Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Letting Saud Kruger ship's paint go anything under 99% should be a galaxy-wide criminal offense!

When we get space legs, I’m going to kick a few dents into it.

Gave my Viper III a go in a high RES. I'd put the dirty EPTs on it and did some low level engineering. Flipping thing was too fast! :D

Too damn hot today for tooling about on the PC - may have to give it a rest for a couple of days and catch up on Peaky Blinders instead.

Map.jpg

I made it this far.

Which gets more impressive the closer you get.

It also makes a great backdrop for photo ops.

But i don't remember the broad sunlit uplands looking quite like this.

Despite the beauty of the scenery,the stars are relatively few, and although i have visited a handful, apparently barren and devoid of life.
I have not seen a bio poi since i set out,and i had hoped to find something here,but have had no success.I did stumble across the trail of several explorers, so left a few first mapped tags,for forms sake.
Now i'm off to search for the elusive nickel.I have decided to devote 15 minutes a day to the search as part of my daily regimen,and i am glad i did. I managed to find one in an icy ring,(lithium hydroxide/methanol monohydrate) so the idea is viable.\o/.
That will make things a little easier,but i had to deplete about 8 rocks to get it.
I checked the map to see how far it is back(22.5kly) and then remembered Sag A* and how i was surprised to find how close it was to Colonia (relatively speaking).Didn't they build Explorers Anchorage somewhere nearby?
So i have diverted to Sag A*,through neccessity more than anything.It is just under the 20kly limit,and hopefully i can dig out in which system it is located.If anyone knows of a port closer ,i'd be glad to hear of it.
e.jpg

Last edited:
Given the advent of carriers and the fact I don't know how much they'll cost to buy (and heaven knows how much to equip), I'm going to do a load of missions to earn cash :D

I probably won;t be able to afford one for a while is my theory but I s'ppose it'll be something to work toward!

ETA: Just in case anyone else is getting it, the mission selection is sort of timing out again and only partially listing available ones. Apparently a server side issue I understand.

Fleet Carriers are persistent and will remain in the game regardless of whether or not the owner is online.
My jaw dropped when I read that. We're going to have something that's persistent in the game? That's always there even when we are not?

That's a very new feature. Until now, nothing we have is persistent other than our 'discovered by' type stuff (ie. just text).

It certainly points things in a new and interesting direction.

Has carriers will have services to other players it had to be persistant or else you would had a big issue with several features.
Lets wait and see what comes next, has information is leaking slowly.

As for what i have done ingame, have been out, lack of the time to play it, see if today i get my ship moving again.

Explorer's Anchorage is in Stuemeae FG-Y d7561. Right next to Sag A.

There's also Grim Pioneer in Stuemeae BA-A d955.

Next closest is 11,000LY away in Boewnst KS-S c20-959

:)
Thanks,Codger.I did not know about Grim Pioneer.Sounds like it is worth a visit.
My commander has been given a severe talking to and put on punishment detail,and is now spending his days collecting specimen samples from stray molluscs...the pay is lousy,but it gives him time to reflect on his errors,one limpet at a time,pending further review.

So, what would be the max compliment of player and npc crew that can be active on one carrier?
Given 4 large pads for ships that can have at least 2 fighters?

Also, in a trader config could I load up all the rare goods for shipping to Witchhaul? many 100t's at once ?
By this I mean transfer from supply ship from station to carrier, until the carrier cargo is full.

So, will need to have all crew protect the cargo from raiders, or Carrier to Carrier conflict zones happening every where..?..

I'm gonna need a bigger credit balance....!!

I'm out in the Sanguineous Rim checking out Thor's Helmet and the Seagull Nebula on my way to Sagittarius A*. I know I'm heading in completely the wrong direction to get there but I'm on the Stellar Unknown expedition which is taking its own roundabout way there with a route that's a giant arc extending to the Eastern rim of the galaxy. However they're only releasing like one waypoint a week (I guess in an effort to keep us together), the first one wasn't all that far from the Bubble and there wasn't all that much interesting around that I could find (except the waypoint system, the Eight Burst Nebula, which was cool to check out) and the area was somewhat well explored though I found some new systems. It was close enough to the Bubble that I almost just went back there to await the second waypoint a week later but instead just headed off down South to check out some sights.

A couple of weeks ago I was testing out my Anaconda build for long-distance traveling via the Neutron Highway. I went about 5000LY out and back, and it was a successful test overall. However, my 'conda was only partially engineered, enough to have just over 60LY range.

Once I got back, I decided to put more time into the engineering, to bring the ship closer to what I envisioned for it. I wanted it to be dedicated to long-distance travel, but not so gimped that it became difficult or unpleasant to fly (for me). So I spent some more time on coriolis, and made my plans (I love doing that, hehe -- such a nerd).

I think she's mostly finished now.

Jump range is looking nice:

There's just enough shields to protect from bumps, and an extra fuel tank to insure against running out during those long jumps. I have a couple AMFU's and even a repair limpet controller (just in case).

The only thing left is finishing the dirty drives upgrade on the thrusters. Might as well have them maxxed, even if they are undersized.

The ship flies great, scoops really fast, and now mostly lives up to the golden paintjob. :p

Here we are at Black Hide, visiting The Dweller.

My current build, if you're interested:

It's quite nice to have such a long-jumping ship in the arsenal!

A couple of weeks ago I was testing out my Anaconda build for long-distance traveling via the Neutron Highway. I went about 5000LY out and back, and it was a successful test overall. However, my 'conda was only partially engineered, enough to have just over 60LY range.

Once I got back, I decided to put more time into the engineering, to bring the ship closer to what I envisioned for it. I wanted it to be dedicated to long-distance travel, but not so gimped that it became difficult or unpleasant to fly (for me). So I spent some more time on coriolis, and made my plans (I love doing that, hehe -- such a nerd).

I think she's mostly finished now.

Jump range is looking nice:

View attachment 141674

There's just enough shields to protect from bumps, and an extra fuel tank to insure against running out during those long jumps. I have a couple AMFU's and even a repair limpet controller (just in case).

The only thing left is finishing the dirty drives upgrade on the thrusters. Might as well have them maxxed, even if they are undersized.

The ship flies great, scoops really fast, and now mostly lives up to the golden paintjob. :p

Here we are at Black Hide, visiting The Dweller.

View attachment 141676

My current build, if you're interested:

It's quite nice to have such a long-jumping ship in the arsenal!

Does it have the Guardian FSD module? I'm assuming so...

I decided to qualify one of my accounts (SunnyJim) for Selene yesterday and thought I'd rack-up some credits doing so by hitting a Painite hotspot in a nearby pristine system. That took two trips in that account's Python (Ark Royal) and I noticed I couldn't find a Painite buyer offering over 360KCr. So I had a read around and learned about "Painite Double Hotspots" which I had never heard of.

So in a spirit of enquiry I loaded up another commander who had a few hundred million credits and took him (McPhail the Stoker) to a LYR station, bought and outfitted an anaconda for mining (well OK I stuck some weapons etc on) and set out with a much reduced credit balance in search of a Double Painite Hotspot courtesy of the neat "Miner's" Tool (http://edtools.ddns.net/miner). Two hours later I docked with 330t of Painite and netted 260 million credits so Rothesay paid for itself in a single session.

TL/DR - mining in Painite double hotspots can be very lucrative.

Top Bottom