Game Discussions Well.. looking at Steam charts..

I find it fascinating that you are so invested in your bitterness you simply cannot cope with anything countering even a fragment of your narrative. FD is a publicly traded company. They have earned hundreds of millions in the past few years, and ED is their most profitable IP. Whatever you think of ED is your business, but denying that ED has been a major, cross-platform, commercial success, catapulting FD from a very small studio to a the corporation it is today, is just rather tragic. It changes nothing about what is real and what is not, and only reveals how deep your frustration goes.

But sure, if ranting that they probably just 'sold millions of paints' makes you feel better, have at it.
Well it’s not bitterness. It’s trying to bring up facts that are met with responses like yours with “sold millions of paints”. Umm. That wasn’t in my post. Many try to change the context to support another agenda.

Fact is FDev did at one point confirm when they said “Elite franchise” it included all items. That was long ago. DLC also adds into this, and the multi account users and free Xbox betas also, so right there you can likely take any real number that they do release and divide it by 2 or even 3 if trying to determine the number of individual customers.

But you, like others, keep steering away from the debate brought up by the OP, and what I’ve commented on.

Fact is FDev did at one point confirm when they said “Elite franchise” it included all items. That was long ago. DLC also adds into this, and the multi account users and free Xbox betas also, so right there you can likely take any real number that they do release and divide it by 2 or even 3 if trying to determine the number of individual customers.
Is it a hobby of yours to continually make incorrect statements and provide no proof supporting your false claims, then get annoyed when you're repeatedly proven to be wrong?

FDev Notice of Results & Trading Update, via London Stock Exchange:
FDev via LSE said:
Planet Coaster has now sold over 2 million base game units since launch, and Elite Dangerous has exceeded 3 million base game units. Previously the Company has reported "franchise units" for Elite Dangerous whereby the Elite Dangerous: Horizons expansion, sold at the same price as the base game, was also counted as one unit. The Company has now simplified unit reporting to state gross unit sales of the base game only. For comparative purposes cumulative franchise units for Elite Dangerous are now over 4.3 million.

Frontier Annual Report 2019:
FDev Annual Report 2019 said:
In January 2019 Elite Dangerous crossed the 3 million base game unit threshold.

FDev's Zac Antonaci, from Aug 2017:
Hey guys,

Just to confirm, as Obsidian Ant just mentioned, paint jobs and cosmetic sales are not included in "Franchise units". As you can see from this tweet from the Frontier verified Twitter account, 2.75m refers to sales of Elite Dangerous and Horizons combined.

Source: https://twitter.com/frontierdev/status/897397463958552576

Hope that helps.

Is it a hobby of yours to continually make incorrect statements and provide no proof supporting your false claims, then get annoyed when you're repeatedly proven to be wrong?
That's not true. He doesn't get annoyed when he is proven wrong, he simply ignores it.

Planets in ED are not 1:1, but that is a seperate argument.. ;)

I 100% agree with the rest of your post, but I'm still giggling at that statement. Sorry about that.
Just get back to me when you'll have driven around the complete circumference of one, that will be a sufficient enough source of informations on the matter.
Landable bodies are on a 1:1 scale. It's just mathematics.

I 100% agree with the rest of your post, but I'm still giggling at that statement. Sorry about that.
Just get back to me when you'll have driven around the complete circumference of one, that will be a sufficient enough source of informations on the matter.
As I said above, I believe there is small difference like a few percent. I could remember wrong but I believe a dev said it. Anyway, if scale is 1% incorrect that's still 1:1 for me...

Oh yes of course I'd gladly stand corrected on that, but really couldn't be much more than decimals of a percentile, if a planet is reported as having a 40000 km diameter, rest assured you'll have to drive that distance more or less to get around it.

Did some testing about the scale some time ago:

Might do some more testing again some day, with 4k resolution this time.

Did some testing about the scale some time ago:

Might do some more testing again some day, with 4k resolution this time.
Excellent post

Stigbob: That guy is an edge case. Personally I believe he is not a white knight. He just likes to disagree with people. If everyone on this forum would love the game he would probably hate it... :D Since being rude is one of your criteria for being a white knight, Stigbob doesn't count. He might be annoying but he is mostly less rude than the people in a discussion with him.

As it happens I actually do like the game.

I always found and played the ones I find to be loads of fun. So the very idea of having meltdowns about them seems absolutely hilarious, its never not funny.

When its some angry ex-player from years back who just can't move on and acts like they've been left standing at the altar its constant comedy.

Not worth arguing about, did all that the last time (got no where), simply told people to ask themselves direct.

However, having seen a true size planet in SE, to the scale of SE, it's huge in a very daunting way.
But there isn't a scale in ED to compare too yet. We need our character on his legs, that for me would give the game it's scale. But I appreciate others believe, what they believe. I just believe ED's scale is odd.. But there you go.. ;)

The support message I got back from FDev was either late 2015 or early 2016 iirc, it said that they were working towards making the planets 1:1, but accepted my comment at the time.

Top Bottom