Wearing glasses with Oculus S

hi all
i think this may have been asked before but does anyone wear glasses with the new Oculus S and if so how is it
compared to the CV1 , is it comfortable at all , because i find the CV1 a bit of a sqeez
i need to wear a plaster on my nose to stop them digging in , thaught i'd ask before pressing the order button

Comfortable enough, it's a very tight fit though, so I steamed up a bit, and there's a knack to taking it on and off that doesn't mush the lenses into your face (and end up with a greasy smear on the lenses you have to clean off). If you have chunky glasses though then it may be you'll have the same issue as with the CV1. Probably the only real way to find out is to find a store that lets you try a demo of the kit first.

Definitely go for prescription inserts if they make them for the S.
I got them for my Vive made a huge improvement getting rid of glasses. It's also cool doing something without wearing glasses. My glasses kept hitting the lenses and scuffing both.
I wouldn't buy any head set without prescription glasses support.

Last edited:
I have the VR Labs lenses for my CV1, and they do work well (once you get used to the way of fitting them). Mince cost around £100, including the Blueguard option.

The second link in my previous post is for a seller on eBay who 3D prints rather good adaptors for VR Lens Lab lenses - the link is for fitting existing Rift CV1 lenses to the Rift S. I bought a pair for when (if) I get a Rift S.

I got rift S as my first headset, so I don't have much to compare it to, except that I tried a Vive for 5 minutes at a store one day. In each case I tried with my glasses first.
(in my case I don't totally need my glasses. Eyes are good enough that I pass the driving test without them, but I use them for better reading of computer screens and such. Subtle prescription)

In my case I have large-ish plastic frames. Not crazy big, but far from small. The headset does push on the glasses and it's a little hard on my nose, but they do fit in Rift S. My understanding is that Rift S has more room than previous Rift models. (but I don't have personal experience with them)

I ultimately decided that I prefer to play with my glasses off since I can get the lenses closer to my eyes and it feels like the overall image (sweet spot, vs edge) is more even. In other words: with my glasses the sweet spot is slightly sharper, but the edges are more blurry and my FoV is narrower since the HMD is farther from my eyes. If I really needed my glasses to see the image I could do it. I think I would be looking at options like insert lenses (though I'm very skeptical of those) or more likely, an aftermarket facial gasket like those from VR Cover. I'm still watching for those to come out since the foam on the Rift S is very cheap and not great. Something from VR cover might improve the glasses user experience quite a bit.

TL : DR
Yes, glasses fit unless they are really huge; though you'll probably be farther from the lenses so the FoV is narrower. Like slightly more scooba effect.

Lots of reviews saying the lens grinding is not very accurate (maybe why they cost less than actual corrective lenses) and cause aspect distortion to the image. It seems to me like adding corrective lenses is more complicated than those people are trying to make it.
They seem to make some people happy, but don’t work for others.
I think a true solution like this would be actually replacing the lenses with ones that include your prescription. Instead of adding a layer of complication.

Well I do get a small amount of distortion along the bottom edge of mine that is/was noticable when moving my head but I tuned it out soon after fitting them. It is no worse than getting used to new prescription normal glasses.

To be fair, they work very well indeed for me - my prescription is approx -1.5 with 0.75 cylinder. The lens lab did however fail to make working lenses for my father although he has an unususal prescription involving quite severe prism. He now wears his frames in the headset.

Top Bottom