WHAAM! 2 -- 18 Clipper Paintjob Concepts + Chris Foss Cargo Beluga

Technically too complicated to put in the game ?

these paintjobs unfortunately require a LOT of work translate them onto 3D, each side of each part of the ship requires the proper texture cut, assigned, sized and rotated accordingly.

every single part! every side of each! take a look at your ship and start count!

these paintjobs unfortunately require a LOT of work translate them onto 3D, each side of each part of the ship requires the proper texture cut, assigned, sized and rotated accordingly.

every single part! every side of each! take a look at your ship and start count!

Given how current paintjobs look, I doubt it's working like this, on a part-by-part basis.

Some very fine paints, The sad thing is the mandatory blue lights on the clipper that may ruin the overall impression on some of the paints.

cheers
DZ

And here's my laughable attempt at a few DBX paint jobs.
U0ytJYM.png
HI9mbdP.png
scW4XcP.png

These are ridiculously good and have ruined me!!! The stuff in the FDEV store look so pedestrian in comparison!

I remember Asimov’s books all came with Chris Foss covers. Your tribute is a worthy one and brings back such good memories.

Last edited:
Speaking of Chris Foss, I always thought the T6 Turbulence paint packs had a Chris Foss feel to them, made these a while back ..

That’s because way back when they asked the community what they wanted and Chris’s Foss tribute paint job requests were high on the list.

Sexy. All I need now is that paint available on Fed ships and the Keelback, for maximum geometric block colour eye stimulation.

Space “Dazzle Camouflage”

At this rate I'm thinking we need to set up a Community Paintjobs Thread for us all to submit our own designs to.

I'm thinking it'll be a megathread like the Screenies thread full of community paint jobs showing the FD art team how it's done - the aforementioned sticking the knife in and giving it a twist.

I'd love to be the one to start it off and link Qohen's two theads as a starting point but I have nothing to contribute of my own, so it wouldn't be a very good example.

Last edited:
At this rate I'm thinking we need to set up a Community Paintjobs Thread for us all to submit our own designs to.

I'm thinking it'll be a megathread like the Screenies thread full of community paint jobs showing the FD art team how it's done - the aforementioned sticking the knife in and giving it a twist.

I'd love to be the one to start it off and link Qohen's two theads as a starting point but I have nothing to contribute of my own, so it wouldn't be a very good example.

What we need is for FD to finally open up paintschemes to the genpub, and/or provide us some more custom tools. We've been bugging them over this for literally years. AFAIK they've seen OP's work in his 100 skins thread, and only a blind person would think they're not inclusion-worthy. There has to be some kind of stupid back-channel reason we can't have nice things in terms of paint.

Even MWO has a more enjoyable paint arrangement, where you can buy colour palettes for everything you own independent of the per-mech paintwork designs, which can then be further customized with all your owned palette colours. Even works on the special snowflake custom paints. Just some middling investment with your pizza monies provides massive amounts of style choices per ride and across rides.

Top Bottom