Distant Worlds II Event We're going to come back as billionaires!

I've not played for a while, since before the last update and came back for Distance Worlds 2.

I bought a Krait, fitted it out for exploration and took it out for a 5 day test drive. I only went out 1000 ly, stayed out there for 5 days getting used to the new scanning and mapping stuff. Most of the planets I mapped were already discovered but not mapped. I came back and sold my data for more than I got for the entire Distance Worlds 1. Exploration prices seem to have rocketed. One system was worth 16 million where before my record system was just over 4 million!

On a side note, I'm loving the new exploration tools they are awesome. they are some much better than the old system where one honk would show the entire system.

I'm now camped at Pallaeni ready for the off tomorrow :D

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
I've not played for a while, since before the last update and came back for Distance Worlds 2.

I bought a Krait, fitted it out for exploration and took it out for a 5 day test drive. I only went out 1000 ly, stayed out there for 5 days getting used to the new scanning and mapping stuff. Most of the planets I mapped were already discovered but not mapped. I came back and sold my data for more than I got for the entire Distance Worlds 1. Exploration prices seem to have rocketed. One system was worth 16 million where before my record system was just over 4 million!

On a side note, I'm loving the new exploration tools they are awesome. they are some much better than the old system where one honk would show the entire system.

Let's hope nothing bad happens to you on your travels.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
We're going to come back as billionaires!
I'm sure a lot of us are already billionaires. Credits have become far too easy to acquire these days, imo. Still, I hope you have a fun and profitable voyage!

I've been hanging around Pallaeni and nearby systems all week, doing a little tweaking on my AspX. I am much better prepared for DWE 2. The original DWE was my first "real" expedition and I had no idea as to how grueling it would be. With (literally) twice the jump range as the first trip, this voyage should be even more enjoyable. I'm taking the same AspX, but at least it now has a name: Into the Black.

Last edited:
& to think, on DWE my sold data was 250mil.....still it bought me my 'Conda & Elite Explorer. That's what 's going on DWE2.

Though with nearly 4bil in the bank & shed loads of 1st discoveries already, It's not about the credits or scent marking anymore.

Last edited:
I've already made four Billion in exploration-most of that with the previous 'kerching' update a couple of years ago.Probably have 5 bill by DW2 end.

I think I'll buy a solid gold discovery scanner with it...…...

Credits, yeah.... That's a.... number.
It's a .............long number. Which keeps going up.
And once had some kind of relevance.
Honestly it'd be great if there were something to spend it on aside from just gearing up one of every ship in the game.

At some point at game you don´t know what to do with credits only think i can tihing of is die on purpose, got the ships got the billions, nood need for exotic stuff like a mining cutter or so cause all it get me are more credits

Adding another billion won't make much of a difference at this point. But it's still nice to see the number grow anyway. :D

Adding another billion won't make much of a difference at this point. But it's still nice to see the number grow anyway. :D

I haven't played much in the last year, I did DW1, I've been to the core on two other occasions and my total earnings from exploration before I jumped back in were less than 500 million

The funny thing is, now they could make squadron fleet carriers cost billions and it still wouldn't be a big problem.

Last edited:
From what I saw in Fleetcom Discord, there were indeed a couple gankers at the EU launch.

It's not so bad if it happens there. But if it happens 50KLY out....

Though some people were confusing attacks by NPCs on those with cargos as attack by another CMDRs.

I saw NPC attacks at the vistor's beacon. However we did have a ganker in FleetComm at a prior meetup at Brooke's Point.

Already have more credits than I know what to do with, preferring to pilot the small, more agile ships in general, and haven't really been after credits in the game for probably a couple years now or so. But yeah, this'll likely be the first time I'm into the billions of extra spending credits floating around somewhere out there.

I haven't played much in the last year, I did DW1, I've been to the core on two other occasions and my total earnings from exploration before I jumped back in were less than 500 million

Perhaps, but the new surface mapping we have gives something around 4-6x the payout the old Level 3 DSS scan did. A system that I had 100% tagged before 3.3 netted me about 3.7M. I went back and 100% mapped it, earning another 18M.

Coming back billionaires is easily within possibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom