Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

You mean the spikes? You can identify them flying away with the rectangle around them when they show up, then mark them and follow their trajectory, they come down fatser than the tribbles, but 95% you can catch them because they go up first giving you ample time to steer into the right direction. Some go horizontal, forget them choose next.
Yes i get that,i have managed to pick up a couple that way,although misssing them happened more often than not. No,i was referring to the fact that i can't pick them up initially on the radar,so i had to eyeball every outcrop in situ,and either my eyesight is no longer up to the task.,(an increasingly likely scenario), or i simply wasn't close enough.In the end i opted for collecting mats in rings and belts,where i had modest luck in finding the iron and nickle i needed to repair my hull.Our circumstances are different,however,and this was several months ago, so as you say,things may have changed for the better.We live in hope.:) (y)

Quick question for you if I may: how did you get that graphic you use in your sig? I assume it's from Inara somewhere...

Yeah when you go to your profile page there's a list of links over on the left beginning with Overview, Ranks And Reputation, etc. The bottoms says Misc And Signature, you can create it from there. I need to update mine now that you mention it, I've gone up a rank in Combat since then.

Decided to take a quick hop to The Bug Killer to stock up on some mats.

bDIOl7D.jpg

While I was there, Thargoid Theo turned up as usual and honked me.

vrgGZvr.jpg

kAojlEM.jpg

It was getting a little rumbunctious so I threatened it with my guns.

YH84rS0.jpg

I think it just laughed at me and sent my nav panel all wierd.

HIdUNaH.jpg

Anyway, I'm staying parked there for a bit to pick up more ruthenium and tellurium even though I've maxed the adaptive encryptions capture.

Spent most of the evening plotting a route that will get me the closest to my chosen destination.Getting frustratingly close (99% twice now,so i'm in the right area) before everything turns nogo red.
Finally found one which is on the limit of normal range( about 46ly effective) 279 jumps away, on the far side of the outer arm,and within striking distance of the halo with assisted boost.
I'm quite looking forward to the challenge,now, but i've got to get there first. :giggle:

Last edited:
We know Fe sells EPT's and this got me to wondering... I haven't travelled around all of my engineers to check, but do any of the others sell modules that your can't get from standard outfitting?

We know Fe sells EPT's and this got me to wondering... I haven't travelled around all of my engineers to check, but do any of the others sell modules that your can't get from standard outfitting?

Trying to decode the cryptics... ;) Farseer... enhanced power whatever that was? I have not unlocked all Eng. yet, but perhaps others know.

While we are in the question round, anyone happen to know how many (total) encoded and raw mats are in the potjes once filled to the brim? I fogot to check when at material traders, and could not find a link to tell what the total amount is, I can say that manufactured accounts for ...:eek: 10,000!

Did some more jumps up at the roof of the galaxy yesterday (roughly 8500 ly while listening the "The Three Body Problem" as an audiobook), and ended up straight above Sag A*. It's ~2800 ly below. Before I go there, I'll try and see if it's possible to climb even higher. Not very likely, since the "record" altitude is said to be 3173 ly above Sol:

It's not too far away from where I am, so I might try and go there before taking the dive towards the big black hole. I probably have to plan it carefully, having only a 4C fuel tank on the Conda. So far though, it hasn't been a problem.

Roger and out 👨‍🚀

Decided to take a quick hop to The Bug Killer to stock up on some mats.

bDIOl7D.jpg

While I was there, Thargoid Theo turned up as usual and honked me.

vrgGZvr.jpg

kAojlEM.jpg

It was getting a little rumbunctious so I threatened it with my guns.

YH84rS0.jpg

I think it just laughed at me and sent my nav panel all wierd.

HIdUNaH.jpg

Anyway, I'm staying parked there for a bit to pick up more ruthenium and tellurium even though I've maxed the adaptive encryptions capture.
Hmm. I might just jump over there and give them a good spanking.
Not in the SRV obvs.:LOL:

(I've tried it in the SRV. Oops.)🚑

Just arrived at the Center. What a beautiful trip. I couldn't get any higher than 2850 ly, so I decided to take the plunge, and what a plunge that was! The view approaching the core from up there is, well...

HighResScreenShot_2020-02-17_19-50-57 (2).jpg
HighResScreenShot_2020-02-17_20-12-06.jpg

Next up is Sag A*, and then I think I think I saw the Pinwheel Galaxy through the Milky Way, so I'll have to go down instead of up, to see what the sky looks like down there.

When selling my data at the station I got a lot of these screens. What do they mean?

HighResScreenShot_2020-02-17_20-58-56 (2).jpg

Can I name them? :)

Trying to decode the cryptics... ;) Farseer... enhanced power whatever that was? I have not unlocked all Eng. yet, but perhaps others know.

While we are in the question round, anyone happen to know how many (total) encoded and raw mats are in the potjes once filled to the brim? I fogot to check when at material traders, and could not find a link to tell what the total amount is, I can say that manufactured accounts for ...:eek: 10,000!
for the more common types,i think the limit is 300,for the rarer types 200,and everything in between 250.Not much help i'm afraid, but my electronic photon thingummyjig worked fine last time i checked. In fact, i think it's still in its box. :giggle:

Just arrived at the Center. What a beautiful trip. I couldn't get any higher than 2850 ly, so I decided to take the plunge, and what a plunge that was! The view approaching the core from up there is, well...

