ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

Infinite Monkeys

I
How do I get my old account back ? Had to loging using my Frontier Store credentials and create an new User Name just to get on since it won't let me log in using my old Forum ID and password.

Let's see if text entry works better for a swipey keyboard than was the case for the old forums ... so far, so good.

So from my perspective a huge improvement for that alone. On the other hand white text on a black background is vastly inferior to black on white on my hi-res tablet screen. This forum shows that black on white is possible, so how about the option to select it for the Elite Dangerous forums. I'd rather have a readable theme than a space one.

For the rest, unfamiliarity always creates difficulties. It'll take time to see whether on balance more of the changes constitute an improvement than a decrement - there'll surely be both gains and losses.

But once again, love the better text entry. I can now spend more or my time thinking about what I'm writing and less screaming in frustration at the screen!

Edit: and I didn't have to edit this post at all ... I mean, I did, but I didn't have to.

Zoom down to 80% and it's almost bearable (outside the Elite theme…)
Probably salvageable with custom css if they don't implement something themselves. This took about 30 seconds in the chrome dev console.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
How do I get my old account back ? Had to loging using my Frontier Store credentials and create an new User Name just to get on since it won't let me log in using my old Forum ID and password.

Your email needs to match on both the store and the forums. To link the accounts change the email address registered to the store to the same one you use on the forums.

Having trouble with my sigpic - I've tried doing 'Insert Image' and pasted in the '[i mg]...[/i mg]' code from Imgur (specifically the BBCode entry) but that doesn't work, nor does the direct link.

Any clues?

Each forum area now has their own dedicated theme so you can quickly and easily tell which game section you are in. These themes are specific to the game forum and can't be changed. We do however welcome all feedback on their appearance.

i personally hated the white on black and never ran with that theme in the old forums, black on white as in this forum is a preference, but its exactly that.. a preference

i think alot of others (ED users) used the "official frontier theme" as per the old forums, IIRC from an old poll

it would be nice to have the choice

The forums are back, thank you !

But this (check the image attached) isn't working and i don't find the thread to forum bugs ?

Definitely too much wasted space - I'm looking on PC (Firefox Browser) and I see a screen full of white and grey with some little bits of text dotted in between. I can only see approx. 1.5 of the short posts in this thread on screen at any one at a time. Should be at least double that.

Question - can we change the reading order to show newest posts first?

Probably salvageable with custom css if they don't implement something themselves. This took about 30 seconds in the chrome dev console.
There are lengths I won't go to just to fix bad UX. It's not possible any more to ignore entire forums either, so to keep my blood pressure at an acceptable level I'd better stay away from the place entirely.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Welcome back everyone!

Thank you everyone at Frontier for your hard work in getting the Forums upgraded to XenForo! :D(y)

Top Bottom