Well I think this is officially the worst night I've ever had

So I went out into the Formidine Rift on my conda, Blake. Earlier today I felt very inspired to get into a bit of roleplay so I was going to make a thread containing logs documenting the trip giving some inside into my CMDR andy Crew Member. I had everything ready so I said to myself "I'll do some flybys on the planet before heading to bed" so I went to do that exactly and everything was going excellent, my crew member had no problems with high g until I got into a crater so naturally she followed me in and I boosted out. This is where everything went to s***, my pilot kept going straight ahead but I was so far from the ship that the game unloaded the physics so my conda clipped through the terrain and when I wanted to go back the physics got loaded back again and well, this happened.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fractal Noctis/video/28611078

At least it was an awesome and dramatic explosion, I'm so tired I won't even bother with the bug report until tomorrow. I'm not even mad in fact I don't know how I feel about this, I only know 4 things.

1.- I want my insurance and my data back

2.- I want to get put back exactly where I was

3.- I just lost MY GIRL and along with her she took 200 Million Cr and her Deadly combat rank and my will to make the above mentioned thread.

4.- I'm tired as hell and tomorrow is school day so...

Thanks elite, you made my night.

Goodnight everyone, I'm out.

PD: For those in search of a wallpaper Bongo has you covered :D

Last edited:
On the plus side, I have a new wallpaper [up]

PTfOn8R.png

Oh Damn. That's terrible, dude. Hopefully they can reimburse you for the credits, even if that leaves your travel time wasted. At least you got an interesting clip out of it and will maybe help frontier keep this from happening to other cmdrs (myself included). Again, sorry for your loss.

I'm not seeing any error or glitch by the game to cause this result. More of a risk with a high G planet flying 200M from the surface with an NPC pilot in a very expensive ship trying to follow the live one. Still it is such a unique event. Thanks for posting as you have probably saved the ships of others who might try it. Meanwhile the support desk people are awesome and very understanding so you're in good hands.

I'm also very impressed with your demise. If a player is going to lose big time then do it with style! You just made the top of the style list! :)

Last edited:
If I wasn't sat on a bus right now, I'd be trying (and probably failing) to insert a gif here of Sheriff Buford T. Justice, going 'ooof'.

I'm not seeing any error or glitch by the game to cause this result. More of a risk with a high G planet flying 200M from the surface with an NPC pilot in a very expensive ship trying to follow the live one. Still it is such a unique event. Thanks for posting as you have probably saved the ships of others who might try it. Meanwhile the support desk people are awesome and very understanding so you're in good hands.

I'm also very impressed with your demise. If a player is going to lose big time then do it with style! You just made the top of the style list! :)

yeah this... did you have A rated thrusters or was the NPC fighting a loosing battle so to speak on a high g world?

even with good thrusters you wouldn't be able to throw an anaconda around like that close to the ground on high G worlds,

condolences for your loss

You call 1.09G, a high G body?

On the plus side, I have a new wallpaper [up]

http://i.imgur.com/PTfOn8R.png

HAH! [haha] Thanks for giving me a laugh at 6 in the morning when I was blankly staring at a wall still trying to fall asleep, but too mind numbingly bored to do so.

Speaking of funny stuff, OP. Am I getting this right, you named your Annie "Blake"? I don't know why, but I find that funny.

I can just imagine it now.

"THIS, THIS MAGNIFICENT PIECE OF GUTAMAYA CRAFTSMANSHIP IS THE OLYMPUS!"

"My dastardly looking ship is the Ravager!"

"Hah! All of yours pale in comparision to my ship, The Alpha and the Omega!"

"What about you, whelp? What do you call this sorry excuse for a ship? Huh? The Destroyer? The Reaper? Oh, I know! The Malicious Tide!"

"This is Blake."

*silence in the cantina*

Ouch. I felt dirty chuckling at that, but it reminded me of how this game can break your heart. Like using the clipper to fly high speeds in a canyon. Boosted around a sharp bend....right into the rock face where the canyon dead ended. Last thing to go through my CMDRs head was the engine pod.

3.- I just lost MY GIRL and along with her she took 200 Million Cr and her Deadly combat rank

Trying to replicate the SLFs high speed manoeuvres in an Anaconda? Dude - she was an idiot, you're better off without her! :p

Sorry, that's harsh.

Look at it like this ... you're "Trending" in my "Best of the forum" thread! There are people who can only dream of doing that! :D

Last edited:
HAH! [haha] Thanks for giving me a laugh at 6 in the morning when I was blankly staring at a wall still trying to fall asleep, but too mind numbingly bored to do so.

Speaking of funny stuff, OP. Am I getting this right, you named your Annie "Blake"? I don't know why, but I find that funny.

I can just imagine it now.

"THIS, THIS MAGNIFICENT PIECE OF GUTAMAYA CRAFTSMANSHIP IS THE OLYMPUS!"

"My dastardly looking ship is the Ravager!"

"Hah! All of yours pale in comparision to my ship, The Alpha and the Omega!"

"What about you, whelp? What do you call this sorry excuse for a ship? Huh? The Destroyer? The Reaper? Oh, I know! The Malicious Tide!"

"This is Blake."

*silence in the cantina*

Hahahaha that's my lack of creativity right there. I thought "The ship is black, Blake=Black"

- - - Updated - - -

At least it was memorable. Memories are worth more than credits or data, right? :)

Repped.

Yup it's the first time I die exploring, so is a dangerous galaxy after all :D

yeah this... did you have A rated thrusters or was the NPC fighting a loosing battle so to speak on a high g world?

even with good thrusters you wouldn't be able to throw an anaconda around like that close to the ground on high G worlds,

condolences for your loss

If you look closely at the altimeter the thing was she was underground and then she just popped midair

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to replicate the SLFs high speed manoeuvres in an Anaconda? Dude - she was an idiot, you're better off without her! :p

Sorry, that's harsh.

Look at it like this ... you're "Trending" in my "Best of the forum" thread! There are people who can only dream of doing that! :D

Ha I guess you are right, it's just her face didn't looked like melted plastic so that's what hits me the most :p

Also thanks for the trending :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch. I felt dirty chuckling at that, but it reminded me of how this game can break your heart. Like using the clipper to fly high speeds in a canyon. Boosted around a sharp bend....right into the rock face where the canyon dead ended. Last thing to go through my CMDRs head was the engine pod.
Ha don't feel dirty it was hilarious as for your experience well that sounds awesome! And now I want to try it

Last edited:
Top Bottom