Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Lately I've really just been doing whatever catches my fancy. I've been making it a point to practice flying with FA off more, even did my first couple of FA off station landings and takeoffs without putting too many dents in my ship. :D I've also gone out to a high security outpost in an anarchy system (to avoid having a wanted status during smuggling), just to see how easy it would be to sneak in or blast my way in with the SRV. Currently I'm out at Robigo, but I've been thinking about planning another smuggling run to go on. Higher up on my to do list is to unlock the FSD booster but I've been putting it off till I'm more in the mood to travel the 1000+ light years each way for the blueprint.

In theory I'm supposed to be fitting out my new Anaconda.
But the price of some of the bits is quite astonishing.

At the moment I'm saving up for a better light bulb for the fridge.

I lugged my cargo Krait over to the CG, then found out that apparently some time in the past I got friendly/allied with a few of the controlling factions there and could pick up several high paying transport and fetch misisons.
Spent yesterday evening cursing at myself.
I picked up a couple of "bring us Palladium" missions for 4 MCr. each, then realized that a) I didn't check the available tonnage in eddb and b) whatever is quoted as available tonnage in eddb was before whoever updated the database cleaned out the inventory, so I ended up scanning the galmap for booming extraction economies. But I made it. 92 tons of Palladium (and a few other odds and ends with 2k/ton profit) delivered safely to Artemis Lodge in Celaeno.

Just about to log in right now and check if there are any similarly well paying passenger or combat missions available. If not, I can always do a few more cargo runs for the CG. It doesn't pay much, but those people need their oranges.

Before that, I was upgrading my iCourier to 3.1 standards (still had some legacy mods on it) in order to scrape up the CZ vouchers for Colonel Decker. Got the Courier upgraded to what I wanted, but then got sidetracked by the CG and the amount of money to be made in the Pleiades.

You're aware that it's some three thousand square feet to dusting off, right?
Better pay him for it. :p

With the number of terraformable water worlds I've been finding, that won't be a problem :) Though to save any future bother, Tyres, perhaps you could put the dust-sheets over them whilst you're there please? I think I forgot to do that before setting off. You might just make sure I've turned the gas off as well, whilst you're at it, thanks very much :)

No, get me to do it. Any excuse to molest touch a Cobra.

Ah yes, of course :) Yep, if you could sort out the Cobra, Tyres only has to dust-off the Sidewinder - thanks very much :)

My Cobra is done out in a military "Sand" paint-job with name-plate, and it's called "Daffodil", you can't miss it.

I just moved to the Pleiadis region in my multipurpose Anaconda. At the moment I'm doing a bit of this and a bit of that. Mostly low key exploration and shooting the odd NPC pirate who believes he could take me on in his Challenger :D
I'll probably look for a temporary home base and work on my local faction standings. However, there's a community goal nearby, so I think I'll take a look into that as well.

I finally made it to Sag A on my explorer account late last night, I’ve never been before so decided to go ‘straight through’ the galaxy on my way to Beagle Point - I’m doing all the obvious places before heading out to points unknown. I may stop off in Colonia and pick up a Krait to fit as an Explorer if they have the modules I want.

I left Rock Hunter ferrying basic meds between Aeneas and the Pleiades for a good profit but he spent the entire journey moaning about having a 4A scoop in a Cutter. Frankly he has a point but the whingeing is enough to make me log back into the Black on the 2nd account. I’m looking at finding a way to get my ship to play music for the big trip but I don’t know if my HCS voice packs may scupper that.

With the number of terraformable water worlds I've been finding, that won't be a problem :) Though to save any future bother, Tyres, perhaps you could put the dust-sheets over them whilst you're there please? I think I forgot to do that before setting off. You might just make sure I've turned the gas off as well, whilst you're at it, thanks very much :)

Ah yes, of course :) Yep, if you could sort out the Cobra, Tyres only has to dust-off the Sidewinder - thanks very much :)

My Cobra is done out in a military "Sand" paint-job with name-plate, and it's called "Daffodil", you can't miss it.

If you'll be gone that long, I'll set the VCR up to record Eastendets for you. Does the freezer need defrosting? I'll also do an oil change on the Cobra, pop in some Redex and de-icing fluid. If the Sidey needs its exhausts looking at, I have some gungum and tools on my Hauler.

If you'll be gone that long, I'll set the VCR up to record Eastendets for you. Does the freezer need defrosting? I'll also do an oil change on the Cobra, pop in some Redex and de-icing fluid. If the Sidey needs its exhausts looking at, I have some gungum and tools on my Hauler.

