ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

And a bug report: in the ED forum alert box, names and thread titles only show on hover. In fact, the hover mechanism seems to be broken altogether there. The top entries with white background show white titles on white until hover. If you select an old entry (black background), upon hover all kinds of things happen ;)

And is that Elite logo on top left really the latest incarnation? It looks a little lonely whithout the Avian.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
How do I get my old account back ? Had to loging using my Frontier Store credentials and create an new User Name just to get on since it won't let me log in using my old Forum ID and password.

Hello! To link your old account please do the following:
  1. Log into your Frontier Store account (on the website)
  2. Change the email address registered there to the one you used to log into the forums
  3. Try logging into the new forums
Should work!

Your email needs to match on both the store and the forums. To link the accounts change the email address registered to the store to the same one you use on the forums.

Thank you -

Does this mean the email address of my Frontier Store Account must remain in sync with the Forum Account. ?

Do I need to submit a ticket to get the secondary Forum Account I just created deleted ?

The new bug tracking system is coming soon. Until then we still have the good old bug report forums for you to send in your bugs :)

It's something we're looking into but it's not something we can confirm or give an ETA on.

Thank you Paul. I'm not sure if colour blindness counts as a disability, but if it does then it looks like there may be a requirement. In the meantime I'll override the theme so my eyes don't go funny.

A bit bright but far easier to read and the colours are better for me being slightly colourblind. However, not sure why it's picking up spelling mistakes like 'colour', That was always fine before and still fine on anyother documents on my PC. Why have we come away from British spelling? Have we been taken over by the USA?

Hello! To link your old account please do the following:
  1. Log into your Frontier Store account (on the website)
  2. Change the email address registered there to the one you used to log into the forums
  3. Try logging into the new forums
Should work!

Yes it worked thank you - you may wish to update the FAQ with this to save others the same issue, that's where I went first before creating a secondary account to ask for help 👀

im sorry but i cant live with the black Elite dangerous forum

pd,x400,macbook_air_13-bg,ffffff.u1.jpg

Okay, logging in was a faff.
Presumably I missed something about how to do this but my original forum account details didn't work and I had to login using my main account details, which is fine I guess but maybe put that in the announcement post at the top to avoid the confusion of anyone who didn't know (like me).

Finally managed to login, what an hassle o_O

After browsing the ED forum, I cannot get used to the white on black forum, too tiresome for my eyes

Last edited:

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
im sorry but i cant live with the black Elite dangerous forum

Thats totally fine. We're going to be looking at all the feedback so if you have suggestions for improvements on the theme be sure to let us know!

Okay, logging in was a faff.
Presumably I missed something about how to do this but my original forum account details didn't work and I had to login using my main account details, which is fine I guess but maybe put that in the announcement post at the top to avoid the confusion of anyone who didn't know (like me).

The new forums are connected to your Frontier store account. If your store accounts email and your forum account email don't match you'll currently want to change your store email and then login again. We're working to improve the system :)

Top Bottom