What are we going to do.......

When the PS5 comes out and the controller doesn't have the touch pad? That's 4 mapped buttons.... GONE!

I mean, I know the PS5 will be backwards compatible, and it will run Elite for us PS plebs better than ever, but what if Sony says bye-bye to the touch pad?

THE HORROR. THE ABSOLUTE HORROR.

When the PS5 comes out and the controller doesn't have the touch pad? That's 4 mapped buttons.... GONE!

I mean, I know the PS5 will be backwards compatible, and it will run Elite for us PS plebs better than ever, but what if Sony says bye-bye to the touch pad?

THE HORROR. THE ABSOLUTE HORROR.
It will have touch pad as it needs PS4 game compliance... or PS4 BC is going to be a high failure rate as many titles don't have controll remap function...
Many first party titles on PS4 games use It exclusively...
As has been allready shown and leaked on the demo unit that developers have been shown as it goes around asking for there feed back, Mark Cerny has been playing PS5 enhanced titles with the DS4...
A DS5 is likely but with a rebuilt functions even more focused on VR use... but the touch pad will be needed...

People love the touchpad and a lot of games that are cross platform use it to make the game better on PS4 vs. other consoles so the DS5 will have to have it.

Agree with others here. I can't believe that a popular and well worked function will be removed from the next gen console. Especially since it differentiates PS from Xbox.

I wonder if the current game pads will also be compatible with the PS5. Got a couple of lovely camo controllers.
I sure hope so, as I too have a collection of DS4 controllers that I like. I also hope PS5 maintains backwards-compatibility with things like HOTAS. I have a wonderful PS3 Thrustmaster that my PS4 refuses to work with, GRRRRR....

The only thing I think could improve the ds4 is Xbox pad like triggers with the haptic feedback on them. The rest is all good as is.

The only thing I think could improve the ds4 is Xbox pad like triggers with the haptic feedback on them. The rest is all good as is.

I still like the d-pad on the DS better than the circular d-pad on the xbox controller though. It's way more precise.

I grew up in the NES/PS2 days, and learned to play fighting games and such with the d-pad. I never used arcade sticks or analogs because I learned on d-pad and that's what I stuck with. I switched to an xbox 360 for a while, and absolutely hated their d-pad as you couldn't do precise inputs much of the time, because of the circular shape.

This gen I switched back to PS4, mainly because I liked their exclusives and I went through about 4 xbox360s due to overheating issues. My Hadoukens and Shoryukens came back.

Top Bottom