Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Just thought I’d point out that this thread is a year old today :)

Congratulations, Tyres - a truly epic thread of bonhomie and interest that has journeyed once around Sol! :)
I'm actually thinking of re-reading the whole thread, at some point (when I'm exceptionally bored, perhaps).
This place is one of the very few things that make me not give up hope for Elite players. (Even if there's like five of us, here, so not really a representative sample. :LOL:)

Well, after a bit of faffing around, wasting half a billion on a stupid Cutter experiment, I’m off to Colonia.

I had thought about going there in my Dolphin and then shipping my Python out there but have decided to go in my Bubble Mission Money Maker Python. Sure it only jumps 35ly at a time but I’m going the scenic route anyway, so who cares?

I’m sure I’ve seen a request on here to have the ability to have your ship sent on to a station, you can ‘follow’ in your ship of choice. If implemented I’m sure the costs would be the same as we have now (arrive then recall, if you like) and Bubble to Colonia is going to cost a ton but I really, really, really love that Dolphin for travel but have also spent (I suppose) getting the Python kitted out and modded up in a way that works for me. I didn’t want to arrive and have to build a new ship or wait for my Money Maker to arrive. So that ‘send on’ option would have been sweet potatoes.

So here I am, heading out to Perseus Arm, to cut back into Outer Orion-Perseus Conflux, dip a toe in Orion-Cygnus Arm, hit Inner Orion-Perseus Conflux, then Colonia.

I have a tendency to get up close and personal so it's harder to miss :D

The MCs annoyed me a bit due to the spin-up time. But then I'm so green in combat - what do I know? Perhaps cannons would be better.

Fixed weaponry isn't blowing my skirt up at the moment.
Recently removed size 2 multi cannon from the side of the corvette in favor of beam lasers, and one hung low large multi cannon.
Pleasantly slices and dices competent pesky mambas and others.
The large plasma accelerator needs some engineering to make any real use of it. Maybe lands one it 5 shots....

Attachments

• corvweap-1.jpg
    corvweap-1.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 146
Just thought I’d point out that this thread is a year old today :)

Congratulations, Tyres - a truly epic thread of bonhomie and interest that has journeyed once around Sol! :)
How about that?! I remember when Tyres was an actual newbie asking questions here. You had a different name at first, didn't you, Tyres?

Anyway, yes, this thread has been my favorite stopping spot on the forums. Yay us! :)

Recently landed on a green/yellow and red planet which actually recalled views of the homeworld. It was all dirt,of course.But it was real purty to look at for a while.I used the external camera and spotted something i hadn't noticed on landing, a huge feature standing proud and tall,looming over the landscape.
hump.JPG

Using the scarab i made my way over to it.I attempted to climb to it's summit,several times,each time getting a little higher,but eventually falling off.Thanks to the low gravity and the fortuitous bursts from thusters, damage was fairly light, and i made three or four attempts,
before summoning my ship.

I then tried to land on the summit,hoping to do a freewheel down the mountain,but unfortunately it proved impossible to find a landing zone.

After all that dust i was ready for my bath.

I don't know what these monoliths are called,but they're jolly good fun.:)

How about that?! I remember when Tyres was an actual newbie asking questions here. You had a different name at first, didn't you, Tyres?

Anyway, yes, this thread has been my favorite stopping spot on the forums. Yay us! :)

Yes, I changed my forum handle: originally the quite awful sounding "Crow Skyshrine" - a hangover from fantasy MMORPG days. And I still think I'm a newb :D

Top Bottom