Weather

I know this has been discussed a lot and there's been said before this probably won't be added to PlanCo, but seeing Jurassic World Evolution and now Planet Zoo with weather, it's such a pity that PlanCo doesn't have this, even after all these years of DLC and updates.

Looks like Zoo has ‘Water Physics’ too, that would be a lovely addition also.

Can’t see either being added to PC, perhaps PC2.

Yes, we will probably never see rain or proper water physics in Planet Coaster. That means no umbrellas or swimming pools. They coded the game differently than RCT3 and rain would probably be too taxing on the frame rate. Water rides were an afterthought.

I don't think we can confirm if PZ has weather or water physics yet.

The only weather ive seen is the wolf pic with the snow which could just be a snow effect you place down like in PC.
And the water physics were in a CGI video...

Weather could be in Planet Coaster 2 with an improved Cobra engine.

Yeah, I think it is too late for weather and water physics like RCT3 to be added to Planet Coaster now. They are done with the main development and going forward will be just content packs like rides and bug fixes. No major overhaul of the main game. Weather and water physics are probably something for PC2. I can live without thunderstorms, they were actually annoying in RCT3, you couldn’t disable them I believe, but no proper water physics is a bummer because that means no water park items or swimming pools like Soaked.

Some video's of Planet Zoo I have seen by Youtubers that are in close contact with Frontier mentioned that Tree's and buildings block weather effects. (not confirmed though).

Also, PlanCo already supports collision/hitbox on every object. When a train derails it bounces off every object you placed.
If you can do the same with raindrops it could be possible, but we don't know what the impact on performance is.

Although people don't swim, there is a sort of "swimming" animation for the peeps.

Around 2:00 mark.

I don't think we can confirm if PZ has weather or water physics yet.

The only weather ive seen is the wolf pic with the snow which could just be a snow effect you place down like in PC.
And the water physics were in a CGI video...

Weather could be in Planet Coaster 2 with an improved Cobra engine.
we've also gotten photos of rain

we've also gotten photos of rain
And we have rain effect modules in PlanCo too (I think since Spooky Pack), so it could be the same as with the snow, maybe just effect modules. I think, the teaser video was a litte bit overinterpreted by all the guys, who have get the teaser official from Frontier.

Let's see how all these YouTuber guys react when there is no weather option, even though almost everyone has confirmed it in his review.

After all, they also take a little responsibility for what they say. It can damage the credibility of the YouTuber if anything of what is currently being interpreted into Planet Zoo is NOT even remotely in the game (you said that . . . . ). Ultimately, they can lose subscriptions because of that.

And we have rain effect modules in PlanCo too (I think since Spooky Pack), so it could be the same as with the snow, maybe just effect modules. I think, the teaser video was a litte bit overinterpreted by all the guys, who have get the teaser official from Frontier.

Let's see how all these YouTuber guys react when there is no weather option, even though almost everyone has confirmed it in his review.

After all, they also take a little responsibility for what they say. It can damage the credibility of the YouTuber if anything of what is currently being interpreted into Planet Zoo is NOT even remotely in the game (you said that . . . . ). Ultimately, they can lose subscriptions because of that.

Most of the Youtubers video's I have seen tell practically the same. I bet they get some more side info than we do. And some of those are well supported by Frontier (Silvaret, DeLadydesigner), so I bet the Youtubers know more.

And it would definitely be an upgrade compared to Planco. That should be something an upgraded Cobra Engine should be able. (If it is new of course)

Looks like Zoo has ‘Water Physics’ too, that would be a lovely addition also.

Does it though? As mentioned don't think that's confirmed as yet...

I know, I'm going off the Grizzly from the Trailer, be a massive own goal though, putting that impression in a trailer like that, then not fulfilling.

If there is Weather/Water Physics in Zoo, how transferable is that into PC? Only I see some familiar foliage in some of those screenshots, even using the same Peeps, they maybe be placeholders though.

It would be nice if Planet Coaster had weather and water parks. If Planet Zoo will have weather then maybe Frontier could some how add that to Planet Coaster.

It will be interesting to see if they can make weather possible in PlanetZoo using what seems to be a similar engine and game style to PlanCo and then potentially porting it over to PlanCo too. It seems that PlanCo has been used as a test pad for a lot of PlanZoo features, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some features can be reverse-compatible too? Of course, it may be saved for PC2, but we can hope!

Top Bottom