What are the benefits om ranking up in militaries?

I've found myself climbing the Federation rank's slowly but surely over the last two days and I don't know what bennefits I may or may not be getting but I just reached Midshipman in Federation rank and am curious.

Last edited:
Federation rank unlocks special system permits such as the SOL system and also the Federal Dropship at rank "ensign".
right now thats the only unlockable ship for the federation, but more will likely be added in the future such as the Federal corvette.

Federation rank unlocks special system permits such as the SOL system and also the Federal Dropship at rank "ensign".
right now thats the only unlockable ship for the federation, but more will likely be added in the future such as the Federal corvette.

What about the other's? Can I rank up all at once? I hope I can't, and they make me choose just one.

What about the other's? Can I rank up all at once? I hope I can't, and they make me choose just one.

you can rank up both federation/alliance and empire rank at once, they are not in open war whit each other atm, but who knows that might change in the future to.
the empire also unlocks some special system and the imperial currier an the imperial clipper ships.
the alliance does not have any ranks or ships, but will give you some special system permits if you gain reputation whit some of their minor factions.

if you like to stick to a team where you work for one group only then maybe you should check out the power play powers.

Last edited:
you can rank up both federation/alliance and empire rank at once, they are not in open war whit each other atm, but who knows that might change in the future to.
the empire also unlocks some special system and the imperial currier an the imperial clipper ships.
the alliance does not have any ranks or ships, but will give you some special system permits if you gain reputation whit some of their minor factions.

if you like to stick to a team where you work for one group only then maybe you should check out the power play powers.

Already have, but am building my own personal fleet before pledging to anyone. Thank's dude.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you rank up these factions?

there is no such thing as stupid questions :)

you rank up by doing bulletin missions for minor factions that are aligned to the major ones, eventually when you have done enough you will be offered a naval rank up mission.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you rank up these factions?

Not stupid at all, heck I only found out about rank's by accident when after a mission I was notified I was promoted to Cadet then looked and figured out what must've caused it.

Last edited:
I'm currently Lt. Commander in the Federation.... I found it worth it to make Ensign since the Fed Drop Ship is highly underrated and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I have no idea why I even take other missions to raise my rank, I just have - although there is no benefit so far.

-Often times the missions you take on require killing a non-wanted ship, so be prepared for "Wanted" status in a few systems.

Last edited:
I'm currently Lt. Commander in the Federation.... I found it worth it to make Ensign since the Fed Drop Ship is highly underrated and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I have no idea why I even take other missions to raise my rank, I just have - although there is no benefit so far.

-Often times the missions you take on require killing a non-wanted ship, so be prepared for "Wanted" status in a few systems.

I got a salvage mission both times I was up for promotion.

Top Bottom