Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I now have a vision of Tyres avatar wearing a top hat and tails suit.

lr1RYyO.jpg

Lol. Fix the carcass to the hood and go scooping. :LOL:(y)
LOL...that brings back memories of being active duty...When I was stationed at Kunsan AB in South Korea, my friend and I both worked night shift. During Exercises (read as War Games) we both were on the 12 -14 hour night shift. We worked munitions line delivery and during the exercises we would get an MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) for dinner. At the start of the night, we would take the entree pack out of the main pouch and put the sealed entree bag on the intake manifold of our bobtails (A pickup that has had the frame shortened and a small storage box placed on the back). After a few hours of driving around delivering munitions to the various aircraft, we would find a nice, dark, hidey hole and stop for dinner. Retrieving our now nicely heated dinner, we could at least enjoy a "hot" meal for the night.

When I was deployed to Qatar during Desert Shield/Storm, and to Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia before/after 9/11, we did the same things, only as the temp was over 110 to 130 degrees on a daily basis, we would just put our meal packets on top of a piece of Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) and wait 15 minutes or so. Depending on the temp, the meals would sometimes get too hot.

I know I'm not the first one to do this, my dad use to tell me that they did the same things when he was in the Army in the '60's...The things you will do to try and make a bad situation a little better...Even if it is just a meal heated up on the engine of a truck.

Hmmm. Is it possible that staff/devs may roll a ship name back to a previous iteration? I named one of mine with a - admittedly - rude word (albeit one from a direct quote). If they can/do, fair play, but I just wanted to check that I hadn't finally lost my marbles.

Hmmm. Is it possible that staff/devs may roll a ship name back to a previous iteration? I named one of mine with a - admittedly - rude word (albeit one from a direct quote). If they can/do, fair play, but I just wanted to check that I hadn't finally lost my marbles.
eally? LOL Ship name censorship? You gotta be kidding.
So I can not name my ship flyingbullshit or spacedick?

In fact... it was, indeed, me :whistle::alien::poop:

It was my Corvette I'd named "War ...". Apologies for confusion, the name is still in place.

I blame this confusion on an addled mind trying to cope with an Amazon account hack. Scum are trying a "testing of the water" by ordering something for £0.50. Hopefully, it's sorted now but a visit to the bank is in order as well. The joys of modern day life, eh? To err is human etc.

For a TV theme “Flipper” and for a movie theme and even more appropriate “Willy”.
Herecy! Flipper is clearly for the dolphin!
Would be interested on your thoughts re them pacifiers. As for the engineer, I was just taking the mickey of course.

My engineering is trapped now, I figured there are only two ways to get the shields up to G5, and one way involves travelling, 20,000 ly to Colonia.... whistles Tango... Then again, I might try to calculate a Homebase -> Colonia neutron jump sequence to see how quick that would be.
I will definitely let you know how like the pacifiers. They seem like they should be a mostly straight upgrade as often fighting smaller ships a large portion of pellets miss.

Why can't you use Lei Cheung for G5? Just squint hard and cover your eyes if you don't like him!

Last edited:
Top Bottom