Well done FD, Thargoid station attack rescue

Well, i moaned that things were slow with 2.4
This makes up for it......

Just landed at Titan's Daughter in Taygeta and rescued my first refugees fleeing the station.
Really well done, graphics, sound and the sense of panic from the station announcer.
Deliver them to the rescue ship (which has passenger cabins available).

Great stuff, tension and a sense of purpose, liking this :)

Thanks for the Info Cmdr!

I haven´t seen it for myself but well done FD. Make Christmas great again and let it keep go on till Christmas :).

Yup. FD have kicked a *massive* goal on this one.

Go there with a combined Economy Passenger + Cargo ship. Medicines and Evacuation Shelters are fetching a massive premium (3000cr +). Also lots of salvage missions etc..

yep, i took the Orca, also the threat 7 thargoids are scary as hell, and look a lot like the thargoid base things.....
Impressed so far :) lots of missions to rescue stuff as well.

They just need to make sure to recycle these mechanics once war reaches the bubble. Make it automatically and dependent on a new system state.

Scenario:
- Number of Thargoids arrive at System XY, System Status is "under threat"
- People fight them and force them to retreat, System Status goes back to normal
Or
- People don't fight them and system status changes to evacuate
- system is dead but could be rebuild at a later date

This would require 0 Dev interaction.

Yes, I also hope similar mechanics can be used for system internal struggles. Maybe at lesser extent. But overall this is how I imagine ED to be run with all their BGS loops.

They just need to make sure to recycle these mechanics once war reaches the bubble. Make it automatically and dependent on a new system state.

Scenario:
- People fight them and force them to retreat, System Status goes back to normal
Or

That would be great. Would be nice to see some thargoids jump into station vacinity and start attacking the stations and people need to fight them off.

Scenario:
Or

One I'd throw in there is the localised thermal spike inside the station. Your temperature continually increases when inside the station (except when docked). This would be *perfect* to use in a USS featuring an abandoned outpost with a scoopable item of value in the middle of it.

I spent a few bugs on the frontier store so they have not only a virtual thanks for new stuff in the game :) pls keep it coming.

Finally, excitement lol, the first few times you enter an attacked station is really cool, but take a ship with cheap repair costs, the heat and corrosive damage mount up, think the cutter will stay at home for this.
Also, pretty good speed bonuses to get the passengers rescued in time, i had a couple that gave a few hundred thousand extra each, but was like a two minute timer i think.
So yeah, this is more like it :)

Top Bottom