View attachment 162604 View attachment 162605

Next up is Sag A*, and then I think I think I saw the Pinwheel Galaxy through the Milky Way, so I'll have to go down instead of up, to see what the sky looks like down there.

When selling my data at the station I got a lot of these screens. What do they mean?

View attachment 162609
They mean you are the first to find 13 planets and or stars in eight systems, on that page, and are now (a) rich(er) and (b) famous, well your name is tagged to them as discoverer.

Can I name them? :)

Unfortunately that is unlikely unless you won the right to name stuff in the charity auction.

roughly 8500 ly while listening the "The Three Body Problem" as an audiobook

(y)HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!(y)

At the beginning, I had some trouble memorizing the names, especially when I did not listen to it for a couple of days, coming back then was mostly painful. Liu Lui? Lui Li? My brain is not used to these names. That being said, what a gargantuan story the... ahem... author - See! I even forgot his name!- has engulfed us in.

To whom it may concern. If you had not come across this yet, and because you are here, hence are probably interested in sci-fi, you ought to have a look at it. I got the first book in print version and then all three as an audiobook too.

This is no space opera, this is.... difficult to describe without spoilers.

It goes from science into the weirdest possible corners of your imagination without forcing LSD on you. More than likely it is very different than most literature in that genre you had come across to date, and that in itself was a great surprise, to be surprised!

I shall say no more.
🖖

Warning!
Personal Rant incoming

The year was ZyXEL.

Don't worry, I just memorize years different, and 128Kbps for high-speed Web browsing was state of the art, and because it was just that, it left a state of the art hole in the pocket at around 400 Deutsch Mark back then.

V.42bis compression, and most of all, you can send an e-mail while talking on the phone, or cruise the Web while sending a fax, and simultaneous Internet access at 64Kbps by two users from a single ISDN line.

I was the proud owner of a ZyXEL Terminal Adapter. :)

With that speed now, of ya go and onto NASA servers....

690958main_p1237a1.jpg

(Credit: NASA; ESA; G. Illingworth, D. Magee, and P. Oesch, University of California, Santa Cruz; R. Bouwens, Leiden University; and the HUDF09 Team)

What you see here are 5,500 galaxies!

The universe is 13.7 billion years old, and the XDF (extreme deep field) reveals galaxies that span back 13.2 billion years in time. Most of the galaxies in the XDF are seen when they were young, small, and growing, often violently as they collided and merged together. The early universe was a time of dramatic birth for galaxies containing brilliant blue stars extraordinarily brighter than our sun. The light from those past events is just arriving at Earth now, and so the XDF is a "time tunnel into the distant past." The faintest galaxies are one ten-billionth the brightness of what the human eye can see

It is next to impossible to explain what this view triggered for thoughts and emotions, but deep inside, I knew for certain, my life would never be the same again.

I was convinced that the more people see that picture, the more the world will change for good, now that WE ALL KNOW!

Of course, nothing changed because of that, not a yota, not a sausage, nothing! War did not end, insane plundering of resources did not end, poverty did not end, racism and nationalism did not end. That indeed pushed me into a personal crisis of some kind.

If THAT did not have the potential to bring change for good, what could possibly trigger it at all?

I never felt more alone, the world around me had that strange invisible wall, I felt like a stranger on this planet with all the ignorant human beings unwilling to open their eyes, unwilling to learn form history and truly acknowledge what is really out there.

What you see here are 5.500 out of 2 Trillion Galaxies. Eat that stupid!

I fled into music and science, Hawking, Zappa and Scriabin felt like the only friends left on the planet. My world had changed, it was the event of loosing illusions. I started to smoke too much of the good stuff, couldn't give a flying bull anymore, subconsequently a depressive episode followed. I still functioned in daily life, but deep down something was in turmoil.

That was many years ago. The views I have ever since, they did not change. What changed was my view on fellow human beings, and as we arrived in the age of narcissism, I can not but smile at them. Most of them never heard about it, clearly a failure of our education system, and not by their own choice!

Plato's cave, the effect of education and the lack of it.

My Ladylove ia a science teacher (Gemany), hence I hear a lot of background noise, and what I hear is not good news, not at all.

Climate change effects on Greenland?

They consider to sell the meltwater! You couldn't make it up! :)

Ah well....excuse the rant, now back into my DBX.

o7

Last edited:

Sorry... Fe = Felicity Farseer
EPTs = enhanced performance thrusters

You triggered a thought.... my DBX which I came to like a lot, did all the mat gathering in THE LOCUST, would probably be the right ship for them! Looking forward to meeet Felicity again.LOL

I fitted some to - IIRC - an iCourier once. And then stripped back as much other stuff as I could. The boost speed was insane (I think, again, IIRC, around 851 or maybe more). Mind you, I'd be eating the rebuy screen if I sneezed. Eject! Eject! Eject!

Yes, 851:

Last edited:
Top Bottom