Game Discussions What are you playing while ED waits for Odyssey?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My recent ED gaming has dried up...

1. FCs dropped.
  2. Everyone was LTD mining making credits...
  3. Nerfs wiped out mining... And FC travel!
  4. Partial fixes to mining came (specifically tritium mining) after it was broken in the LTD nurf.
  5. But by then I'd lost interest...
Now I play NMS 😎😆 and read the ED forum... (Which is also very quiet of late)

I suspect I'm not the only one doing something other than playing ED atm... What's your alternative? I tried to play the Outer Wilds but the flight model is horrible! Landing on the other planets is just way too painful. Time played... 2.8 hours = no refund.

Still, NMS is awesome these days! 😃😎🤪 no doubt I'll return when Odyssey drops...

I have park my explo ship about 3500 ly from the Bubble, waiting for Odyssey. Sometimes I'm jumping to the game for hour or so to make some relaxaing exploration.
In a meantime I'm playing Witcher: Wild Hunt, trying to complete all the side quests. Absolutely all of them.

1. FCs dropped.
  4. Partial fixes to mining came (specifically tritium mining) after it was broken in the LTD nurf.

I suspect I'm not the only one doing something other than playing ED atm... What's your alternative? I tried to play the Outer Wilds but the flight model is horrible! Landing on the other planets is just way too painful. Time played... 2.8 hours = no refund.

Still, NMS is awesome these days! 😃😎🤪 no doubt I'll return when Odyssey drops...
I'm playing ED, and BG2:TOB

I'm going through the XCOM series from the 90's. I bought as a 5 game cheap bundle from Steam.

Already finished Enemy Unknown & Terror From The Deep, on with Apocalypse atm:alien:

While the LTD was on a frenzy, I was doing Painite to get the FC. And by the time I got the FC, all the LTD, nerfs and fix just flew by.

I'm now on my FC trying to play out of the bubble, not far, just about 3000 ly away, to have a trial how to survive. I do have enough Tritium reserves, but I try to use and top up only from the depot. It's like an hour of jump and next few days topping up the Tritium. Not sure how long I can go on this. My last Tritium mining was only 50 ton played half asleep. My exploring interest is sadly, limited to finding Tritium hot spots.

Edit : I seldom play other games, on PS4 platform, even though I'm a member and got at least 2 free games a month. Just hate learning new sets of control. But I did try the current Street Fighter V offering.

Last edited:
I'm still playing Elite, exploring (so far in vain) for a first discovery of anything Guardian related.

Beside Elite, I'm playing 7 Days 2 Die with a couple of friends again and I am somewhat tempted to buy Crusader Kings III. hmm...I could also start a new city in Cities: Skylines now that I think about it. And then there's this mysterious announcement of an announcement regarding something new coming to Conan Exiles. Ah, so many games to play. Just why are we stuck on a planet with just 24h per day?!

While the LTD was on a frenzy, I was doing Painite to get the FC. And by the time I got the FC, all the LTD, nerfs and fix just flew by.

I'm now on my FC trying to play out of the bubble, not far, just about 3000 ly away, to have a trial how to survive. I do have enough Tritium reserves, but I try to use and top up only from the depot. It's like an hour of jump and next few days topping up the Tritium. Not sure how long I can go on this. My last Tritium mining was only 50 ton played half asleep. My exploring interest is sadly, limited to finding Tritium hot spots.

Edit : I seldom play other games, on PS4 platform, even though I'm a member and got at least 2 free games a month. Just hate learning new sets of control. But I did try the current Street Fighter V offering.

This... Is why I'm playing other games atm.😔

I have park my explo ship about 3500 ly from the Bubble, waiting for Odyssey. Sometimes I'm jumping to the game for hour or so to make some relaxaing exploration.
In a meantime I'm playing Witcher: Wild Hunt, trying to complete all the side quests. Absolutely all of them.

I've got witcher 3... Not got into it much so I might give that another go! Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Beside Elite, I've been playing A LOT of Shadow of War lately (Shadow of Mordor didn't quite live up to the hype, but SoW is very very solid), some Baldur's Gate 2 again, and the EGS recently gifted me Shadowrun Hong Kong, so I'll be doing some of that when I'm done with SoW (the first two Shadowrun games by HBS were very well done so I'm looking forward to it).

Hmm... some time ago I got hooked with Satisfactory. Then I went for a vacation and bought Fallout 3 GOTY (it was cheaper than single expansion I was missing). Recently I'm in the middle of Torment: Tides of Numenera. Had it since release, tried to play like 3 times, never got past 2h. Now I finally have time and patience for that title.

Aside from playing I also work with my hobbies - RC stuff. Almost finished my fishing cutter, dismantled one trail truck to make other move and recently bought brand new one which I'm having great time with.

1. FCs dropped.

I'm still playing E:D :)
Plenty more exploring, mining and missions to do.

Then again I've been wondering about getting back to NMS myself, been a while and everyone seems to agree it is in a really good place now.

Elder Scrolls Online and Crusader Kings III mainly.
Truth be told, I've always been sort of a seasonal ED player, though it isn't entirely unlikely that the next season will coincide with Odyssey.

I’m trying to max out everything in Farcry 5 whilst I wait for Farcry 6,which according to the rule of “every even number Farcry game is dreadful” will be short lived. So there’s a window of opportunity that ED can spark my interest and then we’re into Cyberpunk.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom