Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Typical day at the office. The other day I saw D2EA core mining in a Clipper, and it looked pretty fast and maneuverable so I rigged my Clipper up for mining using mostly whatever engineered thingies I had on the shelf. I must say that ship moves better than a gogo dancer from the 60's :) I only did one rock, but decided that the placing of the abrasion blaster was annoying. One hardpoint in the center is needed for that.

Today I woke up at Jameson sleeping in the chair of the Clipper. I noticed the 14 tons opals in the cargo, and had them moved to the Corvette still being not quite awake, thinking it would be less hassle to go and sell them with a few lasers to back up my arguments against the pirates. I was only interdicted once and he's dead now unless he escaped in an invisible capsule. He was in a Vulture, so I had to shoot him twice instead of once.

Parking at my destination station and selling the opals for 23 mill CR, I was kind of disappointed not being interdicted more, and wondered whether the two huge beams keep the pirates from wanting to dance. Still the feeling flying the Corvette is one of complete relaxation and confidence. You have all the time in the Universe to aim and squeeze. No need for anything fancy flying wise.

On the rather beautiful approach to the Freeport station, in automated supercruise, I noticed a nice Haz Res just 20.7 Mm away. That's gonna be the destination for the next couple of hours I think. Look out below! 👾

Edit: That Haz Res is lively! Ended up in a mess with an elite Conda backed up by two Pythons. Had to go back to the station for a minor repair and shield recharge after that 🤕 Still, the station is as close as a rescue ship outside a station slimed and burned by them thargoids.

Last edited:
So I finally unlocked Marko Qwent and I did some more engineering on my PP (G4) and PD (G2) to get the Palin and Jameson discoveries. I need more mats to further engineer the PD.

I think I will pull out the AspX and start a trip out to the black to get the 5000ly thing done, and gather some mats along the way. This should be interesting.

Finished engineering the next T-9, called 'Njiri Mining Logistics 02'.
350 limpets, 512 cargo space, all kitted out, void opals here we come! \o/

Found a spot...
Found a core!
It's a fast spinner, tricky in the T-9, work it...work it...YES!

Boom!

Wait, limpets not moving?:unsure:

Forgot refinery. :ROFLMAO:
D880Dk2WsAAA_nw
I feel your pain.
I returned from almost two months of exporation (the usual "Okay, I'll head out for a week or so, tour my favourite pl... oh what's that over there?")
Decided to do some mining because why not. Dusted off my Krait Mk.II - it was already euipped for mining so no need to worry about forgetting something out rustiness.

Head out, my favourite spot about 500LY out of the Bubble, set up the firegroups.... why are my limpet controllers red?
Yes, because you forgot limpets, idiot.

...cost me arm and leg in materials to synthesize them. :|

I feel your pain.
I returned from almost two months of exporation (the usual "Okay, I'll head out for a week or so, tour my favourite pl... oh what's that over there?")
Decided to do some mining because why not. Dusted off my Krait Mk.II - it was already euipped for mining so no need to worry about forgetting something out rustiness.

Head out, my favourite spot about 500LY out of the Bubble, set up the firegroups.... why are my limpet controllers red?
Yes, because you forgot limpets, idiot.

...cost me arm and leg in materials to synthesize them. :|
That spot has to be awesome, worth traveling 500 ly to get there? I got my base at Jameson and normally mine at Delkar 10, one jump away. I've mentioned it several times here, but it still delivers. There are normally a pirate when I arrive, but they vanish once they see that you only brought limpets. Otherwise I shoot them and use a couple of limpets to scavenge their remains.

That spot has to be awesome, worth traveling 500 ly to get there? I got my base at Jameson and normally mine at Delkar 10, one jump away. I've mentioned it several times here, but it still delivers. There are normally a pirate when I arrive, but they vanish once they see that you only brought limpets. Otherwise I shoot them and use a couple of limpets to scavenge their remains.
Well, no pirates is one of the reason I go there. ;)

I might give Delkar a go.
My usual spot was LFT 65, but I think it's a bit too popular.

Once I'm out of limpets, I'll sell up, back to home base.
Jump in a Scout and go check out some other systems for VOs.

I spent some time engineering my hull a bit. I've never bothered before, other than putting some heavy-duty upgrades on my lightweight armor. But after my experience the other day with that wing mission, I decided to experiment a bit with it. I wound up with Military armor, heavy duty, deep plating, and a HRP the same. I'll see what difference it makes next time I try one of those missions!

