Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Seconded!

Going off to the Guardian sites is quite a different experience to anything else. I was glad to have done it and got the ability to buy the FSD booster; I have yet to fit one to Hecla but it is only a matter of time before I get the urge to head out into the black again...

The Guardian sites in the dark, with the scary music, are very atmospheric.
There are many things I still haven't seen in the Milky Way, and seeing them "by accident", like the first time I got interdicted by a Thargoid, is one of the things making ED so special. On the other hand, there are probably many things you never get to see, unless you push yourself out of your comfort zone. I personally like core mining and I have a favorite Haz Res close to Jameson Mem that I go to when I feel the urge to annihilate. I probably spend 90% of my time in ED doing those two, but it's the extraordinary challenges you put yourself into that give you those "wow moments".

Just tried PvP for the first time in a Vulture with frags outside Jameson. Weee! :D(y) (I died)

To the CMDR I was "fighting": Sorry dude, I didn't even notice I was doing reverskis. I was way too busy trying to figure out why my shields went down so quickly.

Btw. This is fun! As long as you haven't got a lot of maps or cargo, the worst that can happen is a rebuy, which includes fresh paint.

Just tried PvP for the first time in a Vulture with frags outside Jameson. Weee! :D(y) (I died)

To the CMDR I was "fighting": Sorry dude, I didn't even notice I was doing reverskis. I was way too busy trying to figure out why my shields went down so quickly.

Btw. This is fun! As long as you haven't got a lot of maps or cargo, the worst that can happen is a rebuy, which includes fresh paint.
Wait, what?!
You're at the end game already?:LOL:

Fresh paint is not always wanted, it can take ages to get that ratty down at heel look.

There are many things I still haven't seen in the Milky Way, and seeing them "by accident", like the first time I got interdicted by a Thargoid, is one of the things making ED so special. On the other hand, there are probably many things you never get to see, unless you push yourself out of your comfort zone. I personally like core mining and I have a favorite Haz Res close to Jameson Mem that I go to when I feel the urge to annihilate. I probably spend 90% of my time in ED doing those two, but it's the extraordinary challenges you put yourself into that give you those "wow moments".

View attachment 142999

My first hyperdiction really made me jump. I'm all "What T F OMGOMGOMG What T F!!!1!111!!???"

Just left the Three Worlds Nebula and started my ascent up to Hen 2-23 and the Glorious Nebula. I spent longer at the last waypoint than expected because I didn't want to leave until I actually got to see the nebula and for some reason my XBOX wasn't showing it. The planetary nebula appeared on the galaxy map but you couldn't actually see it in space on the approach and in the system itself space just looked the normal inky black dotted with stars. I logged out and that didn't do anything, later I did a reset and the next time I got on space was transformed to all the beautiful nebula colors. Anyway, once it was fixed it was a great system and I got to experience one of those electrical storms. I didn't know there was anything like that in the game until I saw somebody's video here on the boards about a week ago. I was thinking I needed to search one of those out but apparently the Stellar Unknown planning committee has been reading my diary again.

Just left the Three Worlds Nebula and started my ascent up to Hen 2-23 and the Glorious Nebula. I spent longer at the last waypoint than expected because I didn't want to leave until I actually got to see the nebula and for some reason my XBOX wasn't showing it. The planetary nebula appeared on the galaxy map but you couldn't actually see it in space on the approach and in the system itself space just looked the normal inky black dotted with stars. I logged out and that didn't do anything, later I did a reset and the next time I got on space was transformed to all the beautiful nebula colors. Anyway, once it was fixed it was a great system and I got to experience one of those electrical storms. I didn't know there was anything like that in the game until I saw somebody's video here on the boards about a week ago. I was thinking I needed to search one of those out but apparently the Stellar Unknown planning committee has been reading my diary again.
Would you care to share the galactic co-ordinates of Three Worlds Nebula? I can't find it on galmap (PS4).It sounds like another one for the bucket list.After you've turned it in, of course.Wouldn't want to steal your thunder.:)

Would you care to share the galactic co-ordinates of Three Worlds Nebula? I can't find it on galmap (PS4).It sounds like another one for the bucket list.After you've turned it in, of course.Wouldn't want to steal your thunder.:)

Nah it's cool man you don't need to wait for me to turn in any data, I didn't discover the nebula it's one of the waypoints for the Stellar Unknown expedition and has seen hundreds of visitors since it was discovered. In the galmap search for Thaile HW-V e2-7, Three Worlds Nebula is the galactic mapping project name for it.

Numerous times, part of the fleet is based there.

I also spent weeks in the Witch Head Nebula and hauling between there and the Pleiades during the last Interstellar Initiative and its aftermath, other people were getting hyperdicted nearly every trip me nothing!
I'm pretty sure you need to carry some special cargo. Can't remember which, but I'm sure Google knows. That will make the Thargoids curious.

I've been building a FDL to cruise in open around Jameson. It's a bit more sturdy than the Vulture, and handles almost equally well with my limited flying skills. Time to see how many seconds I can survive. Yeehaaw :D

Nah it's cool man you don't need to wait for me to turn in any data, I didn't discover the nebula it's one of the waypoints for the Stellar Unknown expedition and has seen hundreds of visitors since it was discovered. In the galmap search for Thaile HW-V e2-7, Three Worlds Nebula is the galactic mapping project name for it.
Ah,that explains many things.Took me a while to realise heart & soul weren't joined at the hip.Will certainly visit if i'm ever down that way.It's going to be a while,though.Cheers. (y)

Top Bottom