What animals would you like to see in JWE2? What is your wishlist?

You can blame Walking with Monsters for not specifying their gorgonopsid on screen.
Even so, it wouldn't really matter, unless you were really wondering what it was based on.

Gorgonops is its identification in an encyclopedia book that I have about the series.

Last edited:
LOL, I like the whole group of Gorgonopsids, I like that name as well, wouldn't mind it if they use it, as I love mythology, and the gorgons were awesome!

I know :/

But a Therizino without feathers is not a Therizino. And frankly, if it's in the game and it's some Jurassic World-style monstrosity, I'll wait for mods to come out to buy the game. Because I refuse to have a featherless therizino. I can "accept" raptor without feathers because of the canon, but a dino that's not part of the canon doesn't have feathers... It sucks.

If even Ark's Therizino has feathers, why not one for JWE2? (Sonhar mais um sonho impossível)
cries in Dino Crisis

I know :/

But a Therizino without feathers is not a Therizino. And frankly, if it's in the game and it's some Jurassic World-style monstrosity, I'll wait for mods to come out to buy the game. Because I refuse to have a featherless therizino. I can "accept" raptor without feathers because of the canon, but a dino that's not part of the canon doesn't have feathers... It sucks.

If even Ark's Therizino has feathers, why not one for JWE2? (Sonhar mais um sonho impossível)
Well, technically it is. No feather evidence has ever been found on Therizinosaurus

also Shantungosaurus is bigger so more special than Edmontosaurus Boringalis.
Edmontosaurus has tens of fully complete skeletons and had a maximum length of 15 meters.
Shant is literally a few fragments which may or may not be slightly bigger.
Liking QuIrKy and ObScUrE species just because they are obscure does not make you special.

Well, technically it is. No feather evidence has ever been found on Therizinosaurus
But feathers are found in others therizinosauroids, like beipiaosaurus. And you are right too, theres no evidence of feathers in Therizinosaurus, and there aren't that many bones either. But given the fact that others therizinosauroids had feathers and that the Therizinosaurus is a mongolian dinosaur (a place where many feathered dinosaurs were found), it's not crazy to say he had feathers, and this seems like a consensus among several paleontologists, i think.

In the end, I just prefer feathers. They bring something unique to the Jurassic franchise's scale-lizard dinos. And in the game, I believe feathers would bring something cool to look at. Colorful and with very different patterns. So that's why I want a Theri full of feathers.

Edmontosaurus has tens of fully complete skeletons and had a maximum length of 15 meters.
Shant is literally a few fragments which may or may not be slightly bigger.
Liking QuIrKy and ObScUrE species just because they are obscure does not make you special.
It even has preserved skin and everything, like the color patterns. It is one of the most known dinosaurs about what it was like in life. But Edmontosaurus is a boring animal in the frist game. I don't object if he comes back or not, but if it comes back, it will need an improvement.

I like Shant because of The Island, it was fun killing other dinos with him. But, irl, weren't they bigger than a rex? I suggested the Shant because of this detail, to at least have a Hadrosaur capable of defending and fighting back against carnivores

But feathers are found in others therizinosauroids, like beipiaosaurus. And you are right too, theres no evidence of feathers in Therizinosaurus, and there aren't that many bones either. But given the fact that others therizinosauroids had feathers and that the Therizinosaurus is a mongolian dinosaur (a place where many feathered dinosaurs were found), it's not crazy to say he had feathers, and this seems like a consensus among several paleontologists, i think.

In the end, I just prefer feathers. They bring something unique to the Jurassic franchise's scale-lizard dinos. And in the game, I believe feathers would bring something cool to look at. Colorful and with very different patterns. So that's why I want a Theri full of feathers.
The problem with saying Therizinosaurus had feathers (Tyrannosaurus too) is that there's no biological reason for them to have feathers beyond "their relatives had them"... I mean, they can't fly obviously, their size means insulation was likely unnecessary... at most, maybe they would work to attract mated. I like a feathered dinosaur as much as the next person, but there's better evidence these guys weren't feathered than were...

It even has preserved skin and everything, like the color patterns. It is one of the most known dinosaurs about what it was like in life. But Edmontosaurus is a boring animal in the frist game. I don't object if he comes back or not, but if it comes back, it will need an improvement.

I like Shant because of The Island, it was fun killing other dinos with him. But, irl, weren't they bigger than a rex? I suggested the Shant because of this detail, to at least have a Hadrosaur capable of defending and fighting back against carnivores
Edmontosaurus is also larger than Rex, and co-existed with them. I like to imagine Edmonto being like a gigantic moose, looking unassuming, but can be devastating when provoked.

Edmontosaurus is also larger than Rex, and co-existed with them. I like to imagine Edmonto being like a gigantic moose, looking unassuming, but can be devastating when provoked.
So, the Edmontosaurus in JWE 1 was diminished or was it another species of Edmontosaurus?

