Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Strange things are happening to my beloved Python while I experiment with my invisibility module:

Apparently not. Just logged in for a bit this afternoon and found I'd earned 24 arx from my last session. Since I'd done nothing but explore - jump, honk, scan, map, jump - it's obviously possible to earn them without docking. I'm giddy with the possibilities o_O
All I've done since the update is scavenge HGEs and I'm maxed out.
Some of the Arx is from the occasional system data, other than that...
Could actually be from scanning the HGEs, hmm.

I found an old Phantom that I hadn't flown for a while, so I gave it a quick overhaul, and slimmed it down to +70 ly jump range. No shield, so when I went to Lei to lighten the scanner, because of the weak std. 4D thrusters, for the first time I experienced high gravity! Bam! Your arrival has been noted!!! Even taking off damaged the hull. Kind of fragile thingy. But it flies pretty well once you get it out into the black, and it's a pleasure to scoop with.

I decided to go and see an old friend. Last time I went there I didn't give myself time to enjoy the view, but this time I do. It's pretty!

Really pretty!

And the best is yet to come. If you're in the Bubble and you haven't visited this place it's a fine little trip that you can do in an evening.

I decided to clear my Alt account so I could experience the new and improved starting stuffs.

It was kinda cool, I guess, but it really didn't explain much. Just like the previous tutorials, in many cases it tells you to do something but not how to do it.

The voice-over was professional sounding. There was some dramatic music.

It's nicer than what we had, so...yay :)

Here's my (another) newbie Sidey, at some asteroid base where I dropped off my first couple of cargo shipments. If you strip a Sidey except for shields, you can get it to carry 12T of cargo these days. Easy, peasy.

And the weirdness goes on...

I deliver my haul to an in-system planet and head back to Jameson, 5.4mCR to the better. Over the chat I get the "... good job I found you first" nonsense.

"Oh, really?", says me. "I have no haul. Tough luck, buster!"

Interdiction.

Whaaaa? I pause, then submit. The pause was a mistake.

"Under attack! Shields... offline!"

Oh hell. Boost, boost, boost!

"Crime in progress!" Whaaaa? The cops wade in and distract the twinkle-toed scumbag, while I mash the "wake-wake-wake" lever - come on! Phew. Made it.

"You're mine now!". HOLY WHAT? Time to play the esccape vector chase game. I win.

Carrying nothing, the wretched hive of villainy was still after me. I must have upset someone with all those performance enhancers. You can make up your own jokes from there - perhaps the milkman had his nose put out.

This place out here is as astonishing as I remember it.

Two O-Class stars less than 200 ls apart

A few nebulae, a black hole and an open cluster in one image! :) (Edit: And a flying saucer)

Some years ago, after working in the "creative business" for 25 years, I decided to try and figure out what trully makes something beautiful. What are the "rules" so to speak.There are biological explanations for much of it, like our preference for contrast and symmetry, described in the new scientific discipline called neuro aesthetics. However, also being an amateur astro photographer, I noticed the unexplainable beauty of the Universe. It's against all the rules but it's still just amazing to look at, and I tip my hat towards Fdev, for getting i so right. (y)

Last edited:
I got my first freebie via Arx already.

I ran a mission, bought some limpets. When I checked, I had 2 Arx. lol.

But you only need 1 Arx to buy the Retro Thargoid Bobblehead for the next few days, anyway. So I tried it out, and spent 1 Arx on it. I now have 1 Arx left.

So I have a freebie already, and I haven't paid any actual money. I'm good so far :p

I have generated slightly more than that and acquired that bobblehead, I always wondered whether not buying bobbleheads was the right decision I now know it was, too distracting for me.

I especially liked the light bulb moment in the above picture post.

2.jpg

Spent the evening dodging another bullet around Sag A*,taking pictures,although they don't do justice to the experience of flying round it.Some very unusual effects, but even sitting watching it's
hard to get my head round what is being rendered in front of my
very eyes, and the awesome processes they represent.

I was more cautious on my approach,this time.Flying with orbit lines off , i don't know if i hit an exclusion zone or the event horizon,but i was flying externally taking shots when i was yanked back to cockpit view with all bells and whistles .

My PD took the brunt of it ,and after repairing the worst hit modules i scuttled off back to EA to turn in my codex discoveries.

Top Bottom