Weekly Schedule w/c 13 April

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello all!

We hope you're all looking after yourselves and staying safe! We're onto week three of our alternative to our streams: the Weekly Schedule!

MONDAY 13/04/2020
As it was Bank Holiday Monday, we had no activities going on.

TUESDAY 14/04/2020 10:00AM- 12:00PM BST
We’re hosting Girl of Gotham on our Twitch channel as she explores the Planet Zoo: South America Pack! Please go and support her channel when you can.

TUESDAY 14/04/2020 16:00PM BST
Stephen and Bruce will be joining the googly eyed VR master, Malic VR on his Twitch Channel here!

TUESDAY 14/04/2020 18:00PM BST
We are joining the great PaulsLey live on his YouTube channel with some Planet Zoo! Come and hang out in the evening; we’ll be on voice chat so you can ask us questions too!

WEDNESDAY 15/04/2020 18:00PM BST
We'll be hosting Mekku World on our Twitch while he plays some Jurassic World Evolution! You can join him directly here.

THURSDAY 16/04/2020 17:00PM BST
We’ll hang out with Alchemical for a bit while he streams Planet Coaster on Twitch! Join us in the chat for some chill building!

THURSDAY 16/04/2020 19:00PM BST
Last week Stephen and Bruce filled up their Frontier Community Carrier with lots of Tritium!
They now plan on donating this to other Fleet Carriers throughout the galaxy, so if you want some FREE Tritium join us in the beta!

THURSDAY 16/04/2020 23:00PM BST
We’re hosting WirelessRiot on Twitch here; she’s continuing her South America area in her zoo and would love to know what you think of her building skills!

FRIDAY 17/04/2020 10:00AM BST
OhBea is going live with Planet Zoo, and we’ll be hosting her on our Twitch channel – do check out her stream when you get a chance!

FRIDAY 17/04/2020 EVENING
We are temporarily opening the Frontier Discord server for a movie night! Vote for the film of your choice and join us on Friday evening so we can watch the winning film together!

ALL WEEKEND
We're continuing to Pass the Park! Check our forum thread on this if you would like to sign up!

Come and join us when you can! It'd be good to all stay connected during this time!

If you're a streamer or content creator who is making content involving any of our games during this time, please let us know so we can see if we can support you in any way!

Last edited:
What I don't see on this schedule is the "Feedback-based changes" to the Elite: Dangerous beta that you announced last week for this week. Are they still happening?

Yes, they're still happening and we'll have news to share soon! :)
Every time I log in to play elite dangerous beta I'm taken to my anaconda landed 8000ly from any fleet carrier, but in my current account I'm in the bubble. What is going on here? I wanted to see the carriers even though I don't have enough credits (200 mil) to purchase one I would at least like to interact with one (unless the issues are fixed I don't see any need for a fleet carrier especially for long term exploration). I love playing elite dangerous and owning a fleet carrier is my long term goal.
O7

Every time I log in to play elite dangerous beta I'm taken to my anaconda landed 8000ly from any fleet carrier, but in my current account I'm in the bubble. What is going on here? I wanted to see the carriers even though I don't have enough credits (200 mil) to purchase one I would at least like to interact with one (unless the issues are fixed I don't see any need for a fleet carrier especially for long term exploration). I love playing elite dangerous and owning a fleet carrier is my long term goal.
O7
self-destruct and choose Option "starting System" - Your are immediatly back in the bubble.
Had the same prob too - was just 2KLy south of SAG A*.....

This update on the fleet carriers better be worth it!!!!
well, it works for me...
got a barebone FC with Weaponry (so I can buy limpets) and are on my way out northwest to west. today already done 1,5 KLy (started with 500 to Tritium only).
If you like to join and test, currently I am in PRU EUQ XA-W c15-25 (send friends request to Cdr Valentine Wiggin). If you come with a combined miner/explorer-Ship it would be appreciated ;)
Carrier Name "ISS Fred Hoyle"

i am using that one

Last edited:
Fleet carriers are a great idea especially for explorers like me who want a mobile base for staying in the black for long periods of time, and I plan to start grinding low temperature diamonds so I can buy a fleet carrier even though it may take me a few months but if frontier listens to our concerns then it will be worth it.

WOWWWW!!!!!!!! These carriers are freaking HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just feels intimidating even being around them. NOW I REALLY WANT ONE!!!!!! If it wasn't for the high upkeep costs HINT, HINT.

Oooooo! Film night. In the current situation I feel that Groundhog Day might have been a fair and comedic view of lockdown life at the minute.

How does it all work legally with streaming a film to the masses? Is this something that anyone can do with friends? Just wondering for living alone in lockdown life. Thanks!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I look forward to the Movie Night, watching Jurassic World together with the community! :)

As much as I would've loved to hang out with the community for a movie, I'm also gutted to say I can't make this as I don't have a Netflix account (and Disney+ is all I can afford at this time). :( Hope you all have a great night though! :D

This is all very laudable, but is it beyond the wit and resources of Frontier to provide their community managers with the means to live stream from their own homes?

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
This is all very laudable, but is it beyond the wit and resources of Frontier to provide their community managers with the means to live stream from their own homes?

It's not, and it's something we're still looking into. There's a lot of reasons why it's tricky, plus not every person has an office or a secluded space to stream - it's still their home space which affects work/life balance. We're being flexible in a terrible global pandemic, and providing entertainment where we can - so please bear with us and understand not everything can continue as it was while we're in this situation.

Stephens got a groovy pad.

Its also a good job I'm not a CM though. One, I don't know if having a CM talk about Powerplay (like I would inevitably do) would drive people outside into the virus strewn streets, or two the level of mess my desk occupies projects wholesome company values.

Top Bottom