If he came back, it would probably be the exact same animal, wouldn't it? Just with a few modifications here and there. So I think if I were to put two Edmontusaurs or Ed and a Shant, I think it makes more sense to be the Edmunto we know and a fresh face to be the giant hadrosaur, in this case, the Shant.

Or I'm talking nonsensesand Frontier won't do anything to counter the greatness of the Rex. I already doubt that Brachi will be able to defend himself, Who will say wish a hadrosaur bigger than the Rex and still able to fight against him. The universal would never allow :cry:

The problem with saying Therizinosaurus had feathers (Tyrannosaurus too) is that there's no biological reason for them to have feathers beyond "their relatives had them"... I mean, they can't fly obviously, their size means insulation was likely unnecessary... at most, maybe they would work to attract mated. I like a feathered dinosaur as much as the next person, but there's better evidence these guys weren't feathered than were...
That makes sense... Welp, now I can only hope for yutyrannus to enter the roster... Fronteir can't leave him without feathers, can they?

So, the Edmontosaurus in JWE 1 was diminished or was it another species of Edmontosaurus?

If he came back, it would probably be the exact same animal, wouldn't it? Just with a few modifications here and there. So I think if I were to put two Edmontusaurs or Ed and a Shant, I think it makes more sense to be the Edmunto we know and a fresh face to be the giant hadrosaur, in this case, the Shant.

Or I'm talking nonsensesand Frontier won't do anything to counter the greatness of the Rex. I already doubt that Brachi will be able to defend himself, Who will say wish a hadrosaur bigger than the Rex and still able to fight against him. The universal would never allow :cry:
Sigh... dude, there were lots of things in JWE that could kill a Rex... mostly large carnivores... which were also incredibly overpowered versus herbivores themselves... so it's not like Tyrannosaurus was all that unique or privileged...

Last edited:
Tyrannosaurus was all that unique or privileged...

Before an update, Rex was giant, bigger than the Spino (In the canon, Spino was bigger than Rex.) Ok, I can be exaggerating a little, but there was a hint of favoritism in him in the first game. We can't forget that Rex is almost the franchise's mascot and that Univeral has a hand in the game production. So... Everything is possible.

My problem is that we know the Rax can hunt Brachi, but we don't know if other apex carnivores can, or if Brachi will be able to defend himself.

Before an update, Rex was giant, bigger than the Spino (In the canon, Spino was bigger than Rex.) Ok, I can be exaggerating a little, but there was a hint of favoritism in him in the first game. We can't forget that Rex is almost the franchise's mascot and that Univeral has a hand in the game production. So... Everything is possible.

My problem is that we know the Rax can hunt Brachi, but we don't know if other apex carnivores can, or if Brachi will be able to defend himself.
They also massively oversized the Ceratosaurus and the Giganotosaurus was the size of an Allosaurus... there were a lot of strange decisions made with JWE and the dinosaurs weren't the only ones...

We know almost nothing about large carnivores outside of the Rex... heck, we only know Acro and Allo are in because some journalist says so. It's a little soon to assume anything right now, but considering they are thought to hunt sauropods in real life, I would think they will in JWE 2 as well... we need to be patient before we judge.

they used regalis rather than annectens

Confirmed animals so far: 21/75

1 - Acrocanthosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
2 - Allosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
3 - Amargasaurus (Land Dinosaur)
4 - Ankylosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
5 - Baryonyx (Land Dinosaur)
6 - Brachiosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
7 - Camarasaurus (Land Dinosaur)
8 - Chasmosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
9 - Coelophysis (Land Dinosaur)
10 - Corythosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
11 - Dracorex (Land Dinosaur)
12 - Gallimimus (Land Dinosaur)
13 - Mosasaurus (Marine Reptile)
14 - Nasutoceratops (Land Dinosaur)
15 - Pachycephalosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
16 - Pteranodon (Flying Reptile)
17 - Stegosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
18 - Triceratops (Land Dinosaur)
19 - T. Rex (Land Dinosaur)
20 - Torosaurus (Land Dinosaur)
21 - Raptors (Land Dinosaur)

Possibly Confirmed: (But it's not 100% sure, just 90% or less)

Dreadnoughtus
Edmontosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Diplodocus/Apatosaurus (I don't know, he was far away in the video)
Nigersaurus and Albertosaurus (Image used in the first game, not sure if it means something. It can be changed in the final version and they are not present.)

If these dinosaurs are confirmed the list increases to: 27/75.
No new species (that wasn't in the first game) have been confirmed. Sad. What did you think of the dev diary?
The list has been updated, so far, no new species (New species = Dinosaurs that were NOT in the first game). So, what do you think of the dev diary? I'm looking forward to being able to play with the new customization tools and create a beautiful nature reserve! Or a "Site B" in Sandbox.

Top Bottom