts. PP sniping does work.

On my Steam account i used for quite some time:
a gunship with 2 small long range rails, a fixed large long range burst and 4 focused fixed medium bursts
a krait with 3 fixed large long range bursts and 2 long range rails
a vette with 2 huge fixed long range bursts

all 3 builds rely on PP sniping. And it works

*(g5 fsd, g3 shields and drives and that's all - only Felicity and Elvira unlocked)
I suppose we were talking about the iCourier,I don't care a list of your stuff on your accounts,you play on PC also i guess (probably with HOTAS too)...well try sniping on the console with the controller ;)

Three frag cannons (overcharged, two thermals + single corrosive), get up close and personal, unload, repeat. With good trigger discipline and aim ammo should last a duration of a medium CZ.

Last edited:
I suppose we were talking about the iCourier,I don't care a list of your stuff on your accounts,you play on PC also i guess (probably with HOTAS too)...well try sniping on the console with the controller ;)

Superpen rails have the best chance to kill the PP.
And the lightweight ones can be used with a 3A PD
They have also consistent damage and can be used against shields too if needed (their damage is 60% thermal 40% kinetic) - but in a high CZ one can simply focus the enemies that already lost their shields - that is to save ammo and speed up the kills.

Yea, i do play a steam and an epic account (kb+mouse), but my main is on XBox (controller). Sure it's much harder to aim fixed weapons with the controller, but not impossible.

And my answer was aimed at OP, which most probably play on PC. Sure if someone has dificulties with fixed weapons - then gimbals are an option.
Another option would be the spray type weapons: Frags, Bursts with inertial (or cytos)

Three frag cannons (overcharged, two thermals + single corrosive), get up close and personal and unload, repeat. With good trigger discipline and aim ammo should last a duration of a medium CZ.

I haven't tried a frag courier.
But i did used extensively a Vulture with 2 overcharged frags (incendiary + corrosive) - sometimes i could finish a High CZ without re-synth sometimes not - and i was getting like 12-18 kills per CZ - that is picking already damaged/focused targets
While 2 large overcharge frags and 3 medium ones have the same total damage, the large frags have the advantage of having better piercing so better hull damage

I haven't tried a frag courier.

Frags work very good on Courier and are distro friendly weapons with relatively high damage output. This allows you to use 3-3-0 profile with occasional full pip switch towards WEP to fully charge the bar and then divert back all the power to shield and thrusters. Personally I find two frags and Imperial hammer being a good combo for both CZ and pvp engagements, and that Mamba dude who attacked me yesterday during current CG event at low int. CZ can confirm that.

Ps. Tempted to try two Cytos and a Hammer. Keep in mind that single Cyto deals damage slightly larger than class three fixed beam ;)

Last edited:
For me, frags are horrible in a fast ship since you need to be so close to use them effectively, which negates the ludicrous speed from an offensive point of view. I tried them in my Courier and quickly swapped them out.
Frags are fine for me regarding the distance. I try to stick to the enemys tail, not interested in jousting with the courier. The speed advantage means, that I only have to use my throttle, when the opponent tries to boost away. So the speed control is better and I can stay behind him.

Yeah, seems some like frag-Couriers, but not me. I fly my Courier wide-open at all times, making gunnery passes like a Focke-Wulf 190 attacking a bomber stream, slashing attacks at speed. Saddling up is counter to the reason I built a very fast battle Courier. I make a pass, get my tags, extend at speed and then carve a big arc back to the furball and do it again. Just tagging, not killing start to finish. I have other ships for that. The Courier is flown very differently and that was my vision when building it. Frags are unsuited for this. But blaze your own!

Here's one of my builds. Sometines, I swap the weapons out for 2x incendiary and 1x corrosive MCs. Alternately, you can have 2 of the weapons at normal weight and it still boosts at 750ms.
That looks nice! The differences between coriolis and EDSY are killing me. In EDSY my build has more shields than yours with only 1A Prismatic and only 1 shield booster. 🤔
That needs some research. In the meantime I will try the combination of missiles and lasers, there are still these 2 special double engineered racks in my store. MC are efficient but boring imao. 🙂

Superpen rails have the best chance to kill the PP.
And the lightweight ones can be used with a 3A PD
They have also consistent damage and can be used against shields too if needed (their damage is 60% thermal 40% kinetic) - but in a high CZ one can simply focus the enemies that already lost their shields - that is to save ammo and speed up the kills.

Yea, i do play a steam and an epic account (kb+mouse), but my main is on XBox (controller). Sure it's much harder to aim fixed weapons with the controller, but not impossible.

And my answer was aimed at OP, which most probably play on PC. Sure if someone has dificulties with fixed weapons - then gimbals are an option.
Another option would be the spray type weapons: Frags, Bursts with inertial (or cytos)
You quoted me not the other guy ;) Also i don't have problems with fixed weapons in fact I mainly use those,I only said that the sniping tactic with console controller it's not a good/easy one expecialy in a CZ with an iCourier as you suggested,that's all to it let's stay on track.

Top Bottom