WHAAM! -- 100 Paintjob Concepts For Fun

Awesome awesomeness, Qohen!

The TronVette Federal Corvette and the Milano Imperial Cutter are very sweet indeed. So where can we buy those paint jobs?

"The Qohen Paint Job Pack"

Last edited:
Frontier, perhaps I understated my position on these paint jobs in my previous post. So to put it more bluntly:

1. You hire this guy
2. You implement his paint jobs in game
3. And then my reaction:
747.jpg

Last edited:
:)

Thanks a lot Cmdrs!

You can download my 4K base files by clicking on the pic below (transparent .png + .psd with layer mask) or on the OP.

These are great! Most are far better than anything in the store.
This is a really good example of where FD could loosen the reins and create a modder environment around the game.

The potential is massive - they just lack the imagination.

Frontier, PLEASE.. I need these.

nice paints indeed, unfortunately "painting" a 3D model works a bit different

Projection mapping has been a thing for years, so yes you can paint a 3D model this way. The only reason it wouldn't work is if FDev uses vector maps instead of texture maps.

Hello.

I was bored, so I made a few paintjobs.
I know not all ships are represented. For one, preparing a ship takes between 5 and 10 hours; times 31 that's a lot of time. Secondly, part of the ships are variations on each others.
This is mostly 2-tone, 3-tone colour games on hull compositions, with a minority of complex and details paintjobs. I have a few ideas left, but I don't like it when things drag on for too long :p

EDIT: You can download my 4K base files in the spoilers below (transparent .png + .psd with layer mask)

CLICK ON THE OVERLY LARGE PICTURE BELOW TO VISIT THE ALBUM IN FULL 5120x2880 RESOLUTION

Gonna share my ship base files a bit later on.

Top notch work Commander! o7

Hello.

I was bored, so I made a few paintjobs.
I know not all ships are represented. For one, preparing a ship takes between 5 and 10 hours; times 31 that's a lot of time. Secondly, part of the ships are variations on each others.
This is mostly 2-tone, 3-tone colour games on hull compositions, with a minority of complex and details paintjobs. I have a few ideas left, but I don't like it when things drag on for too long :p

EDIT: You can download my 4K base files in the spoilers below (transparent .png + .psd with layer mask)

CLICK ON THE OVERLY LARGE PICTURE BELOW TO VISIT THE ALBUM IN FULL 5120x2880 RESOLUTION

https://imgur.com/a/Cs0HULm

Gonna share my ship base files a bit later on.

Wow! There is some very cool stuff in here and a lot of insta-buys from me if they made it to the store. Fdev please take note at how good these are and try and emulate them. There are some beauties across the board but I'll go ahead and pick out the type 6 biowaste hauler and the express delivery ones as something I would like to see in general for the Type 9 and 10 as well. The fuel rat and the remlok industries capture the industrial working ship styles needed. Just spotted the CopVette - brilliant. The red and blue stripes could be alternating emissive style.

I could go on but good work cmdr!

Last edited:
Top Bottom