I think the Sidey will do just with a fresh bowl of water and some petting. :)

You really are showing your age!

FarrSide

I could probably shave a few years off that time line too. Like, "Watch With Mother" in glorious black and white. Computers!? Pah! They'll never catch on. And who needs hyperspace travel? Can't be doing with all that new-fangled nonsense.

Postcard from Fireflies

Actually, the freezer does need doing. Help yourself to the fish and strawberries in there.

I uprated the Sidey before I left, but I didn't check the exhausts. It was blowing a bit, so checking that out would be really helpful, thank you :) If you can fix that dodgy pipe in the cockpit with the gaffer-tape wrapped round it as well, I'd be really grateful.

Here's a postcard from "Fireflies" for you:
vawmgV6.jpg

"Hi Tyres, Having a lovely time in the outer part of the Perseus arm, enjoying the sights! This place has 3 black holes and 15 stars, making it quite a place to take pictures :) https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/322861/name/2MASS+J02351897%2B6131236 I'm heading on to Farsight base for a bit of a break before going to take more photos in the Heart and Soul. Tell the folks at Patterson Enterprise to look after you well, and that I'll be back...."

Recently reached the "post-credits" phase of ED. 9 ships fully outfitted, no current plans to buy any more ships or modules except various PP-specific ones (got prismatics, will get APA's soon). Feels strange to be unconcerned with earning money anymore.

Still a lot to do though. All ships have engineered FSD's (and most have FSD Boosters), but not much else, plenty of engineers still to unlock. I'll combine that with getting allied to various factions across the bubble (good source of mats-reward missions anyhow). Will take the occasional break for trips out into the black.

Welp, I went back to Diaguandri as I haven't had time to get to Procyon - sorry Commander Si! Free gungum when I get there!

I did a quick mission that hauled in nearly 2m CR, got an interdiction on the way back (hands off my gallium, pirate!) that was really stuck on my tail. Managed to shake the goit eventually so thank the maker the escape vector remained visible. I also saw a Krait II for sale... I was so tempted to buy it but I knew it would take a lot more cash than I had to equip it so the money saving exercises stay in place. Tomorrow may well see that Procyon trip take place if I can wangle the time.

I bid you all goodnight, lickety split.

@@@O7

Actually, the freezer does need doing. Help yourself to the fish and strawberries in there.

I uprated the Sidey before I left, but I didn't check the exhausts. It was blowing a bit, so checking that out would be really helpful, thank you :) If you can fix that dodgy pipe in the cockpit with the gaffer-tape wrapped round it as well, I'd be really grateful.

Here's a postcard from "Fireflies" for you:

"Hi Tyres, Having a lovely time in the outer part of the Perseus arm, enjoying the sights! This place has 3 black holes and 15 stars, making it quite a place to take pictures :) https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/322861/name/2MASS+J02351897+6131236 I'm heading on to Farsight base for a bit of a break before going to take more photos in the Heart and Soul. Tell the folks at Patterson Enterprise to look after you well, and that I'll be back...."

If you didn't use a really fast freeze, liquid Helium, the strawberries will defrost to puree.

I took a couple of months out of the game, after a long exploration trip. Now that I'm back, and before I head off into the black again, I'm dabbling my toes in other things - bought a Challenger, which I'm doing up (and which I rather like, it's a neat little boat) in order to get to know more about those bits of the game that aren't exploration and trucking.

Not sure exactly what that will be (suggestions welcome!), but there's so much to do and I don't want to limit myself too much.

I took a couple of months out of the game, after a long exploration trip. Now that I'm back, and before I head off into the black again, I'm dabbling my toes in other things - bought a Challenger, which I'm doing up (and which I rather like, it's a neat little boat) in order to get to know more about those bits of the game that aren't exploration and trucking.

Not sure exactly what that will be (suggestions welcome!), but there's so much to do and I don't want to limit myself too much.

Not that I've done much but...mining, combat, bounty hunting, sightseeing, engineering, guardian things (vague but that's about all I know about it), Thargoid stuff, lore, CQC (whatever that is), winging up, player groups, planet sploring, finding a home, making tea. Oh, and what I seem to do than anything, mission running.

That sounds like there should be some fun there. Iseem to have missed all the Thargoid/Guardian stuff - I've not really spent any time in the bubble for a good couple of years now, and it seems like a lot has changed whilst I was off perusing distant lumps of rock

Top Bottom