Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

That's my only hesitation with my newfound Asp Scout love - I will use that as my light explorer, starting with Sag A I expect, but it will likely prevent me trying the Asp X for ages. Am I imagining it or do their engines sound slightly different from one another? It could be my ears playing tricks, out in the black!

I don't know, but personally I would not touch the Asp Scout with a bargepole, the AspX is a very different ship and much better as an explorer.

As a light explorer, I can recommend the DBX not being a medium ship though. I used both, DBX and ASPx.

Check it out here:

Slept on it, woke up and said Good Morning to the World. Decided I don't care about explorers with more money than sense and have plotted course to the unknown.

Nebula Travel2.jpg

About twenty jumps in realised that I'd left my Guardian FSD booster off because of power issues on the planetary surface. But have since discovered a system full of undiscovered planets which I am slowly making my own.

My quest to max out all materials is making good progress, I would think another week and all is done. Been to Prthi 2a to fill up selenium and germanium. Funny how many NPC's landed there, you run into Clippers, Kraits, DBX etc.

Quite a usefull spot if you require the said mats, also, you can easily take the Conda down there.

Dog "Kaja" has a hard time, she is used to 2-3 hours walks, running free on the beach. Now she had her 4th day walking only beside me for the wee 10 minutes or so. Stitches not infected, all looking good, the painkillers are a double edged sword, on the one hand she has no pain, on the other this is why she wants to run, stuffing her with wild salmon, broccoli, carrots and rice adds to her urge to want to get rid of some energy. Eight more days to sit tight for her. Shhh. don't tell her, I am substititung Salmon now with chicken, less energy. ;)

Last edited:
Don't forget to engineer those FSDs before you ship 'em ;)

Yes, thank you - I left in rather a hurry, last (it was a sudden whim, rather than that the Feds were after me), but this time am planning to go old school and make an actual list, on actual paper, of thoughts I should have before leaving. Top of the list is 5A FSDs, second is engineering them, and third is trying to think of every ship I might ever want up in Colonia and seeing which of those (and which modules) are unavailable there. Thank you for the thought. It could have been much worse, this time, so given it was some 588 jumps to get there, having 5B FSDs available and having a class 5 FSD booster rather saved my bacon! But the next visit will be more permanent, so needs to be better thought out.

I don't know, but personally I would not touch the Asp Scout with a bargepole, the AspX is a very different ship and much better as an explorer.

As a light explorer, I can recommend the DBX not being a medium ship though. I used both, DBX and ASPx.

Check it out here:

Thank you for the link, it is on my list to buy an Asp X and test it out before returning, so I am open to it. But I do love a slightly less obvious ship, and the Scout was a trusty companion - it has a big fuel scoop, an SRV bay, and jumps over 45ly and that with me having used it to haul some engineered weapons for another ship to Colonia, so it does all I want it to. But thank you, I am going to run a Pepsi challenge between the two. Thing is, I tend to let heart rule head too often. My daily driver cars are 54 and 64 years old, not always entirely ideal but I stick with them. And the Asp exhaust pipe looks better, which is borderline vital.

I'll look at it, though! And thank you for the link!

o7

Check it out here:

That link is really good, thank you, and does make a compelling case. I'll try both!!

Hmm... I'm trying to plot a route to the Rosette or Seagull Nebula but it seems there are lot of areas out this way (two I mentioned before but now I'm seeing more - Horsehead and Crab) that need this "unknown permit" malarky. The route plotter is failing.

Looks like I'll have to find another nebula to explore :(

Last edited:
Rosette, Seagull, and Crab aren’t locked. You are probably still somewhere in the vicinity of Col 70 and Horsehead, which is a large locked ”bubble”, and disrupts the plotter. As the100thmonkey says, go down or up and replot and all will be well :)

Seagull is a lovely nebula to visit. If you head out to the Crab, give my regards to Station X which was my base for a while, and give my tags on the planets at the pulsar a wave :)

Last edited:
I reached the Federation rank of Rear Admiral, and thus have unlocked the mighty Federal Corvette, and literally two minutes later I made it to Elite in Trader rank.

Today have been a good day 😊

Congrats!! Hope to reach Elite Trader this weekend myself. Incidentally, are you up around Colonia? A CMDR Old Rusty flew past me exiting ?Jaques Station earlier this week.

Either way, congrats on the double milestones!

o7

Congrats!! Hope to reach Elite Trader this weekend myself. Incidentally, are you up around Colonia? A CMDR Old Rusty flew past me exiting ?Jaques Station earlier this week.

Either way, congrats on the double milestones!

o7

Thank you! No I have not been that far out in the galaxy yet, I've been doing cargo missions in Sothis and Ceos. Could be the ship name was Old Rusty, and not the commander name? Or perhaps we are on different platforms? I'm on PC

Last edited:
Top Bottom