Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Oh hell yes. Hurry on Sundown, especially the recording from “Roadhawks” has seen me cruising in many an uncharted system :) (And, for that matter, many a mountain road late into the night, but thats another story)

There should be a Hawk decal for ships. I’d have one in a heartbeat!

Agreed. Saying that, by the time I would have added that, Pink Floyd DSOTM decal, something for Gong, Hillage (so many more), my ship would look like the tattooed lady at the freak circus.

I did name my ship Hawkwind. Gave it this.

Last edited:
Agreed. Saying that, by the time I would have added that, Pink Floyd DSOTM decal, something for Gong, Hillage (so many more), my ship would look like the tattooed lady at the freak circus.

I did name my ship Hawkwind. Gave it this.

View attachment 140517
That machine needs a Silver paint job.

I haven’t thought of Hawkwind in ages, though they are one of the few bands I have seen live. I watched and felt, too loud to hear, them do their Elric set at the Worldcon in Brighton (Conspiracy?) back in 1987.

Still puttering about in the Witch Head doing station repair.

Just left the Witch Head after getting Chloe to level 5 access. Now en route to Lave to pick up some brandy... apparently, Didi Vatermann does a nice line in shield boosters.

Didi unlocked and level 5'd. My word, I'll need a LOT of mats to G5 all the shield boosters on the 'Conda! :eek:
You don't really need that many G5 mats. Well, you need a lot of them, but not a lot of any one kind.
Due to diminishing returns on the boosters, it really doesn't make sense to engineer more than two of each kind.

I usually have two heavy duty boosters and the rest is various resistances.

(You probably know this, but it's a newcomers section so I guess it's worth repeating)

Went to Dav's to restock. Done quite a lot of engineering lately so supplies were running low. I also monitored my SRV whilst running around the "racetrack" and noticed that even the slightest knock took the hull integrity down a notch or two. One to watch out for...

I have two engineers for thrusters - Palin for dirty drives and Chloe for clean. The thing is, Palin's drives are no longer blueprinted - does having the same modlue modification at two different engineers cause a conflict somehow? Or is this the "blueprint getting lost bug" rearing its upgly head again?

Top Bottom