CQC We're doing a CQC special on Lave Radio and we need a little help?

Hi All,

We're discussing CQC this Tuesday at 8:30 to 10:30 pm (BST). If you play CQC, free at the time and want to talk about this game mode, please drop me a PM and we'll see about getting you on the show.

Thanks,
Cmdr Phoenix_Dfire

Lave Radio Presenter.

More like we don't really know this Lave Radio. Me for example I haven't listened to any broadcasts ever.
Personally I don't see any point in talking to audience that isn't interested or doesn't care about CQC. Waste of my time.

But I think they've found someone to talk about CQC already.

Well, Due to circumstances (I.E. all the e-Drama that's going on over the petition), we'd talked to the CQC guests and they're happy to move back to the show on the 8th Of October, just so we can give CQC the time it deserves.

Feels a bit like you're looking for the last unicorn. :p

Not Really, I'm on the CQC Discord and it's reasonably busy and useful for finding matches.

More like we don't really know this Lave Radio. Me for example I haven't listened to any broadcasts ever.

Oh, sorry to hear that Musketeer. We've been going for more than five years and up to 261 Episodes so far.

And as typical of these things, (I.e. Peoples schedules) We've had to move this special back to the 15th of October.

Apologies

Personally I don't see any point in talking to audience that isn't interested or doesn't care about CQC. Waste of my time.
On this subject I just wanted to say I really don't think that's true. Lave Radio has been covering all aspects of the game for 5 years now. CQC is mentioned frequently but the show really could do with a more informed voice talking about it. The show quite recently had a bunch of Powerplay people on and it was fascinating and really informative ('cos I didn't know that much about PowerPlay either). So yeah, we definitely are interested ... why not be on the show and try to make us care? From what I hear (and again, maybe I'm wrong - you would know better) - CQC could do with more players.

On this subject I just wanted to say I really don't think that's true. Lave Radio has been covering all aspects of the game for 5 years now. CQC is mentioned frequently but the show really could do with a more informed voice talking about it. The show quite recently had a bunch of Powerplay people on and it was fascinating and really informative ('cos I didn't know that much about PowerPlay either). So yeah, we definitely are interested ... why not be on the show and try to make us care? From what I hear (and again, maybe I'm wrong - you would know better) - CQC could do with more players.

I think IL SENATO (?) is the guy who will be talking about CQC on Lave Radio. I don't know him but he seems to have some experience in CQC. And the other veterans who know him seem to be happy that he wants to take part in it. For this you need somebody who is a talker.

If I know the day and time of the broadcast I may listen to it. Link to the radio would help too, but I suppose I can google that ;)

Last edited:
I think IL SENATO (?) is the guy who will be talking about CQC on Lave Radio. I don't know him but he seems to have some experience in CQC. And the other veterans who know him seem to be happy that he wants to take part in it. For this you need somebody who is a talker.

If I know the day and time of the broadcast I may listen to it. Link to the radio would help too, but I suppose I can google that ;)
It's something like twitch.tv/laveradio if you want to catch it live (8:30pm UK time on Tuesday) - I tend to listen on the podcast via iTunes. The mp3's can also be downloaded at laveradio.com (or something like that). I expect @Phoenix_Dfire can provide the official details.

I'll save you a few button clicks...

Lave Radio has been on the go since before the game went live. They are such a part of the game that there was even once an Orange Sidewinder in Lave, created in their honour

Every week they promote CQCC. I doubt I would have taken time out of my busy BGS work to take part in a couple of matches if it weren't for their constant reminding that the Arena is there. I'm looking forward to the CQCC special, and I hope it provides a boost to the number of participants

It's a shame you've declined to be on the show. You are definitely one of the most famous CQCC contestants, but I understand your reasons why you don't want to do the show. To the Orange Sidewinder crew I'd ask that you give shout outs to Musketeer during the show. He might be listening while he's in the arena, and any distractions you can provide would be a help to us less gifted pilots <grin>

But I think they've found someone to talk about CQC already.
Never heard about Lave radio?
Blasphemy! :)

I have been listening almost every week since they got the thing on the rails.

Last edited:
Ah, I remember the Orange Sidewinder. Destroyed thousands of times to feed combat ranks everywhere.

IL SENATO was previously Star_Wraith, he was part of the CQC team that took on SDC a couple of years ago. It's on Youtube somewhere.

I searched for that video, SOLSTICIDE.. interesting how things changed since. Now a squad of top CQC veterans would most likely completely obliterate their opponents in the Arena.

Musketeer, we obliterated them back then in the arena as well. Somewhere between 2 and 3 to 1 on the score. It was a complete turkey shoot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom