Work In Progress What are you doing in my swamp ... Spanky's Adventures with Shrek

Edit: Actually, I opened this thread because I needed some help with my objects. Meanwhile, I am slowly approaching Blender and the TMT. For this reason, I have given the thread a new title and will gradually show my "works" here.

After a (in my opinion very) long training period, it seems like I can finally bring in my first objects. But obviously I still have some problems with the texture.

The sign is missing in my view, the color, if you look at it from the front. The whole object looks pale .

Both during the day and at night, when ILLUMINATED FROM ABOVE.

7gNdOiT.jpg

BtHyKRm.jpg

Looking at the sign from below or lighting it at night FROM BELOW, the colors are bright.

P4XiCYX.jpg

DjVKWYP.jpg

What have I done wrong here.

Another "problem" is that object is invisible from the backside. I could imagine that I did something wrong with reducing of polygons and maybe must recalculate the model, but maybe it's another issue and you can help me out here with some helpful hints

f19dfuS.jpg

Any helpful hint is much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
Another "problem" is that object is invisible from the backside. I could imagine that I did something wrong with reducing of polygons and maybe must recalculate the model . . .

I can answer this one -- PlanCo has forced backface culling, which means that they save resources by only rendering the front of each polygon. You can see this in-game with the Grand Galilean -- move your camera inside the ship and most of it disappears. If you want the back of your sign to show, you have to model that with the normals facing out -- hope that's clear enough. [redface]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Nice work on your Shrek TMT items! Good luck with learning how to make TMT items.

I look forward to more of your adventures with Shrek! :D

P.S. on your request I have moved this thread to the Completed Items section and have renamed the thread.

As Patreon of Sdanwolf, I was allowed to wish for a building or vehicle. I wished for the school bus from "Shrek The Third" and the result is just great. Thanks a lot for this.

qNSJpEf.jpg

I've posted that picture also in another thread, but the picture also shows another attempt by me to design a sign (Farbucks). A funny fact by the way is that Sdanwolf himself has tried on Shrek's swamp [uhh]. But I think Planet Coaster was still in alpha phase at this time.

SBsypHT.jpg

We need signs like this very much, but why made everyone special signs. The Shrek-Sign is good, but we need signs, we can use for every park and not only for a Disney Park or Shrek Themed Area. Thats my problem whit the Toolkit stuff. I like it very much, but I don´t need it for my parks. I have tried to make more usefull things, but I have not the patience to work with blender, max 3d.....

But I can make textures for that. An example

Last edited:
We share the same creation theme

I just knew that someone else is doing something with Shrek!!! [tongue][big grin][big grin][big grin]
Once I found a character uploaded to workshop, I knew that another Shrek creation of some sort must be in progress...
But that's so cool! As far as I know there wasn't any significant Shrek-themed Planet Coaster ride (not to mention the whole park) and now there are gonna be two!!! Your work looks pretty cool so far!
I started working on mine in November and with longer and shorter breaks, I would say that today I'm almost halfway done with the park named 'SHREK LAND'.
I'm taking my time though since it turned out to be pretty big piece of land and I created much more than I expected...
I'm also slowly learning how to model and how to upload TMT items since I plan to feature as many Shrek characters as possible.
I'll soon (hopefully next week) upload my very first models I've been working on - Pinocchio and the first, early version of princess Fiona. Make sure to check them out! Mayby we could share some work on TMT items or simply work together not only to avoid creating the same characters twice but to have 'them' done sooner than later ;) Good luck with your creation! [up][wink] I'm looking forward to see more updates from your park ;)

Attachments

• shrekland advert.png
    shrekland advert.png
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 121
Spanky, that is just marvelous!! [big grin]

Thank you very much Fisherman [heart]

I just knew that someone else is doing something with Shrek!!! [tongue][big grin][big grin][big grin]
Once I found a character uploaded to workshop, I knew that another Shrek creation of some sort must be in progress...
But that's so cool! As far as I know there wasn't any significant Shrek-themed Planet Coaster ride (not to mention the whole park) and now there are gonna be two!!! Your work looks pretty cool so far!
I started working on mine in November and with longer and shorter breaks, I would say that today I'm almost halfway done with the park named 'SHREK LAND'.
I'm taking my time though since it turned out to be pretty big piece of land and I created much more than I expected...
I'm also slowly learning how to model and how to upload TMT items since I plan to feature as many Shrek characters as possible.
I'll soon (hopefully next week) upload my very first models I've been working on - Pinocchio and the first, early version of princess Fiona. Make sure to check them out! Mayby we could share some work on TMT items or simply work together not only to avoid creating the same characters twice but to have 'them' done sooner than later ;) Good luck with your creation! [up][wink] I'm looking forward to see more updates from your park ;)

Wow, GoldenEscape ... I never thought that there is such a crazy thing as me, especially since the films are not really up to date. Your Park-Logo looks great. Especially the shield and the Shrek Character are awesome. In any case, I have a great deal of respect for the people who build such logos like this from the small art shapes.

Unfortunetelly I've lost all most of my work, after a new install of Windows on my PC, because I didn't upload my creations to the workshop and don't made a backup of the files from the programs folder.

But since I've been working on the topic of Shrek and theme parks for years, now it does not matter anymore to a month. Actually, my story could start like this ... Once upon a time ....

Shrek's Swamp in RCT3 2012:

iL9F6nM.jpg

Shrek Swamp in Planet Coaster 2019 (now lost version)

r3qyMMW.jpg

With all the new TMT-items I get more ideas how I can build the park better than before. And the Shrek Character isn't the only TMT-item which I have finished yet. [wink]

After making the same mistake (wrong name for textures) about 10 times over and over again and thanks to the great help of Ms.RedNebula I finished my first signs.

Village Forest Before:

HxLgwsN.jpg

Village Forest After:

BsGlZRD.jpg

I'm very curious about your upcoming TMT items. I can highly recommend to watch the tutorial videos from different community members like Ms.RedNebula, WhatsUP LucasUP? or Jason Stover on YouTube. This videos are very helpful if you have a "problem".

With our shared passion for Shrek, I would like to work with you at some point on a joint park project.

A little update of my Shrek Park. The village forest has been enlarged a bit and should later lead directly into Shrek's swamp.

D14Uy5OX0AA27Cz.jpg

After 12 years I was back in nature again and had to realize that my old hedges from RCT3 had grown quite a bit. So it's time to cut this one off. (I was surprised that I already released "Spanky's Hedges & Topiaries" for RCT3 back in 2007. How the time flies?)

Only a stump is left of it that you can see better in daylight.

D140UFMWkAIcjiS.jpg

And you can download it in my workshop (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686189756)

Top Bottom