Once I was done with that I went to a Haz RES for a while, then decided to actually join a war, which I've never done. I found a Federation place at war and went there to join up. Sachem, I think it is. Might as well get Fed rep while I'm at it, I'm not quite Admiral yet :)

Took the smallest Massacre mission I could find. 27 ships. Should be easy. Went to the conflict zone. Oh yeah, they changed these...kinda cool...voice overs...a bit repetitive but nice overall...boom boom we win...my mission is updated and I've killed...6 ships? But there were dozens! Ah, I see. Some don't count for your mission. Bah. Took me 4 total conflict zones to get a lousy 27 ships. I'm glad I didn't take a bigger mission. It paid crappy, too.

However, it was a lot of fun. The enemies were fairly tough, and there were a lot of them, and you were on a 'team', and yeah. I liked it. It was something different.

After that I was up for something else different, so I tried a "Cut off the Power Grid" one. I've never done one. It was sending me to some planetary base, so I expected to need the SRV. But no, when I got there the "Power Grid" was targettable from my ship. I shot it a few times, it died, I got a bounty, I had to run from the Police, I got paid, I cleared off my bounty. Tra la. :p

It's been a fun day, really.

I spent some time engineering my hull a bit. I've never bothered before, other than putting some heavy-duty upgrades on my lightweight armor. But after my experience the other day with that wing mission, I decided to experiment a bit with it. I wound up with Military armor, heavy duty, deep plating, and a HRP the same. I'll see what difference it makes next time I try one of those missions!

Once I was done with that I went to a Haz RES for a while, then decided to actually join a war, which I've never done. I found a Federation place at war and went there to join up. Sachem, I think it is. Might as well get Fed rep while I'm at it, I'm not quite Admiral yet :)

Took the smallest Massacre mission I could find. 27 ships. Should be easy. Went to the conflict zone. Oh yeah, they changed these...kinda cool...voice overs...a bit repetitive but nice overall...boom boom we win...my mission is updated and I've killed...6 ships? But there were dozens! Ah, I see. Some don't count for your mission. Bah. Took me 4 total conflict zones to get a lousy 27 ships. I'm glad I didn't take a bigger mission. It paid crappy, too.

However, it was a lot of fun. The enemies were fairly tough, and there were a lot of them, and you were on a 'team', and yeah. I liked it. It was something different.
View attachment 134655
After that I was up for something else different, so I tried a "Cut off the Power Grid" one. I've never done one. It was sending me to some planetary base, so I expected to need the SRV. But no, when I got there the "Power Grid" was targettable from my ship. I shot it a few times, it died, I got a bounty, I had to run from the Police, I got paid, I cleared off my bounty. Tra la. :p
View attachment 134657
It's been a fun day, really.
Wait... You can do some ground missions in your ship?
Might have to have another look at these missions. :unsure:

After a long time away, I am back, but have had to start again - game entirely froze on my old account - so I'm no longer a gazillionaire, gadding about in an engineered T10, I now have a T6, just starting out on engineering, but at least the game runs. I'm finding the back to basics feel of having to save for small modules kind of liberating. I have gone Sidewinder-Hauler-Adder-T6 but think I will now stick with my little red T6 'Orpheus' entirely until I have some engineers unlocked. Felicity just invited me so it's T6, mats and light trading for me. Good to be back, although my faith in the game's stability has been shaken - 'adjudication errors' don't half undermine one's immersion. Still, I am back for now.

o7

Last edited:
Ah, the good old T6. Still have one in my garage, well in one of my garages somewhere in the bubble (her name: SS Sysiphos). She has something...
I also like this thread, interesting to see what other commanders are doing right now out there.
Update on my activity: while on my way from Beagle Point to Voyagers Reach I changed my mind (...I am a weak and simple man...) and now set sail straight to Shinrarta Dezhra, cash in my explo-data and then I will outfit my Krait MkII for exploration and mining, but with strongest possible thrusters and a relatively "good" Power Distributor (and a minimum shield, BUT: a shield!), in order to enable me flying above planetary surfaces in about 100 m height and being able to boost me quickly if needed. My jump range would go down to 40+ish lys according to coriolis, and that is OK for me, should be enough to go almost everywhere, and I could add injections if necessary.
I will change my Phantom to a MkII, so I can keep the marvelous cockpit but can add a fighter bay. When I reached Beagle Point a friend joined me for Multi-Crew and was with me all the way down to Legacy Crater but it would have been even more fun with him swirling around me in a little fighter from my fighter bay, so this is a must-have.
But, ouff, I am 55000 lys out in a 60 lys Phantom, so this will take a while, yesterday I just passed the "Brothers in the Dark" POI and found an ELW, sadly without a moon
DF8D37DF51A6474453EA184F3FA2373F986AE771

Still about 1000 jumps to go, good that I am connected by sub-space transwarpTeamspeak to a few friends to talk to while gazing at the stars, otherwise space madness would take over and I would talk to the stars or even ... with them ... o_O

Top Bottom