Weekly Schedule w/c 8 June

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Hello everyone!
That is us now on week 11 of the Weekly Schedules! Time flies when you are having fun, please find this weeks schedule below:

MONDAY 08/06/2020 - 12:00PM BST
With the Fleet Carriers Update only a day away, Stephen and Bruce jumped on with Down To Earth Astronomy to talk about the Update and the Betas. Check it out on his channel here!

MONDAY 08/06/2020 – 14:00PM BST
Lukeolas is here to chew bubble-gum and play Planet Coaster, and he’s all out of bubble-gum. He’ll be finishing up his log flume and swinging mine cart roller coaster and would love for you to join him.

TUESDAY 09/06/2020 - 12:00PM BST
Fleet Carriers are finally here! With the Fleet Carrier Update launching today, join us for a special livestream on our Twitch Channel while the servers are down.

TUESDAY 09/06/2020 – 15:00PM BST
We’re more than happy to host StackieTacka as she continues working on her Sandbox Mode zoo. She makes really detailed builds and natural looking habitats. Join her for some zoo design and chill.

WEDNESDAY 10/06/2020 June – 12:00PM BST
We’re happy to once again host the lovely BearB00 when she plays more Planet Zoo. What will happen this stream? Tune in to find out.

THURSDAY 11/06/2020 – 23:00PM BST
WirelessRiot is building a South America themed zoo in Planet Zoo and we would love for you to join her as she builds. Her channel can be found right here.

FRIDAY 12/06/2020 – 13:30PM BST
Join the always entertaining DutchLion as he continues working on a tropical themed zoo. His skills as a builder is sure to rub off on you if you watch his stream.

SUNDAY 14/06/2020 – 19:00 BST
This Sunday, we’re hosting PlanetBecky when she kicks off a new franchize zoo and builds it with help from the chat. We wish her a lovely Sunday evening on her stream.

We hope you are able to join in and hang out at our lovely community activities!

FDev Q&A means 'questions & avoidance' ... they don't have the guts to tell the VR users what the deal is with Elite & VR for the future. This is the kind of behaviour driving people away from the game, so let them continue with that and then, in a couple of months, they can provide further information to those who are left, i.e. the flatscreeners and some of the helplessly hopeful VR users, and then avoid any clarifying statement on the big question again.

No thanks, FDev, don't need any of your kind of statements any more, have had enough of that.

FDev Q&A means 'questions & avoidance' ... they don't have the guts to tell the VR users what the deal is with Elite & VR for the future. This is the kind of behaviour driving people away from the game, so let them continue with that and then, in a couple of months, they can provide further information to those who are left, i.e. the flatscreeners and some of the helplessly hopeful VR users, and then avoid any clarifying statement on the big question again.

No thanks, FDev, don't need any of your kind of statements any more, have had enough of that.
At risk of sticking my head out of the trenches to get shot at
How about a different take on the whole VR thing .... Frontier gave a minimal statement on VR because they knew they'd have to say something sooner or later and it's better to let the community know about this sooner rather than later .... and the VR users have run away with that minimal information, extrapolated all sorts of implied, but not stated, meanings, putting words into Frontier's mouth and sometimes flat out making stuff up, which then gets repeated as fact .... and before Frontier have a chance to clarify things further, because there are lots of questions about all sorts of things to do with Oydssey and VR is just one thing in a sea of things .... VR users have made a huge mountain out of a tiny anthill ... and before I get hung drawn and quartered, yes I do understand that because it's a thing you're interested in, to YOU it can seem more important than a lot of other things, and because you're interested in it, it's hard to put things into proper perspective.

Or you can just post about how Frontier are scumbags .... your choice.

If it was the first time I experienced FDev communication, and there was no track record, your view might have been a viable one.

Unfortunately it‘s not.

I just connected the dotted lines using my experience with them. In addition it also fits into the bigger picture of FDev providing updates which then not only took longer than expected but turn out to be less substantial than I, and a number of other users, would have expected. Which is a clear indication of FDev having turned focus & resources elsewhere. Dumping VR fits into this logic, as the can maintain 80-90% of their user base while potentially cutting more than 10-20% of the development costs, and not being straight-forward about it fits into the experience I mentioned above.

So thanks for trying to be positive, but I do see the writing on the wall quite cleary. You are welcome to remind me of your suggestion in 8 months if it should turn out to be less grim as I see it, but I don‘t think we will have this conversation then.

If it was the first time I experienced FDev communication, and there was no track record, your view might have been a viable one.

Unfortunately it‘s not.

I just connected the dotted lines using my experience with them.
Unfortunately for you, it is a viable view.
And my experience with Frontier goes back a long time, I'm very experienced in how they behave and how they treat their community.

Top Bottom