Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Aw man, now I want a bun!
This is my bun. He's doing his Anaconda impression.
7JLSIHa.png

Well, I just watched Picard - interesting, it pulled me in with nostalgia, and its first episode earned another 3-4 to make its case (even if I do sit here rather smugly having called every twist/element so far - yeah, ok, not so hard to do, indulge me :p).

I look forward to the next installment - I only saw the very first teaser trailer for it, so please, 'spoiler' anything else that might have been released, I like coming to stuff like this cold :cool:

The Expanse viewing is postponed until tomorrow - I'm terrible for wanting to watch things episodically rather than just binging through 'em, whereas my dear Goth will sit and mainline episode after episode.

Time for some 'sploring, maybe a little VO mining to see what all the 'nerf' fuss is about 🤪

I went into open :eek:

I wanted to just sit outside Jameson and do some wake scanning whilst listening to some suitable choons. After I'd had enough of that, it was time for bed (said Zebedee) so I engaged the DC to take in me for a nice cup of brandy hot chocolate before hitting the sack.

Some boy-racer type with no L-plates (perhaps go-faster stripes, loud exhaust pipes and a neon blue glow underneath) in a Dolphin hurtled out of the mail slot and gave ne head-on insta-migraine. The goit. Mr Flibble is very angry.

Back to solo for moi!

:ROFLMAO:

Picard: I did not live my life, I was waiting for my death.

Wow, beyond doubts, that's one we could use for the book of eternal Star Trek quotes, pending Captain's permission.

Sir?

Hmmm, make it so!

Captain?

Yes?

This is from the personal files or Cmdr. Spock, and it is very unusual. As you know, Vulcans do not believe in premonition, but this....

What is it?

His thesis is.... well, it is arguing the theory that in the future Romulans would join forces with the Borg....

Coughs.... Excuse me?

🖖

Last edited:
Picard: I did not live my life, I was waiting for my death.

Wow, beyond doubts, that's one we could use for the book of eternal Star Trek quotes, pending Captain's permission.

Sir?

Hmmm, make it so!

Captain?

Yes?

This is from the personal files or Cmdr. Spock, and it is very unusual. As you know, Vulcans do not believe in premonition, but this....

What is it?

His thesis is.... well, it is arguing the theory that in the future Romulans would join forces with the Borg....

Coughs.... Excuse me?
🖖

Steady on, old bean... you're approaching spoiler territory :D

Spoiler?

Fascinating stereotype human misjudgement.

Deductive logic dictates that if premises are true and the terms are clear, the conclusion reached must be necessarily true, hence it is logical that....

Sighs.....Yes, thank you for this certainly most interesting excurse, but we shall discuss it at a later stage.

All stations.... Red alert....

My trade rank is now Tycoon, the last rank before Elite. I was really happy when that happened.

Initially I went to Sothis and Ceos just get enough rank to get a permission to Sol system, but then I thought I'd stay and make some more credits and unlock the smaller federal ships.

I am now the rank of Lieutenant and will keep going till I unlock the Corvette. At the moment I have no use of such a ship, but if I want one in the future, it's nice to have the rank for it, and besides that I really like doing trade missions as I find it super relaxing, and as a bonus I make a lot of credits :)

Still exploring my way along the 'generation artefact line', decided to stop and noodle about on the occasional surface, collect a few mats, see the sights:

lo76yFf.png

Didn't actually manage to get any SRV shots... I'm not the greatest driver, takes a lot of focus :oops:

Obligatory 'leaving the planet' shot:

jJulY6G.png

Well, I did get one SRV shot on the next planet...

8KYybi7.png

Yeah, wedged good and proper, all wheels off the ground, thrusters just turn the SRV into a rocking horse.

Stuck fast.

In the end, I opted to 'recover to orbit' - bit of a cop out, but it was late, I was tired and I had taken an ill advised forum jaunt, so it was time to cut the loses and call it a night.

Never did get any VO mining done. Maybe today. Though I do have a D&D game to run tomorrow, so I need to make sure I devote enough time to preparing for that, else I'll have a bunch of disapointed nerds to appease!

My trade rank is now Tycoon, the last rank before Elite. I was really happy when that happened.

Initially I went to Sothis and Ceos just get enough rank to get a permission to Sol system, but then I thought I'd stay and make some more credits and unlock the smaller federal ships.

I am now the rank of Lieutenant and will keep going till I unlock the Corvette. At the moment I have no use of such a ship, but if I want one in the future, it's nice to have the rank for it, and besides that I really like doing trade missions as I find it super relaxing, and as a bonus I make a lot of credits :)

I concur. It's how I make money too. A good little shuttle run is HIP8758-HIP8444. Especially when you get allied with all the factions. It's especially good for building Empire rank too and all missions from 8444 go to 8758 so it's stacktastic fun. Need a good cargo carrying meduim ship to take advantage though - my Python, for example, can carry 280t and that works a treat.

180t of paladium net's 10mCR on its own there.

I concur. It's how I make money too. A good little shuttle run is HIP8758-HIP8444. Especially when you get allied with all the factions. It's especially good for building Empire rank too and all missions from 8444 go to 8758 so it's stacktastic fun. Need a good cargo carrying meduim ship to take advantage though - my Python, for example, can carry 280t and that works a treat.

180t of paladium net's 10mCR on its own there.

Cool I've written down the systems you mentioned so when I want to do the Empire rank I know where to go, thanks!

Top Bottom