Week 24: Thargoids attacking Pemepatung and LP 102-320

Targets are Pemepatung (scouts) and LP 102-320 (interceptors & scouts). No wrecked Megaships in either.

We saved both systems this week.

Systems are saved by kills in the target systems - each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter.

Aegis megaships remain in Nu-1 Columbae and Magec.

Eagle Eye failed this week - it's just transmitting 'system error', so the targets were found by looking for the Non Human Signal sources. Nice to have a change in the weekly updates ;)

Last edited:
Quite a while ago I put together an Anaconda anti thargoid build using an old hull and a bunch of AX weapons, little if any engineering on it. I haven't been playing much and didn't see any reason to go after a thargoid particularly, the risk vs reward for single combat (in my probably inadequate build) didn't seem worth it. Are you saying that fighting the thargoids is actually having an impact on the game/background?

Eagle Eye failed this week - it's just transmitting 'system error', so the targets were found by looking for the Non Human Signal sources.

Hi, this is Bob from Maintenance. Try doing an EVA, bring your Category II tool kit with you. Undo the C-7 panel, four screws (one in each corner, of course). Once the panel is clear, you'll see a number of components. Locate the dingle-arm. The status light over it should be flashing red instead of a steady green. This indicates side fumbling has occurred. Using your Class 3 screwdriver, gently pry it loose from whatever it's stuck to.

Ensure you don't pry hard enough to break it off of the connecting point or you'll have to high-tail it out of the area before the power source goes critical and explodes.

Once it's unstuck you'll see where it's supposed to go just by looking inside the work space. Set it in there (gently, of course) and the status light SHOULD change to amber status. Hit the restart button over it - that'll turn it off, then on again (no, we've never changed THAT instruction in a thousand years).

Replace the cover panel (I hope you didn't allow the four screws to float off into space!!).

Once the system re-boots it SHOULD operate normally again. Give it about 7 days. If that doesn't work, use a Class J hammer to gently WACK the cover panel. If you see lots of red lights, (1) it didn't work and (2) you've just activated a self-destruct device in which case you'll want to clear the location in about, oh, 30 seconds.

If none of these steps work, please give me a call back. It might have to go back to the shop.

This may be the thing that keeps me attached to elite here. How do you get intel on the next target systems? PM me if it's way technical but I want to get in on this.

This may be the thing that keeps me attached to elite here. How do you get intel on the next target systems? PM me if it's way technical but I want to get in on this.

Targets have ammonia worlds / ammonia gas giants, the new targets only change around 60 Ly from the current ones, and the targets tend to be large starports. These are the search criteria. Look for NHSS. NHSS also appear in systems within 10 Ly, so if there are multiple together check for Megaship Wrecks or NHSS spawn rate. Higher spawn rate / presence of megaships usually indicates the targets.

Usually confirmed via Eagle Eye, but that's now broken.

HALT are patrolling Pemepatung. Just had a fight with one - did not end well for him. I have found that engineered frags work just as well on sprouts as they do humans so no need for a dedicated AX ship.

Top Bottom