ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

Nice
In my experience my signature did not update when I changed it through the Account Details page. I had to go directly to "Signature" from the menu on the top right and then any changes would be saved.

For some unknown reason any changes to my signature did not save when I edited the signature through Account Details > Signature. Changes were not saved even though a message "Your changes have been saved" is displayed on top of the page.

Edit:
I've just tested it again. Changes are only saved when made on the Signature page when opened from the top right menu.

Changes made on the Account details page (which has a signature edit box) are not saved, even though the "Your changes have been saved" message is displayed.
So are you talking here:

Selecting Signature here, cause I tried that and it still didn't update, I removed my signature and re-applied it after saving and still the old one appears, so weird.
I'm in my conda now with a different ship name, have been for 8 weeks.

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the new and improved Frontier Forums! We're so happy to have you here! Everything is now live and running on XenForo. All of our game forums are now together on one platform, and there are some great new features and improvements!

Here’s what you can expect from the new forums:

New Forum Features
  • Native mobile support with a responsive theme
  • New forum trophies
  • The developer tracker!
  • Personal news feed - follow your friends to see what they're up to!
  • A modern-day WYSIWYG editor
  • Native Two-Factor support
  • Post reaction system - replaces the vBulletin reputation system
  • Push Notifications - get notified in seconds on your mobile or desktop
  • Rich link previews.
  • Post & Thread bookmarking
  • Auto-embed of social posts. Just place the URL in your post, boom - it's embedded!
  • Basic video upload and auto-embed support (limited to MP4, WEBM and OGG currently)
  • Sidebar widgets (on the right side)
  • Inline spoilers. When you tab or click on the text, it'll de-spoiler!
Here's a couple of features that are changing slightly on Xenforo (though the functionality/use remains the same!)

Reputation on vBulletin does not exist as reputation on XenForo. Basically, reputation on the old forums has now been converted into post likes.

Emoticons/Smilies?
Smilies from the previous vBulletin are not included on Xenforo, as it natively supports emoticons.

Where is my signature picture?
XenForo does not support directly uploaded signature pictures. You will need to host the images elsewhere and then use the image function in the editor to link to them to your profile.

Why are attachments missing from various posts?
Numerous attachments that have not had any recent views have been removed from the attachments database. Attachments take up a huge portion of our forum storage, so we took this opportunity to clean up a little!

If you have any feedback about the new forums, or any changes we have made to older sections, please feel free to reply here with your thoughts. Should you have any other questions, we're around to help you ASAP!

Thank you so much for bearing with us through this process; we are so excited about the new look and feel of everything. We hope you find your new home just as welcoming as they should be.

Thanks, Nice new graphic forum

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Nice

So are you talking here:
View attachment 127022
Selecting Signature here, cause I tried that and it still didn't update, I removed my signature and re-applied it after saving and still the old one appears, so weird.
I'm in my conda now with a different ship name, have been for 8 weeks.
Yes, I was indeed talking about the Signature option.

I've tested it again and for me it works, but sorry to hear it doesn't work for everyone.

I've passed this on to Brett.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I understand there were generally a lot of problems with security certificates expiring of late due to US Government problems, but thought this had been resolved.

It might be a bug with the current forum setup. Brett is already aware of it.

Brett C

Frontier
Is there some known reason why the new forum has started showing a dialog box, when I change tab (on my ipad) to one of the several threads that I follow, which says something like “Oops! We ran into some problems. A security error has occured......”
It didn’t happen at first when the new forum became live. It is getting annoying!
Refresh the page that you are / were viewing and it should make it go away.

Some time in with the new forum: I like the new setup (except the missing rank function which in my mind somehow 'depersonalises' the whole thing).
I'm guessing though that FDev have NOT YET got round to properly linking the 'FORUM' button on the Game Launcher to the proper 'NEW' forum front-end address/link.
Most annoying to continually get a 'Oop's something's gone wrong' or some such every time you click to logon. Oh well for sure there are more pressing bugs and annoyances.

Game Launcher link to the forum gives: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Link should at least read: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/

Looks to me like the Game Launcher needs an update.

o7

Last edited:
Some time in with the new forum: I like the new setup (except the missing rank function which in my mind somehow 'depersonalises' the whole thing).

This is what is known in the trade as 'Progress'. Havent you noticed how the latest version of software or games might be shinny but lack some of the original gameplay features since gameplay was really all you had. Take cars and mobile phone how much progress is made with each advance.

So much for forum PVP.

Refresh the page that you are / were viewing and it should make it go away.
I close the dialog box & refresh the page and it does indeed go away, until the next time I check the thread. This happens for every thread I’m following....including this one

Last edited:

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Several people are complaining about the colour scheme for Elite - white on black background - but it IS possible to change it to black on white if you use the Frontier Development theme and then click FORUMS after saving to make it 'take'. I have temporarily changed mine at the moment just to demonstrate it is possible but I do prefer the Elite theme myself.

OK I stand corrected, I hadn't checked any other forums before posting!

This is how it looks to me at the moment:
HeFm99m.png

Last edited:
Several people are complaining about the colour scheme for Elite - white on black background - but it IS possible to change it to black on white if you use the Frontier Development theme and then click FORUMS after saving to make it 'take'. I have temporarily changed mine at the moment just to demonstrate it is possible but I do prefer the Elite theme myself.

That won't work - try clicking on an Elite forum....

(I like the white-on-black so am happy now I get that more places by selecting the Elite style)

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Try going into Dangerous Discussion and see what you get.
Ah I see what you mean! OK I take it back, I should have checked properly first! I've changed back to the ED theme but this particular forum stubbornly continues to be black on white for me! LOL

TERRIBLE decision not to allow us to keep a light theme when viewing the Elite forums. I absolutely hate black backgrounds for reading, and the old forums allowed me to avoid that, unlike this new version.

Awful.

TERRIBLE decision not to allow us to keep a light theme when viewing the Elite forums. I absolutely hate black backgrounds for reading, and the old forums allowed me to avoid that, unlike this new version.

Awful.
Imagine that you are in the deep space, perhaps help you tolerate better ?

:)

Any reason why the avatar upload accepts "some" gif and not others? Was trying to put up the DW2 gif but no luck. Times out with an error

Any reason why the avatar upload accepts "some" gif and not others? Was trying to put up the DW2 gif but no luck. Times out with an error
The most common reason is the size and the weight.

Collapse with a GIF editor.

Until 500KB and until to 400 * 400 pixels, look good.

Load into your profile and wait for the next day because the cache on the server is very slow.

:)

Top Bottom