Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I'm trying to locate a star (OEPHAIF AA-A H23), but using the map it just takes me to an empty location with nothing to bookmark.Is this normal?

Interesting - there is indeed nothing shown there not even when showing the little orange arcs over other nearby stars.

06.jpg

I suspect it is just the locator / label for the nebula:

06a.jpg

Last edited:
EDDB doesn't have an entry for OEPHAIF AA-A H23 either, although it has several similar (just last 2 digits difference). So no one has ever reported it to EDDB, anyway.

Tyres, if you did map it, then are you by any chance in “normal space”, i.e not in Supercruise? I’m not sure the planetary POIs show up unless you are in Supercruise, much like the USS’s, Degraded Emissions, Distress Calls, and all the other stuff that isn’t nailed down.

Of course, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that you might have uncovered a bug :)
My apologies.You are indeed correct.They are not observable from orbit when not in SC.

This week I have mostly been trying to beat the 10 minute barrier in the Scully Powers 500 SRV circuit.

the-galactic-archives-srv-race-scully-powers-500-part-2

Although the award for doing that first goes to @Shaye Blackwood (bravo sir!) I'm proud to announce that, after over 50 attempts, I finally achieved it yesterday with a 9:29 and then topped it this morning with a 9:24.

I get the shakes just looking at that start line now so for the sake of my sanity I'm calling it quits. This week I shall be buying a Federal Corvette. Got the rank ages ago but then decided I didn't like big ships and never bothered to buy one. With the current discount tho' it seems churlish not to invest. Perhaps I'll just gut the thing and turn it into a jazz venue.

This is one is making me frown slightly with "why?" stamped all over my boat race.

A warning sign is just that: a warning. This one popped up while I was scooping but the temperature levels seemed pretty OK to me - they never went higher than shown. Or was there some other reason you can see for my HUD getting a bit "achtung"?

XPskbPM.jpg

I was wondering under what circumstances this appears as sometimes it seem unclear as to why it pops up.

This is one is making me frown slightly with "why?" stamped all over my boat race.

A warning sign is just that: a warning. This one popped up while I was scooping but the temperature levels seemed pretty OK to me - they never went higher than shown. Or was there some other reason you can see for my HUD getting a bit "achtung"?

XPskbPM.jpg

I was wondering under what circumstances this appears as sometimes it seem unclear as to why it pops up.
Could be because you are on a collision course for the planet that Jameson is orbiting?
Honestly, I get that many flashing lights and klaxons these days, I just ignore them.

Proximity warning, perhaps, or just heat from the star. You ARE scooping. That icon shows up whenever you're in "danger" of some kind -- overheating, proximity, etc. I haven't found it very useful. :)

It does mean that the 15 second log-off timer will be invoked, too.

It does mean that the 15 second log-off timer will be invoked, too.
Ahhhh, maybe this is the real key? I too had been watching that warning icon recently. I saw it light up at a specific temperature (over 60%? - can't remember now) but it didn't go off again when the temperature dropped below that limit. I couldn't quite see at what temperature it did switch off again but maybe that 15 second logout thing is they key?

I've been doing the federal rank grind a couple days. Have equipped a supercruise assist module so I can do other things during. However, a few times I've noticed a weird behaviour if you activate SCA when close to your destination. It sometimes seem to able to drop at the station when you would never be able to. I'm not just talking reaction times here; last incident I was definitely too late to turn it on. Turned it on maybe 5-6 sec remaining but it can't have been more than 4 sec (on full throttle) when it activated. I was approaching way too fast, and was preparing myself for having to loop around. I see the station rushing towards me. I warp -through- the station as I drop out of super cruise into normal space. Wish I had a video, it was certainly an experience. Anyone had that happen to them?

Top Bottom