Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

You will from time-to-time see a recurring request in the Sugestions sub-forum for a HUD vector indicator. The space dust is, as @Ashnak says, the means by which this is shown already.
There is a vector indicator in that other game, but it really doesn't serve a purpose: it's next to useless when your vector and your orientation are divergent - the circle just kind of hangs around at the edge of the screen doing nothing. I actually prefer the space dust. At least it's honest.

Arrived at destination for my first 'Famous Explorer' mission. About time too I practice composing screenshots for no other reason than the images are simply lovely. Do you ever wonder why these famous explorers pay the price of a small exploration vessel for their ride out and back? Do they not know there are docking computers and super-cruise assist now? Ho hum. I'll park here overnight and sleep on it.

Nebula Travel.jpg

Been out and about scavenging HGEs in the Python.
Time for a new ship for the scavenging role I think, so I'm planning a Clipper.
Considering its speed, I might drop the shields altogether.
My only other concern is the fuel scoop, I like a fast scoop, but considering the ships role it might not be an issue.

Apart from the Cutter (which gets little use) this will be my first Imperial ship. Not a big fan of the styling, but I really want a change from the Python and that speed is impressive.

Time for a new ship for the scavenging role I think, so I'm planning a Clipper.
I really enjoy flying the Clipper, but I never seem to have a real use for the ship. It handles really nicely. I had one for a while when I was starting out (one of the times), and used it to do a bunch of A-B trading. It's a nice ship. I keep meaning to get back to mine. I starting building one on my main but it's just sitting there since forever.

Well, finished, apart from the armour. Ran out of something or other.
Decided to use a shield, it's made little difference to the speed or heat.

I did find a Scavenger build for a Krait Phantom that I was planning.
But that strangely turned into a fast Plasma beast.
I think the Clipper has the edge for scavenging anyway.

Jump range is OK, plenty internals, plenty fast.
Quite cool running, which I wasn't expecting. Well, it is until you start doing aerobatics when planetside. Then it gets a bit toasty.

Final shakedown and trials tomorrow. Naming ceremony shortly. :D

I iz back after a 2 month hiatus.
What R I upta?

Well, made it to Deadly yesterday, and at the same time submitted my Elite novel (130kwords) to Frontier's PR dept. Not expecting much but will let you know.
Closing fast on billionaire status again. AX combat zones are proving quite lucrative operating from a flight ops carrier, earning about 10 million every 20 mins rather than 10k per kill in NHSS, but they can get a bit hairy, especially when a pair of Interceptors turn up. Fun times.

oh, Happy New Year all.

I iz back after a 2 month hiatus.
What R I upta?

Well, made it to Deadly yesterday, and at the same time submitted my Elite novel (130kwords) to Frontier's PR dept. Not expecting much but will let you know.
Closing fast on billionaire status again. AX combat zones are proving quite lucrative operating from a flight ops carrier, earning about 10 million every 20 mins rather than 10k per kill in NHSS, but they can get a bit hairy, especially when a pair of Interceptors turn up. Fun times.

oh, Happy New Year all.

Welcome back! @@@07

I have been extremely quiet this past week as I went long distance crazy. I bought, outfitted and engineered an Asp Scout (and promptly fell in love with it, only bought it as I like the look of the exhaust at the back but now love the whole ship!) and made my first journey up to Colonia. Got there, bought a Python, traded my way to 250m credits, and have just bought a T9, still up at Colonia. Had thought to base myself up there for a while (I like it, it's simple and lucrative, and I meet many more human commanders), but I overlooked one thing: no 5A FSD for sale in Colonia. . I'm running an FSD booster on the Python, Asp-S and T9 but would really like A rated FSDs in the larger two before I engineer them. So it looks as though I will be hopping into the Asp, head back to civilisation, buy some 5A FSDs and then fly back to Colonia and ship the FSDs up there. One advantage of this plan is that I can make the return journey in a ship which I can't buy up there, so will likely pick up a Clipper to fly back in, would be a nice thing to have up there.

And I just turned Expert in combat, and am hopeful of reaching Elite in both trading and exploration (double yay!) this weekend, before making the journey back for my FSD shopping.

But then I imagine I will stay up in Colonia for a good while - trading my fortune and using it as a base from which to explore the outer reaches.

Thank you for the various bits of advice you collectively offered before my original departure - much appreciated.

o7

I, too, have taken off for a(nother) journey into the black, this time in almost the complete opposite direction of Sag A*. Currently in some Wregoe (or something) dominated area not too far out so I shall see how long this sojourn lasts. Still picking up discovered systems so probably a way to go before I reach "virgin" territory. So many icey/rockey icey bodies in comparison to the higher "graded" stuff.

I've mothballed the Phantom now and gone back to the trusty old AspX I bought a looong time ago. Feels like an old friend has just come back from a long time away.

Well, finished, apart from the armour. Ran out of something or other.
Decided to use a shield, it's made little difference to the speed or heat.

I did find a Scavenger build for a Krait Phantom that I was planning.
But that strangely turned into a fast Plasma beast.
I think the Clipper has the edge for scavenging anyway.

Jump range is OK, plenty internals, plenty fast.
Quite cool running, which I wasn't expecting. Well, it is until you start doing aerobatics when planetside. Then it gets a bit toasty.

Final shakedown and trials tomorrow. Naming ceremony shortly. :D

A list of suitable names for recycling is here.

I, too, have taken off for a(nother) journey into the black, this time in almost the complete opposite direction of Sag A*. Currently in some Wregoe (or something) dominated area not too far out so I shall see how long this sojourn lasts. Still picking up discovered systems so probably a way to go before I reach "virgin" territory. So many icey/rockey icey bodies in comparison to the higher "graded" stuff.

I've mothballed the Phantom now and gone back to the trusty old AspX I bought a looong time ago. Feels like an old friend has just come back from a long time away.

That's my only hesitation with my newfound Asp Scout love - I will use that as my light explorer, starting with Sag A I expect, but it will likely prevent me trying the Asp X for ages. Am I imagining it or do their engines sound slightly different from one another? It could be my ears playing tricks, out in the black!

Top Bottom