Well, maybe this is the reason why JWE is so forgotten.

Planet Zoo

"Build a world for wildlife in Planet Zoo, coming to PC in Fall 2019. From the creators of Planet Coaster and Zoo Tycoon comes the ultimate zoo sim, featuring authentic living animals who think, feel and explore the world you create around them. Experience a globe-trotting campaign or let your imagination run wild in the freedom of Sandbox mode. Create unique habitats and vast landscapes, make big decisions and meaningful choices, and nurture your animals as you construct and manage the world’s wildest zoos."

It sounds like everything that JWE lacks

The team working on Jurassic World Evolution is separate to the team working on Planet Zoo. We love Jurassic World Evolution and have some exciting things to come this year, including the early summer update which we'll have more details on a little closer to the time.

warm words.
yet i see you do receive exactly the same criticism in every game.
dunno, could it mean something?

(hi dino guys! nice to meet you all! i live in the next booth with the flat spaceship, just wanted to say hi since frontier is so eager that we all 'share experiences').

Oh. My. God.

Is that complete customization I see? Complete creative freedom? Terrain tools, decorations, elevated pathways, toys, glass fencing, colour, variety, benches, animal toys, stairs, detailed landscaping, juvenile animals?

I'm just going to say, ah forget it.

Love the looks of it!

To be honest I want Jurassic world Evolution have a life cycle of five years of Updates and DLCs, I am disappointed that Planet zoo is only for PC but hopefully if down the line Jurassic World evolution sequel gets made after the cycle and I want this game to get better with updates and DLCs and the summer update gives me hope that we'll have sand and other terrain tools we've never seen before.

Last edited:
The team working on Jurassic World Evolution is separate to the team working on Planet Zoo. We love Jurassic World Evolution and have some exciting things to come this year, including the early summer update which we'll have more details on a little closer to the time.
I can't wait for what's coming this summer, I just wish everybody could be patient.

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

Is that complete customization I see? Complete creative freedom? Terrain tools, decorations, elevated pathways, toys, glass fencing, colour, variety, benches, animal toys, stairs, detailed landscaping, juvenile animals?

Love the looks of it!

I do not know if I should be very happy about the new game and its potential or if I should be very sad for all that it has and is missing in JWE.

I do not give up my hope yet...

I do not know if I should be very happy about the new game and its potential or if I should be very sad for all that it has and is missing in JWE.

I do not give up my hope yet...

I feel the same way. I definitely want to give this game a go, and I'm sure it will give me hundreds of hours of enjoyment. The bittersweet thing is it is described and shown to have everything I ever wanted in a zoo builder - except dinosaurs.

Well interesting, could the 4chan leak be real?

Attachments

• hmmmmmmmmmmm.PNG
    hmmmmmmmmmmm.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 648
Oh. My. God.

Love the looks of it!

lol you took the woreds right out of my mouth or lets say fingers in this case lol yea that customisation in that trailer and yet they couldent bother to include all that in JWE from the start but nope we have to waite even so we may not even get much in that regards anyway. dose look good thugh hope you get a sandbox mode can make a huge wildelife preserve.

Oh come on guys.
All we have here are generic advertising phrases and a trailer that dosn't show any actual gameplay. We all know how exaggerated those trailers are. Remember the one about JWE where the T-Rex attacked a maintenance worker. Nothing of it was in the actual game.
Just think about Frontiers attempt at Zoo Tycoon. It was bad and if this game follows the same path, it will be bad too.

So you shouldn't get so hyped up until we see some actual gameplay footage.

So you shouldn't get so hyped up until we see some actual gameplay footage.

I think for some of us this entire trailer is kind of ironic in that it has ALL of the features we have been asking for in JWE. Even if the gameplay turns out vastly underwhelming at launch like JWE it goes to show that Frontier understands and knows that these features are important to these types of games yet didnt put it in JWE. What's worse is that this announcement matches the 4chan leak which if turns out to be true then we will NEVER get any of that in JWE.

I get the whole advertisement and trailer thing and taking it as such; however, it advertises features that Frontier is wholly capable and extremely talented at producing - they've proven it already. Anything more is just gravy.

For that reason, I have no doubt that Planet Zoo will be a spectacular park builder with endless replay value.

I get the whole advertisement and trailer thing and taking it as such; however, it advertises features that Frontier is wholly capable and extremely talented at producing - they've proven it already. Anything more is just gravy.

For that reason, I have no doubt that Planet Zoo will be a spectacular park builder with endless replay value.
With what did they prove this? Their Zoo Tycoon was bad and the worst game in the Zoo Tycoon series in terms of creative park building. JWE isn't that good as a park builder either. Only Planet Coaster could be used as example, but Planet Coaster didn't proved anything for JWE, so why should prove something for for this game?

With what did they prove this? Their Zoo Tycoon was bad and the worst game in the Zoo Tycoon series in terms of creative park building. JWE isn't that good as a park builder either. Only Planet Coaster could be used as example, but Planet Coaster didn't proved anything for JWE, so why should prove something for for this game?

The Steam ad boasts limitless creativity with hundreds of building components. It also boasts piece by piece constructing. Carving lakes, mountains, and caves. It also boasts design sharing. These are all features that are the bread and butter of Planet Coaster. This gets me very excited for Planet Zoo.

Unfortunately, these were never really advertised for JWE. It was my own mistake in having that expectation for this game at the time of release. I would still like to see it all implemented though.

Honestly, I've played this game to the fullest basically because of my love of jurassic park. If the early summer update ends up being something like the last update .. field tools? perfect, but today only that ... if you do not accompany it with more buildings or attractions ... wrong. I want to be able to say in the middle of summer that the game has improved a lot, but as the thing is halfway ... at least they clearly announce that it will be treated, because if it is a great update, they will have things to say. If not for my part I finished with the game.

Also Everyone 4chan was right about Planet zoo, does that mean that the Claire Dearing DLC is a real DLC coming in July? We can only wait and find out 4chan leaks predictions come true
We'll just have to wait a little longer but hitting a dinosaur as difficult to predict as Proceratosaurus and guessing Planet Zoo is giving credibility to the 4Chan leak.

In addition Frontier still has not denied the leak. If it were very false, it would even laugh.

If Claire's DLC with Sanctuary Island turns out to be real and comes with Albertosaurus and Ouranosaurus I can say in capital letters: FRONTIER, TAKE MY MONEY, YOU HAVE RETURNED TO CREATE QUALITY CONTENT.

What is clear is that the summer update will be great. New dinosaurs, field tools, maybe new buildings and a new campaign expansion.

What I'm writing now might sound a little more vicious. But it's not meant to be so malicious. English is not my native language and there is always such a thing with verbs. :-D

But I am still angry about the statement, because:

You can't take it as an excuse that another team is working on JWE than it will be on Planet Zoo. As a developer of a Park Builder game, how can you even come up with the idea of making a park game with animals that behave like AI fools? Or even better, create a game with dinosaurs that behave like cloned robots and have just a few animations? Or who came up with the stupid idea of removing management from a management based game?

In psychiatry this would be called insanity.

All the rules of thoughtful game design were broken here. And that's something I don't understand. Because I know that you can do this kind of games. Look at Planet Coaster, a masterpiece of game art. Look at your old games. Masterpieces, too. And I can hardly imagine that Universal's commission are "please create an unfinished game with unrealistic dinosaurs".

I really hope that the big summer update will bring massive AI improvements, more management and freedom in park design. And it's not just empty talk. Or again just some cosmetic stuff that doesn't fix the problems of the game.

Only my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom