Well, I'm pretty sure this one's new. Right?

I haven't found any reference to a Guardian Structure in the many, many Wregoes. It's foggy. And spooky. Tell me it's mine.

Those sites are usually where you get the Guardian blueprints, although the shape of this particular one seems unfamilliar.

Last edited:
It was pretty late when I found it, so I just rolled around a bit, shot some panels, and killed three sentinels. I'll do the whole thing later on today. The layout resembles what Cannon Research calls the "Bowl" (shown here).

This is pretty gratifying: I've been searching this area since late February.

If it's a new layout that sure would be interesting, however I doubt right now the blueprint will be anything new. Frontier seems adamant about not giving us anything till this grand expansion they are planning. I hope at least with that expansion we get a Guardian ship outright (center cockpit seat is a must with godly jump range and superior anti-thargoid combat, trading can be ignored).

Either way good find.

Okay, it's another weapon blueprint site; I was hoping that because of where it is, it might be something different. But at least I can figure I may be on the right track for the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I've never been to a site with this layout before - it took me forever to find the sixth pylon. As it turned out, I'd practically landed my ship on it. Go figure.

Nice find! You can check here: https://canonn.fyi/grsheet to make sure it's a new one and, if so, could you be so kind to report it here? https://canonn.fyi/grreport

Yes, I checked the Cannon list as soon as I'd seen it. And I'll be submitting the structure with the form once I've turned in my data in BGS-sized chunks :).

I was planning to do the same with my Brain Tree sites, but isn't that still set up to submit each location separately? Because I think I've found them on 35 bodies now, and some of those bodies have dozens of locations... and I'm starting to think I won't ever want to submit them each separately.

I was planning to do the same with my Brain Tree sites, but isn't that still set up to submit each location separately? Because I think I've found them on 35 bodies now, and some of those bodies have dozens of locations... and I'm starting to think I won't ever want to submit them each separately.

If you play on PC and keep EDMC, EDSM will eventually store all of them automagically. Same if you use EDMC with Canonn's plugin, but data will also go to Canonn's backend. Obviously it doesn't work well for you if you plan to have them reported after selling the data ;-)

Last edited:
That's up to you, as you say there're so many of them that reporting all is a massive undertaking. If you play on PC and keep EDMC, EDSM will eventually store all of them automagically.

It's worth considering whether the submission form could take entries by body, with tick boxes for what variety is at each location. The list itself wouldn't necessarily have to change, just the submission form. Since the 3.3 scanners they'e so much easier to find that the latitude and longitude entries seem obsolete, too.

It's worth considering whether the submission form could take entries by body, with tick boxes for what variety is at each location. The list itself wouldn't necessarily have to change, just the submission form. Since the 3.3 scanners they'e so much easier to find that the latitude and longitude entries seem obsolete, too.
I'm sorry - I edited my response while you were replying. Most submissions have now been automated through a edmc plugin, there's no form anymore.

Oh, hmmm. Because EDMC associates one Frontier account with each Windows user I only use it for my in-the-bubble CMDR; I upload these logs to EDSM. But maybe since I do that it will still work out.

Oh, hmmm. Because EDMC associates one Frontier account with each Windows user I only use it for my in-the-bubble CMDR; I upload these logs to EDSM. But maybe since I do that it will still work out.

EDDiscovery handles multiple commanders seamlessly (and doesn't require your Frontier login details).

EDMC handles multiple cmdrs nicely. I've only had a couple of incidents in the last 4 months where some jump in the bubble done by my alt were added to my main account's flight log.

EDMC handles multiple cmdrs nicely. I've only had a couple of incidents in the last 4 months where some jump in the bubble done by my alt were added to my main account's flight log.

As I recall I had to re-enter my Inara and EDSM usernames and API keys every time I switched from one to the other; in fact I think there were three logins, but I don't remember what the third one was. If there was a magic tipping point where EDMC would remember them both, I never reached it.

As I recall I had to re-enter my Inara and EDSM usernames and API keys every time I switched from one to the other; in fact I think there were three logins, but I don't remember what the third one was. If there was a magic tipping point where EDMC would remember them both, I never reached it.

ATM, you just need to enter the EDSM API keys once per account, EDMC will remember them. It will occasionally ask for a login on frontier to access some of the newly available data, but that's optional AFAIU.

Holy biowaste, Batman! That really does work.

Except... no. It doesn't. I can authenticate EDMC just fine, but neither Inara nor EDSM will accept the login.

Last edited:
I’ve also found another brain tree cluster in an area of space with no known guardian structures. I searched about 11 of the surrounding systems but didn’t find any structures. Is there any better way to search than just doing trial and error jump and scans?

Also, do brain trees ALWAYS mean guardian structures are nearby? Or is it the inverse: Guardian structures ALWAYS mean brain trees are nearby. Can brain trees ever just appear on their own?

Cannon Research has some information about this, including a video by CMDR Panpiper. His conclusions aren't a perfect match for what I've seen, but the data's pretty incomplete. So that's not surprising.

As I understand it, Brain Trees are always found near Guardian ruins, and probably around other Guardian remnants. In my case I had an idea about where more Guardian sites might exist and started a pretty exhaustive survey in that area. I found lots of Brain Trees, and eventually this structure. So I hope I may be on to something there.

But Brain Trees have been found all over the galaxy, whether or not there are any Guardian sites nearby.

EDIT: Here, this link's better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom