Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

BorisBus.jpg

BorisBus Tours Prepped for Takeoff.
BB1.jpg

You can't see all the happy passengers with their happy faces pressed to the windows,
because i haven't painted them on yet,but there's plenty of space on the sides for the creative ads boys.When i'm finished i'll probably go and get another Kraite.
It's actually a very nice ship,although the large pad restriction is bound to cause problems at some point. We've been shot at,we've been damaged,but we've survived.Can't ask for much more,really.It will take some time for it to recoup the outlay,but it's made a good start.

View attachment 135946
BorisBus Tours Prepped for Takeoff.
View attachment 135947
You can't see all the happy passengers with their happy faces pressed to the windows,
because i haven't painted them on yet,but there's plenty of space on the sides for the creative ads boys.When i'm finished i'll probably go and get another Kraite.
It's actually a very nice ship,although the large pad restriction is bound to cause problems at some point. We've been shot at,we've been damaged,but we've survived.Can't ask for much more,really.It will take some time for it to recoup the outlay,but it's made a good start.
Two bottles of wine capacity?
🍾🍾:ROFLMAO:

I must admit,i was expecting something with at least a balcony. I have plans for an open top version, (all the screaming gets a bit much sometimes; what with all the hen do's,I've had to issue the driver with noise cancelling headphones,and now he just sits there staring vacantly out of the window,humming from time to time.),and it will give me something to tie the balloons to.

I think I'm going to do some money making missions for a while before getting back to finding that elusive painite. Yes, aiming to get 1bn back in the coffers. Could take a while.

I think I'm going to do some money making missions for a while before getting back to finding that elusive painite. Yes, aiming to get 1bn back in the coffers. Could take a while.

Switch to mining Low Temperature Diamonds or Void Opals in a pretty ice ring somewhere and you could get that with one load given one of the big four ships, actually it might be best to discount the Anaconda due to the hassle of finding a high enough price given its more limited cargo capacity.

Not that I would recommend the idea but at least you don’t have to do missions.

And lo, it became written:

YK9dTmL.jpg

The funny thing was, it was the first 'roid I hit on a nice ring. All ten refines in about 30 seconds. So now I'm at SJ's with nothing on my ship I can updgrade :eek:. Have to go and grab another boat to start getting my access up :D

And lo, it became written:

YK9dTmL.jpg

The funny thing was, it was the first 'roid I hit on a nice ring. All ten refines in about 30 seconds. So now I'm at SJ's with nothing on my ship I can updgrade :eek:. Have to go and grab another boat to start getting my access up :D

What? Nothing? Upgrade your hull.
Put heavy duty on it - it does wonders even on the free lightweight hull. Especially on that since there are ZERO negatives :)

I got back from my little excursion to get Guardian blueprints and materials for an FSD booster. The actual Guardian bit didn't take very long at all, but being out in the black, even a little way, just provoked the Explorer tendencies in me, and I went wandering around the "real stars" in the vicinity, like Mu-1 Crucis etc. So having gotten back to "home" of Sirius, I climbed into "Gwynt-Y-Ddraig" my Viper MkIV, and fitted two small rail guns for the craic, then went out to the local High Res in Luyten's Star to help the corporation keep the thieving scum and villainy under control :)

I must say, those rails are really rather nasty.... I need practice to use them more effectively, but with the cops keeping the perps busy, I can take my time over that. Ramming some rails up the rear of a wanted Dropship and watching it blossom into a million pretty sparks was great fun!

I tried a couple of the "Disable Megaship Turrets" missions today. I've never tried them before.

I had fun, but they are a bit buggy, and there are some gotchas. They have a lot of promise, but they need a bit of developer TLC.

The first one I tried required me to disable 1 turret on an Alcatraz Class Reformery megaship.

I got to the place, scanned the ship with my datalink scanner, and that revealed the turrets as targets. I targeted one of the turrets, and scanned it with my datalink scanner.

At that point ships jumped in looking for the 'hostile intruder.' I was not yet wanted, though. After scanning the turret, a Power Generator became targetable. It was odd because it had no angle brackets on it when selected, but I was able to shoot at it and it blew up, completing the mission.

I now was surrounded by hostile ships, some of which were shooting at me. But a combat scenario had also kicked off, with a bunch of pirate types wanting to perform a heist, and a bunch of federal navy ships wanting to prevent it. I could join either side. The pirates were of the same faction that sent me to the megaship in the first place, but I wasn't forced to support them.

I decided to join the pirates and see what happened. They welcomed me to the fight and told me that my job was to blow the cargo hatch so they could take all the loot. So, that was that. I did not bring any hatchbreaker limpets. So I just flew off and returned to the issuing station, got paid, and got my small bounty removed.

That was all pretty cool, I thought, and more involved than I expected. So I tried another one (and I brought hatchbreakers just in case). This one required me to disable 5 turrets instead of just 1. I was unable to complete this one. There were too many ships shooting at me after the first turret was scanned, and they were elite Federal Navy ships so pretty well armed. My shields are good, but not good enough to keep me alive for 5 turrets worth of scanning!

I tried scanning one, running away, jumping out and back in, but that resets the entire thing. Perhaps it could be done with a very stealthy ship.

Anyway, if I do more of these I will choose the 1-turret missions only :)

On the scrounge for bromellite for Bill Turner. I'm in an icy ring and blasting away but it's a wee bit slow finding the stuff. Is it the god of RNG again?

ETA - An LTD! My first :D 1/2m CR. Which was nice.

Last edited:
Still sulking after refusing to pay the insurance on my heavily engineered T9 Deliveroo with 700t of Palladium/Gold and opting for the FreeWinder. That'll teach me. Hated that ship but it took a week of my life to get and another week to recoup my losses.
Don't drink and fly kids!

Still sulking after refusing to pay the insurance on my heavily engineered T9 Deliveroo with 700t of Palladium/Gold and opting for the FreeWinder. That'll teach me. Hated that ship but it took a week of my life to get and another week to recoup my losses.
Don't drink and fly kids!
Or if you do, use a sports bottle, you wouldn’t want to spill the drink and add to your woes.

Last edited:
I am still puttering around in a ring close to where there is a station offering a high price for Low Temperature Diamonds this has let me recover from recent expenditures and get back to half a billion in cash it has also got me my second Elite so just exploring to finish for the triple, probably time to find out where I left my explorer ships and head out for a week in economical jump mode.

I ran across this installation yesterday, in Reidquat. I was just faffing about, and I dropped in to check it out.

It's amazing the amount of detail that's been put into these things. This one was simply huge, with all these tunnels going through parts of the structure, and ships flying all around it. But the artists went the extra mile on details. Just look at the close up of this access hatch (you can see it in context in the photo above). The detail is stunning, right down to small scratches and dents:

My Krait was able to fit through the tunnels, too. They are bigger than they look:

It's a shame that the gameplay surrounding these mega-structures is so hard to access and/or broken.

I scanned the structure, and that revealed a bunch of targets such as turrets and hackable transmitters. I tried scanning one of the transmitters, which revealed a secondary target, but it required Recon limpets. And the cargo doors all required Hatchbreaker limpets. The Nav panel described the installation as having "Mercenary Activities," so I guess if I had happened to be carrying several types of limpet controllers I could have started a Scenario of some kind -- maybe -- but of course I don't carry lots of limpet types around normally. I might go back and experiment, but I'd have to re-outfit my ship.

And that's the problem, and no doubt why no one much talks about the megastructure scenarios. They are too hard to access, and there's no clue that they even exist or what you need to do to make them happen.

Seems to me a lot of Dev time went into these. I wish they worked better. But it sure was cool to fly around.

Top Bottom